• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Windrose

Smash Lord
Hey err , just got back from a final exam. What's happening with the smash fest tomorrow? I am driving nick over. Can someone pm me the address? :S

tect

Smash Journeyman
SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S! SMOKE'S!
poutinerie

But seriously, awesome road food.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
if it was just her run speed, she probably wouldnt be that much better. She'd still have piss pour aerial vertical mobility which is where the better part of her game lies. she doesn't have a good grounded moveset and the inability to quickly transverse between sh aerials and the ground wud still be limited by her floatiness.

it would give her a mean DD grab game tho which would be great vs ffers (and other chars but mostly them)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
thats so useless. maybe its cuz i don't play brawl or know anything about it, but how could that be any good, you have to be shooting a laser RIGHT on top of them. who does that?

unless thats how people roll in brawl =/

don't sheiks needles have a lot of stun too (melee)?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
thats so useless. maybe its cuz i don't play brawl or know anything about it, but how could that be any good, you have to be shooting a laser RIGHT on top of them. who does that?
don't we do stuff like that all the time in our game? like with low aerials and stuff?

don't sheiks needles have a lot of stun too (melee)?
no they have horrible shield stun.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yay, exams are finally over :D

Waddap Toronto, where all my bitches at? <3

JPOBS

Smash Hero
don't we do stuff like that all the time in our game? like with low aerials and stuff?
I kinda see what you're saying, i guess its the same. but the fact that you have to shoot a first laser (which apperently goes over their head) is a dead give away and they could roll or shield grab or something. Atleast with late aerials you're threating the possibility of an aerial at any time so it freezes them.

no they have horrible shield stun.
i see.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
people at charles': sorry if i seemed kind of out of it, combination of being sleepy and unhappy with my new controller.
You are not your sleep nor your unhappiness. I don't know if it's just me but I see a lot of people act differently because they associate a feeling to themselves, when in reality it's not them! Can anyone relate to that?

idea

Smash Master
Alright...

I think you're saying that: some people resign themselves to ideas like "I'm sad" and forget that they could easily reverse their mood if they wanted.

But: I'm just not going to enjoy myself much playing Melee if my controller doesn't do what I want. same as I wouldn't enjoy playing soccer with a broken leg.

(It was still okay for combos after hitting someone once, though, so that's good at least)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I kinda see what you're saying, i guess its the same. but the fact that you have to shoot a first laser (which apperently goes over their head) is a dead give away and they could roll or shield grab or something. Atleast with late aerials you're threating the possibility of an aerial at any time so it freezes them.
why would you have to shoot the first laser?

couldn't you just shoot as you're coming down? seems like something one could realistically learn to time.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
why would you have to shoot the first laser?

couldn't you just shoot as you're coming down? seems like something one could realistically learn to time.
Like i said, i don't know anything about brawl. But in the video he always shot a double laser, I just assumed the first laser was mandatory.

Top Bottom