• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Windrose

Smash Lord
Oh it is? Yeah, downtown will probably be really busy that day.

Also, ride the pikachu bus:

Windrose

Smash Lord
what was so amazing about pikachu??? why didn't he transform into raichu? How did ash beat an onix with a pikachu?

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
he actually didnt aim for anything in particular but accidentally set the gym on fire which turned on the sprinklers and made onix susceptible to electric attacks

but who would bother pointing out little details like that, i mean really

unknown522

Some guy
Yeah pikachu = broken in the show.

So either we can have a drunken tourney on the 17th, or we can do the 10th (but that's only 2 weeks away).

Can't do the 24th

:phone:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i agree with that tristan, but what about both at the same time.
i personally plan on spending st patties day being drunk around a bunch of women and going to a club or something.

vidja games can wait :embarrass:

Coincedentally, I'm going to be in toronto on the weekend of the 10th, so that would work out really for for me if it was that day instead.

Sleaf

Smash Cadet
hmm i'd probably make it on the 17th. Haven't been to one of these in a while.
Plus we usually finish these tournies by early evening anyway

idea

Smash Master
in theory, we could have it on the 17th, finish early, then all go to the same bar.

do you guys mind if i bring my ds to the bar? i haven't finished castlevania yet :awesome:

Sleaf

Smash Cadet
in theory, we could have it on the 17th, finish early, then all go to the same bar.

do you guys mind if i bring my ds to the bar? i haven't finished castlevania yet :awesome:
in theory communism works

idea

Smash Master
omg, i just realized that i was writing on the wrong thing...for my report/presentation...due tomorrow at 4:00. the funny thing is, that already happened once. first it was with the same book, because it has two sets of page numbers, original text and new translation order. turns out i was supposed to be reading the selected pages from a different book entirely.

this should be stressful, but it's so silly i can't help but laugh at the situation.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
With my magic T.O. skillz we very well could have singles done by like 7 pm and then pre-drink at someone's house and then go to a bar.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I have an empty house that we could potentially pre-drink at (very close to where I live. Literally 5 min walk). Tenants recently moved out (my parents regret renting it to them cause they didn't take good care of it. Broken walls, dirty washroom, etc.. I have no idea what they did) Its only got like.. 1 sofa though and lots of garbage bags cause we're cleaning it up. Should be a lot better by then and after we finish renovating some places again.

Anyone interested in renting? Basement spot left. 2 rooms, laundry room, living room, and kitchen. Top floor already reserved for family friends. loladvertising.

Regardless, I'll definitely be able to get us a place to predrink if you guys don't mind standing and all. That is.. if I'm free that day.

weon - X

Smash Ace
omg, i just realized that i was writing on the wrong thing...for my report/presentation...due tomorrow at 4:00. the funny thing is, that already happened once. first it was with the same book, because it has two sets of page numbers, original text and new translation order. turns out i was supposed to be reading the selected pages from a different book entirely.

this should be stressful, but it's so silly i can't help but laugh at the situation.

were u distracted thinking about meat?

also u gotta learn to unleash the fury within you so you can achieve ur goal to become a super saiyin.

Izek

Smash Cadet
With my magic T.O. skillz we very well could have singles done by like 7 pm
I approve. I actually liked how the tournament was run quickly because it benefits me getting back home :). and any thing to mention bout our pools matches? or those friendlies? falco vs fox.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I dunno if it was mentioned already but I think there's a brawl tournament @ a&c on march 10th.

I think we'll have to settle with march 31st...or march 3rd LOL

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I approve. I actually liked how the tournament was run quickly because it benefits me getting back home :). and any thing to mention bout our pools matches? or those friendlies? falco vs fox.
The thing that stood out was that I couldn't out-wait you. I'm actually finding my general Fox game vs Falco to be less effective and I think people are just playing a better combat game, or picking better moments to shoot lasers to regain footing.

I did a lot better when I applied a lot of pressure. You seemed a lot better at fighting when things were going kind of slowly than when things were... a big blur of shines and aerials. You'd probably benefit a lot from trying to figure out where you can CC, shine OOS, and other stuff like that during his pressure sequences.

