• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

X

xefe

I'm disappointed in this game =[ i really am
after playing at least 20 mins of brawl , it has nothing to offer competition =\ what a trash game. All i can say is if you love balloon animals go play this game ...this game has more helium then a blimp.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
after playing at least 20 mins of brawl , it has nothing to offer competition =\ what a trash game.
Yeah, that really constitutes calling it a trash game doesn't it?

FYI, you're wrong anyway. There's tons of stuff in it. It's an excellent, and solidly playable game, and that's all we need to play it competatively.

X

xefe

Yeah, that really constitutes calling it a trash game doesn't it?

FYI, you're wrong anyway. There's tons of stuff in it. It's an excellent, and solidly playable game, and that's all we need to play it competitively.
its playable but I don't see any advanced tech's. why would you want to float like a zeppelin in the air ? sure air dashing more then once is a great idea. L cancel, doesn't reduce as much lag as before, so i think I'm at a better stand point to say what i want about the game because I'm been playing since it was released in japan, thats way before any one on this board got the game. Not to mention your online mode wont be as great as it's sought out to be, you don't realize about lag especially since its done over WIFI, it doesn't seem like this game has an outstanding net code anyways.

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
its playable but I don't see any advanced tech's. why would you want to float like a zeppelin in the air ? sure air dashing more then once is a great idea. L cancel, doesn't reduce as much lag as before, so i think I'm at a better stand point to say what i want about the game because I'm been playing since it was released in japan, thats way before any one on this board got the game. Not to mention your online mode wont be as great as it's sought out to be, you don't realize about lag especially since its done over WIFI, it doesn't seem like this game has an outstanding net code anyways.
Wow... Of course theres no f**king advanced techs, the game just came out. Melee didn't have advanced techs right away either, keep in mind its been out for 7 years. And I'm sure when Melee came out people were pissed abut how fast it was compared to ssb64, but people learn to deal with it, and now people love. Who cares about floatyness, honestly. Its a different game, don't think you can be a competitive player in melee and switch over. It is TOTALLY different. Its taken the Niagara Crew like 8 hours of playing to get some what competitive, we can actualy combo more than 2 hits in a row now :p

Seriously, anybody complaining about Brawl because its not identical to melee or that its to floaty should really really grow up.

kthnxbai

Ps.
brawl sucks go play runescape
What about brawlscape? brawl mmorpg? It could work. It would be a skill to time tradeoff ;)

X

xefe

Maybe you should grow up and realize that I have as much right to criticize the game as you enjoy playing it.
oh wow 2 hits in a row now thats great for you , and in a whole 8 hours of playing, it only took me about 15 mins of playing to learn that. Listen I've played ss64 and ssbm with an open mind and I'm doing the same for brawl, I have my opinion you have yours. They added a lot of great stuff to the game, and they took out a lot of great stuff. And who said i was comparing the game to melee anyways ? i don't see myself mention the game once, I'm giving my opinion on what I've played first hand in brawl.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
New game = new mindset

Competitive melee wasn't made in a day, you guys.

And if I have to say, these guys are advancing quite nicely:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=WifiWarsVideos

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Meljin

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=140981

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Rurounikeitaro

This is interesting btw:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141093

And keep your eyes on this thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=140614

That is all.

D.B

Smash Ace
Honestly guys, you got to give brawl a chance for more then like....8 hours? Give it a few months or years until people find out how to do advanced stuff, even if they don't it just means this game takes more thinking and "Mindgaming" (lol) then melee did.

To niagra: You probably thought you were good at melee too before you came here.

D.B

Smash Ace
after playing at least 20 mins of brawl , it has nothing to offer competition =\ what a trash game. All i can say is if you love balloon animals go play this game ...this game has more helium then a blimp.
10chars*****

X

xefe

I just dont like the fact that everything seems to float up into the air like i'm playing ballon fight on the super nes big deal.

