• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You are consistent in your inconsistencies. :troll:

Uhh, if we go to another EC tournament do you guys want to crew battle TFS? I offhandedly challenged them in the "Are Crews Dead?" thread. Their lineup is something like PC Chris, Niko, otg, and some people I've forgotten. I have no idea if they'll be interested in playing us or not lolz but on the off chance they are, it might be fun to do an actual crew battle again for once.

I figure we probably won't have Bernard or Imadh anyway so it won't be super one-sided.

Ministry

Smash Ace
i have cards from
Core Sets
beta -unlimited - Revised - 4th edition - 5th edition - 6th edition - 7th edition -8th edition - 9th edition -10th edition- M2010

Expansion sets i have cards from

Arabian Nights -Antiquities- Legends- the dark- fallen empires
ice age- alliances- cold snap
mirage- visions- weather light
tempest- stronghold- exodus
urzas saga- urzas legacy- urzas destiny
Mercadian Masques- nemesis- prophecy
invasion- plane shift- apocalypse
odyssey- torment- judgment
onslaught- legions - scourge

Also If you want a some specific Rares post here. I can tell you right away if i have it

selling my game cube. copy of smash. 2 controllers and a memory card.
there is also a tv you can pick up if you are in the area for 20 dollars.
i also a have a **** ton of ps1 and ps2 games for sale.
magic cards
IBM computer monitor
Computer speakers and sub.
ps3
32 inch flat screen.
bunch on computer games.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
lol nick you probably have some super valuable mtg stuff... not really willing to splurge on mtg atm tho...

thanks david. i have a lot of trouble reacting to thunder's... mostly cuz of lack of practise no one ever thunder's me til i get to the gta for a tourney or something lol

usually when i get shined 70% of the time i miss the tech and while i'm thinking about missing the tech i miss the up input to get up from the jab and i'm already being jab reset xD sighs.

kyle i meant inconsistent in how you play lol. i know you lose to camillo (since a lot of us do lolol) it's juts that you mess up a lot of spacing or stuff that i feel that you wouldn' tmess up vs other ppl like me.

but then obv camillo is doing something i'm not so idk

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i recently read an article and ontario's avg retirement age is slowly climbing. it's at like 68 now and it's projected to hit 70-75 in the very new future

also, that falco was good. but everytime he got grabbed he went into derp-mode. he also di'd in on every offstage dthrow (from the parts i watched at least) xD man he's just asking for combo lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
jake13 is really good, i played him a pound. probably a step below camillo level from what i remember. but its darkrain for ****s sake.

weon - X

Smash Ace
:083: All right I'm gonna be hosting this weekend for the first time ever :083:

:troll: I'm gonna post the address later in the week but just so u know i wanna drink my *** off :troll:

:yeahboi: I'm prolly gonna get a big bottle of ... something maybe vodka but i think we're gonna need a little extra cus of Ryan :yeahboi:

idea

Smash Master
:083: All right I'm gonna be hosting this weekend for the first time ever :083:

:troll: I'm gonna post the address later in the week but just so u know i wanna drink my *** off :troll:

:yeahboi: I'm prolly gonna get a big bottle of ... something maybe vodka but i think we're gonna need a little extra cus of Ryan :yeahboi:
lol i'm so in...why do you have a hosting-able address suddenly?

Rikana

Smash Champion
If I can make it, I'll bring vodka as well.

Edit: Dunno if I can make it on 24th of march. Most likely not.

unknown522

Some guy
yeah, it's the only day available Jack. Brawl has the 10th, KoF13/SC5 have the 17th and something else is the 31st. I'd rather not have it on the 24th, but no choice unless you all are down to do it on a sunday or something (but david has work on sunday and I assume that most have classes on mondays).