Hold up to avoid the shine --> jab reset setup (aka thunder's combo).

As for fighting Sheik... it's mostly what I said. Your pressure (when you didn't mess it up) was pretty safe... you did a lot of the early rising retreat nairs, which is good. I suggest shine-grabbing more, though. It's pretty good against her (she likes to hold shield once nair OOS fails a few times) and can be used to push her off the stage. Plus the combo stuff we talked about (shine-landing isn't that good; try up air, more dair, up tilt, etc). You basically just want to get her off the stage and then hit her off a bunch of times until she dies. That's the basic strategy behind beating Sheik with just about every character.

Camilo got me with like a billion laser --> f-smashes. You should watch and see how he does it lolz.

Ministry

Smash Ace
selling my game cube. copy of smash. 2 controllers and a memory card.

there is also a tv you can pick up if you are in the area for 20 dollars.

i also a have a **** ton of ps1 and ps2 games for sale.

magic cards

IBM computer monitor

Computer speakers and sub.

ps3

32 inch flat screen.

bunch on computer games.

im loading pictures onto kijiji soon if anyone is interested

Windrose

Smash Lord
More info on the ps3, speakers, 32'' screen.

i'm also interested in the 2 controllers .

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
my vote's for 17th! i don't even know if i have a midterma round there but it's my only weekend off for a while LOL

nick what sets do your mtg range from?

watched some of the vids last night and there were some interesting things lol

david does only falco escape thunder's when holding up? fox doesn't right? i feel like i should already knw this but i want confirmation xD

there were a lot of jankyish sets like kyle vs james, windrose you played well at times and at others just imo made weird decisions. i had more to say but i can't remember lol

idea

Smash Master
The thing that stood out was that I couldn't out-wait you.
how the hell do you out-wait falco with fox in the first place?

selling my game cube. copy of smash. 2 controllers and a memory card.

there is also a tv you can pick up if you are in the area for 20 dollars.

i also a have a **** ton of ps1 and ps2 games for sale.

magic cards

IBM computer monitor

Computer speakers and sub.

ps3

32 inch flat screen.

bunch on computer games.

im loading pictures onto kijiji soon if anyone is interested
probably not but post the link anyway

keep one controller in case you eventually move back somewhere where you can play smash/see us more regularly.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
try to remember. anything helps.
you got good dthrow followups iirc
you start pretty strong, and approach well/decent platform game

but your dd game is sorta weak. yo ugotta abuse that **** esp vs peach and your falcon
you also let peach pivot stuff around you and you didn't quite pick up on it
usually my problem vs james is that i approach without dynamics... it's always the same old LOL. and plus my fox just closes space with nair and i don't take advantage of his shuffl

but when i play around with falcon i find that it's easier to throw your aerials a bit farther given falcons arial mobility and his long nair. i have little trouble spacing the nair a bit farther when james tries to pivot. james is REALLY good at pivot stuff f(imo at least... his space management has improved sooooo much lol) i find an easier time getting in now with falco/marth (tho i don't think i played much marth with him) but the laser really supports it

basically i find that when in a neutral position, or when you guys "reset" you either: approach poorly and get baited into a dashattack/grab/dsmash, and when he approaches you you let him in too easily without trying to keep him at bay

i didn't have much sleep tho and i watched those vids at 5am last night so i could just be ****ting you but that's what i remembered LOL not exactly coming from a falcon main but it's a tidbit i get when fooling around with falcon... james knows what it's like :awesome:

i'll add more later i wanted to rewatch those vids when i'm less tired. they were really enjoyable to watch. kyle you're so inconsistent vs camillo btw LOL and david getting trolled like 3 times on fd with laser laser fsmash?????? xD

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
david does only falco escape thunder's when holding up? fox doesn't right? i feel like i should already knw this but i want confirmation xD
It's based on percent for Fox. I think Falco gets out pretty early by just holding up (not sure what the exact percent is but it seems like 10% or so rofl) but Fox it's probably around 40%+ (maybe higher? I think his jab is stronger than Sheik's or about as powerful so that makes sense in my head). These are just estimates, though, you'd have to test them yourself to know for certain.

Top Bottom