• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
has anyone else played dissidia? either the old one or the new one, i assume they're pretty similar.

maybe it's just me, but the fighting seems really artificial. everything is either auto-homing attack or auto-dodging thing just in case they're about to use an auto-homing attack. there's no like...punch, in front of you. it's always something elaborate that will probably miss unless they don't move while it's trying to follow them. =/

it feels like i'm supposed to camp them and counter once they've missed, but if you do that they run away pointlessly and occasionally come back to attack you. like am i missing something here?

unknown522

Some guy
I also want all of you to go too.. Apparently Bam is coming too! =D
cool. Good to hear.

Also what happened to the pics of RoM 3 when we all did the triforce sign in the air after the tournament was done? And then that pic when Hbox was looking at me funny. Does anyone know who took those?
dunno.

tourneys aside...any smash between now and sunday? (i'm busy on sunday
dunno. Everyone seems busy. Charles is hosting on tuesday because it'll be the last time we'll see nick before he leaves to ottawa.

I might be interested, work dependant of course.
I could drive if there are many people going and need rides :S. Depends on how many people are going I guess. I'm not 100% confirmed yet and I don't wanna promise some people a ride if I end up not being able to go. Like james, I also need to check my summer school schedule.

My other john is that my car is quite old and I am not too experienced in super long distance driving. I don't believe in drinking coffee or energy drinks so I'd probably feel more comfortable tagging along with someone else's car, and be a part time driver if the main driver gets tired and pitch in for gas.

PS: are you guys planning on leaving on friday and returning on sunday morning i guess?
oh, I see.

Also yeah friday-sunday.

i would be down to go to ottawa

but i'm bad and will get *****

plus how much would i have to pay? food, gas, etc etc?
well well well, if it isn't andy?

You are weak son. 5 hours ain't ****!! :embarrass:
this guy here is a soldier. 17 hours straight of driving!! Ridiculous.

How many people are going and how many cars? there might not even be a need for more than 1 car...and quite a few of us are drivers.
there'll definitely be a need for more than 1, if everyone that showed interest can go.

If it was a day trip it probalby wouldn't even cost 60$ unless you ate at somewhere expensive
- $10 at the most for gas
- $25 for entry
- food (unless you bring your own)
- MMs?

pretty much what kage said.

yeah, IS it a day trip?

the tournament is two days, but melee is only on the first day. but people might want to arrive the night before/stay over an extra night after. it also depends on how many people nick is willing to house, and for how long. (or other housing)
I would only be able to go for one day =(
Been talking to Pogogo. He wants to go from friday-sunday. It's still a maybe though (because bernard's G2 expired). I had already confirmed with him for bernard, charles, and myself <_<. I also got housing sorted out too.

I dunno if he's taking a friend or something?

sauc3

Smash Lord
i wanna go! i have my full license and much experiene driving long distances (rom 3 where u at?), but i can't leave here till after 2 on friday (which i assume is fine since its only 5 hours)

idea

Smash Master
dunno. Everyone seems busy. Charles is hosting on tuesday because it'll be the last time we'll see nick before he leaves to ottawa.

Been talking to Pogogo. He wants to go from friday-sunday. It's still a maybe though (because bernard's G2 expired). I had already confirmed with him for bernard, charles, and myself <_<. I also got housing sorted out too.

I dunno if he's taking a friend or something?
alright, i'll probably come on tuesday then.

soo that leaves...who else was driving? kurtis and possibly james...

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
lol ryan your fav word is "dunno"

i'm not sure if i'd be able to stay the weekend. my family isn't happy with me spending money on trips around school

i might if we get free housing? school is done and i could tell them it's not like i'm paying for hotel.
someone confirm soon please? i love ottawa and i think it'd be a nice trip esp with you guys and quebecers =)

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
what's tect upto for the summer? vaca?

edit: could we decide on that may 7th being a one day trip or a 3 day trip?

i think my leave of absence from work expires soon so i'd have to actually book it off, which would be a hassle, and booking a weekend off is really difficult

Windrose

Smash Lord
So far the only confirmed car is pogogo I think? Who is going in that one? James is dependent on work schedule, not sure what kurtis' plans are...

How many people from ontario are going?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
So far the only confirmed car is pogogo I think? Who is going in that one? James is dependent on work schedule, not sure what kurtis' plans are...

How many people from ontario are going?
kurtis can only contribute to drive as can i; neither of us can provide a car

pogogo is offering a car, james is dependent on work, and he can provide a car if he goes as well

the main thing i want to know is, whether or not this would be a one day trip or not. i would personally prefer a one day trip as it'd be a lot easier for work and convenience of everything

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Well I can take one more person if you want to have 3 people in the back seat. So far Im taking unknown522 raynex and c 3

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
i want to go:

but have no controller and there are probably others who deserve that position more.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Okay, so clearly....i might need to drive my own car...

HYPOTHETICALLY, who would be going with me if I drove a car?
-kurtis, jack(if one day trip i guess?)

PS: when do you find out your work schedule james?

idea

Smash Master
^i'd go with you.

question: why are the only options 1-day and 3-day trip? theoretically shouldn't there be a 2-day option =P which might still work for jack?

idea

Smash Master
hmm...i guess the day of, then leaving later on the following day would be good.

basically i (and i assume most people) would want to stay longer for more smash, but jack (and probably at least one other person) has real life concerns...so maybe there's a possible compromise with 2 days?

depends on when he/whoever else needs to be back by. in theory we could also go there a day early, hang out at nick's house, then have the tournament and leave the night of the tournament.

sauc3

Smash Lord
i would be more down for a 1 day trip so i'd go with you david, i have to work weekdays (and every other weekend, tho i can most likely book this one off) and if im there for 2 or 3 days ill prob get sum ****ty sleep habits or have to pull a few back-to-back all nighters due to staying up late, and i have been sleeping so consistently lately i'd rather not take the chance and just do an in and out kinda thing,

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Wait one day trip. 11 hours of driving plus tourney does not compute. When does the thing even start? You would have to leave so early.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Well I can take one more person if you want to have 3 people in the back seat. So far Im taking unknown522 raynex and c 3
see the boards went inactive for like 2 days and then all of a sudden there's a guy wanting a second driver with nearly a full caar lol so much communication (Y)

and i had an exam so i wasn't on all day/night/blah

also due to lack of communication, i could only book the 7th off work. and i don't know, this doesn't seem like it's gonna fall in place so unless ppl need a 2nd driver or w/e i might as well just stay local go to work and catch up on life

Top Bottom