Cap'n

Smash Rookie
lol HATER ! yea it does look very cartoonish now =\ fox is a nice cuddly teddybear
lol wha?

Anyways, I actually like most of the character designs so far except for Fox, he looks really ********. =\

I can't wait to play it anyways though.

Sanu

Smash Champion
After playing for four hours today with Matt and GRMO, I must say it is incredibly fun. INCREDIBLY FUN. Sadly, the copy Matt gave me doesn't work on my modded wii, so I get to wait like the rest of you.

*Note: Of the characters we've played as and unlocked, Marth and Fox are still overpowered, Marth moreso. We unlocked Ness, Luigi, and Marth. =)

Grmo

Smash Champion
****ing awesome game. Dzenan, it doesn't look like N64. It looks like ****ing secks. Today was so fun. LOL Josh: you landmaster gimped Matt, that was the best. Also rofl @ New Pork City.

BTW to everyone: opinions are like *** holes. Everyone has them and no one wants to hear them.

EDIT: lol Josh you know you liked my Marth combos :chuckle:

EDIT2: yeah actually I'm really looking forward to competative play as well. It's going to be such a blast. I feel like this game has got so much to offer competatively. It really is a new game though. I mean, we're all noobs at it. The visuals are stunning, too.

Everyone is just gonna have to get used to the fact that this is a new game >_>
It's barely similar to Melee. Really what it's done is it's taken the best parts of 64 and Melee and combined them. BTW Metaknight is nerfed as hell.

Oh yeah, me and Josh had the first ever no items competative Bo3 set in the GTA :p
I won, go Marth :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

And really, I've played the game a total of 4 hours so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about lol

The first round was painful. I found out that Fox ***** Dedede >_>
It's basically because Dedede's grab game is really dangerous, and his down throw is a huge part of that. Problem is that Fox just falls down so we can't combo out of a down throw, and a uthrow goes too high past a pretty low percent, which makes the matchup very hit and miss for Dedede. As in, he has to get the killing combo at the right time (like Marth in melee) or else he's screwed. He doesn't really have a killing combo though. Also since he's huge, Fox's drill-usmash combos **** Dedede. This is all just speculation based on a couple of matches though, so I'm probably wrong.

Marth does well vs fastfallers. Uthrow chaingrabbing is out, but he can do some really good stuff. His sword is even better than before. He's broken as hell now. I imagine we'll need to find a suitable counter to Marth. It remains to be seen whether or not Sheik is this person, but Sheik is a lot weaker now so I'm not sure. My prediction is that a lot of the metagame will revolve around killing Marth's brokenness.

Aside from Marth though, I think most of the cast is pretty even, at least in comparison to Melee.

D

Deleted member

Noah - "I'm so manly I have to shave my teeth."

Last edited by a moderator:

Superlocke

Smash Rookie
brawl is still a month away for us regular players, is there anymore big GTA melee tourneys being setup for february? :/

X

xefe

I don't like the fact that it looks like 64 smash =/
don't worry cfalcon is still good.

brawl is still a month away for us regular players, is there anymore big GTA melee tourneys being setup for february? :/
sorry the gta is filled with super players who are already playing brawl.

Has anyone noticed that Mario hasn't really changed and he feels exactly like he does in melee ? except for his new water hose b move ? Does anyone else notice that hitting L before you land does reduce some lag also(I just tested it out this morning and there is no such thing as L-Cancle at ALL i tested it all this morning, and it seems when you fast fall an attack the lag is redueced compared to when you dont) ? just things I've been testing with a bunch of characters. I got snake and i enjoy playing with him. Also falco feels pretty good for me to I already got used to the floaty ness of the game and i made my own special tech move which made me feel better about no wave dash lol. So if anyone wants to play brawl let me know. my record for home run contest is 550 meters with fox =\ i love how the bag bounces back off the wall and you can also do 2 players lol. So even tho i disliked a lot of the game i already made the switch , so who wants to play brawl this week(as long as you have snake , and mr gnw well play) ? And adnan are we still playing melee this weekend?