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
So apparently the TFS crew is something like

Nintendude, Twebb, otg, PC Chris, Nando, HBK, Niko

I think we may need more black people in order to make this work. So, Imadh, basically. Although the abundance of Marths and awkward characters makes this look kind of precarious.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
lol it's okay ryan it's all good. i'll see you guys in april :p

when do you guys book the date for monthlies? ifyo uguys could do it like, now, or asap, that'd be awesome. work schedules me 6 weeks ahead lol, and although they have a pseudo-policy where they only schedule us 2 weekends a month (which i love) it's a gamble to see which weekends it lands on and when you guys book the a&c XD

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
oh ****, didn't know there was competitive pkmn around toronto

or anyone who plays it on ds here
i have a group of friends that's pretty heavily into it, sometimes they host tournaments and usually attend when tourneys at a&c are going on, we're always welcoming more people! aside from us though i dont know anyone else who plays regularly, i dont think toronto really has a centralized pokemon scene that i know about

this is this sunday: https://www.facebook.com/events/252200104862415/

though at this particular tourney no hacked/RNGed pokemon are allowed (rare candied are allowed since it's going to be done over IR flat battle anyway) and there's been a loooooooot of drama with the guy that used to organize the tourneys, so feel free to go if your pokemon were grinded lol

edit: to clarify i dont really play, i do once in a while though, i'm just good friends with everyone else there cause i met them during a tourney my ex bf participated in

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i played competitive on DS for D/P but my pkmn were hacked

my friends and i agreed hacking legit was fine.
i.e. we'd hack legal EVs and stuff

and for IVs we'd input stuff like, for an infernape, 30/31/25/24/28/31 or something lol

we had no time to breed, but stats like those are totally doable. better than straight 31s lol
we always wondered if we'd get away with tourneys with those kinda pkmn
i'm sure there ar ethose who chain breed for like 4 31's and whatnot... but it's just not worth my time xD

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i played competitive on DS for D/P but my pkmn were hacked

my friends and i agreed hacking legit was fine.
i.e. we'd hack legal EVs and stuff

and for IVs we'd input stuff like, for an infernape, 30/31/25/24/28/31 or something lol

we had no time to breed, but stats like those are totally doable. better than straight 31s lol
we always wondered if we'd get away with tourneys with those kinda pkmn
i'm sure there ar ethose who chain breed for like 4 31's and whatnot... but it's just not worth my time xD
it really depends who you play with and what tourneys you go to
like some of my pkmn are hacked but if the TOs dont want hacked pkmn i just wont use em etc, like i dont really care in the long run but i'll respect what the TO wants

unknown522

Some guy
Some of my pokemon are legit. Some aren't I for white version. I got lazy at some point

My diamond version is all legit though...assuming I still have the cartridge

:phone:

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
how would they check tho?

like most hacks still have the regular wild pkmn flags... x)
something to do w/ the battle subway

dunno much about it i mostly use teams other people make for me xd

weon - X

Smash Ace
allright so my place isnt very big.... im gonna make a list of people coming, start telling me if you're available on saturday, dont know how many people this place can handle. I dont feel like leaving anybody out but i dunno any other way to settle this if the case is a lot of people wanna come. just confirm here and ****.

also if people wanna play smash i only have 1 crt.... somebody has to bring set ups, Im prolly just gonna be drinking if there arent any setups lol

address is 70 Dombey Rd , nearest intesection is sheppard and jane :yeahboi:

list:
ryan
david
james?
kyle josh

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I have work Sunday so I can't stay... just gonna come, chill for a few hours, then leave. Probably kind of early (11ish, maybe midnight).

Rikana

Smash Champion
Not sure if I'd be able to come either. Work next morning as well. Congrats on the new place though.

:phone:

Anyone come today for some smash?

idea

Smash Master
allright so my place isnt very big.... im gonna make a list of people coming, start telling me if you're available on saturday, dont know how many people this place can handle. I dont feel like leaving anybody out but i dunno any other way to settle this if the case is a lot of people wanna come. just confirm here and ****.

also if people wanna play smash i only have 1 crt.... somebody has to bring set ups, Im prolly just gonna be drinking if there arent any setups lol

address is 70 Dombey Rd , nearest intesection is sheppard and jane :yeahboi:

list:
ryan
yeah confirm me

Top Bottom