BTW guys i unlocked mostly all the charaters took be about 2 hours but i got them all finally =]

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
*posting from work* JOSH AND IMADH U GUYS ARE THE MVP'S OF SAUGA, IMADH FOR REPRESENTING SAUGA IN POUND 3 AND JOSH FOR GETTING BRAWL TO WORK AFTER I HAD GIVEN UP ALL HOPE!!!!!!!

man im only missing Jiggs, toon link and wolf, but as soon as I get home tonight im SPAMMING TILL I GET THEM ALL, lol easy enough XD,

just set stage select on random
go to special brawl
set it to stamina
turn on Lip's Flower (that flower that grows on ur head after getting with Lip's stick)
set ur opponent's health to 1
and then start match

the whole thing should last a total of a second because since lip's flower is on ur opponents head it pretty much kills of that one hp within the second and the match is then done XD

do that about 450 times and uve got all the chars XD and so far ive done it about 300 times since i just unlocked sonic this morning b4 headding to work ^o^

this message is going out to the guys that went to pound 3: if anyone of you guys are free after 5, you're welcome to drop by and try out the brawl. but if u wanna play as jiggs, toon link or wolf ull have to wait a bit since I have to go through another 150 times of 1 second matches

X

xefe

Matt why do the stupid flower thing you can self destruct 450 games, put the setting to one stock, and 2.0 damage ratio =\ then just run off the level it takes 1 second only took me 2 hours (alittle bit less) of doing it and poof you get everyone

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
EFEX you just ****ing suck, thats why theres no advanced techs.
We (Me, Imadh and David) played brawl at Pound 3.
Stop the scrubing.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
if you shield in brawl, the second the shield comes out your momentum has stopped thus enabling standing grabs from dash. in melee, your momentum carries with you for a moment so you still do dash grab if you mistime it.

i found that in five minutes.

give us time =)

edit: i don't think brawl will have the same replay value as melee, though.

X

xefe

EFEX you just ****ing suck, thats why theres no advanced techs.
We (Me, Imadh and David) played brawl at Pound 3.
Stop the scrubing.
wow you played brawl at pound 3 , thats just amazing, I've had the game from Japaneses release so I've tested out a lot more then you have(oh did i mention i had the leaked copy also ?), so stop **** talking.

X

xefe

How is pressing sheild to stop momentum advanced ? a two year old can figure that out

Grmo

Smash Champion
Blargh. We need positive attitudes towards the game. Tons of things from Melee got taken out, and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of ground based stuff. But for all we know there will be tons of aerial tactics, so we may as well wait until we figure this stuff out. I think it will have tons of replay value. It doesn't hurt to be hopeful anyway.

EDIT: Matt I think I have to disagree. A two year old hardly has the motor skills (let alone big enough hands) to press buttons and figure out what they do. At that age a baby is still learning things through touch, not so much visually, and the level of direct contact between a baby and a video game character is close to nil. Sorry. Babies can't play smash.

X

xefe

no 2 years olds are perfectly capable of playing video games.

Like ok I'm bashing the game but they did do some great things, the graphics look great, the levels are amazing, but the game play doesn't feel right. Me and landy have been playing online and it seems it will lag a lot (the net code is far from perfect) and also the randomness of falling down like whats with that=\.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
no 2 years olds are perfectly capable of playing video games.

and also the randomness of falling down like whats with that=\.
Well, in the 4 games I played... I figured out what causes tripping.... so LOL at us learning more about this game in the handfull of games we have played Mr. "Japan leak release"

But wait..... such details are things even a 2 year old can do and understand... so I'll spare you the information...

Uh oh.... your own logic made you look stupid.

Also, on a helpfull note..... Dave said that yoshi's story is the most non laggiest stage... so you should try that if lag is a problem. :)

Top Bottom