• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

tect

Smash Journeyman
Yo, James, buenob passed through Kingston today so he and I were discussing tournament plans, and the conversation turned to attendance. buenob told me that he could be ragingly upset if you don't come!

^____^'

C 3

Smash Ace
God bless the 90s. Anyway... im hosting casuals on tuesday for nicks (ministrys) moving away. It would be nice to spend some of our last days with him being somewhat in the area. It will be from 2pm to 1am, 8 - 10 person cap.

Windrose

Smash Lord
is that 8-10 people including nick? cuz we know for sure nick is going since it's his goodbye smash fest. so is the cap really 7-9?

Windrose

Smash Lord
That guy is actually pretty good. he played some nice licks outside of the careless whisper chorus once in a while in the video.

my friends and i were thinking about doing that but i only have a tenor but it'd be pretty hilarious

Windrose

Smash Lord
There's a program out there where you can identify people through their pictures. I think it's called tin eye or something...

tect

Smash Journeyman
GO Recordings and MeleeInternational

Hello everyone, be prepared for a big block of text… with a summary at the bottom.

I had a quick correspondence with prog the other day, and he and chain-ace have decided to open up the proposed MeleeAtlNorth Youtube channel found HERE to other communities, namely, ours. I do not know at this point if a MeleeInternational channel will be made, but that seems to be the case.

Anyways, my point is that with the OTTAWA TOURNAMENT coming up with so many high-level players attending, we have a great opportunity to showcase our talented community to everyone. I think that now might be a great time for individuals to highlight their ability and willingness to utilize their recording equipment for the benefit of EC Canada’s Melee scene. I myself will be doing my best to co-ordinate a few Dazzle’s and a DVR. I would greatly appreciate it if I could receive some feedback, so that we can organize and successfully execute match recording.

An aside for the curious, GAMING OTTAWA will technically own the recordings, but that is just a formality so that they can potentially use the material for promotions in the future. They have no qualms with us independently taking care of recording and eventual uploading.-

tl;dr If we record the Ottawa tournament, then prog and chain-ace will upload it for wide exposure. **Get back to me**

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
sighs.

now i REALLY want to go lmao
so, what are the plans really? in the off chance my work schedule turns out nice, would we leave early sat -> come home early sunday?

or leave late fri come home late sat? assumingggg ppl here dont want a 3 day trip

Windrose

Smash Lord
I don't see the point in going on friday, it'd probably be leaving early saturday and it's a question of coming back late saturday night (aka sunday super early morning) or coming back sunday after staying the night in ottawa...

As for cars, I think it's boiling down to me or James + pogogo. Pogogo only has one seat left in his car I believe and I don't exactly know what his schedules are for going to ottawa and coming back.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
If there's a spot in a car, I'd highly appreciate a pick up in Kingston (it's on the way, can meet in a plaza with food places just off the highway) whenever they stop for food. I don't think I can go another way since Andrew's car kinda got owned. :O

C 3

Smash Ace
is that 8-10 people including nick? cuz we know for sure nick is going since it's his goodbye smash fest. so is the cap really 7-9?
It's me and nick +6-8. PLEASE let me know by the end of today if you're coming or not.

charles

check your pms, please. i need your address for tomorrow.
Kyle

check your pms, please. I sent you my address.

If people who are driving can bring a tv/setup or two, that would be awesome. I have 2tvs and one setup already.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Okay, I am going to confirm my car for going to this...whoever is interested in going with me, please contact me asap. 4 seats (potentially 3 since its stupid to have Jack jump in a car with someone from Toronto...)
Okay then, only 1 seat left for my car. Um, I also would like to attend your casuals tomorrow Charles.
sooooooooo that means one seat left after accounting for me?

what's the schedule looking like? hopefully i don't work much

C 3

Smash Ace
Yeah, the seat is counting you. As far as schedule goes I don't know yet. Even my work schedule consistency is questionable at this point. We will talk later about what we plan to do in terms of how long we're staying.
Can I confirm a seat with you until i'm 100% sure I have a ride there?

C 3

Smash Ace
I'm sorry I don't understand. Are you saying you have another means of getting there but its unconfirmed and you'd like to confirm in my car until you find out that your other ride is available?
Yes. Bernard told me I can get a ride with him and ryan in pogogo's car, but i'm not sure how reliable that is. I just dont want to get stuck with a last minute "oh, btw, we forgot to save u a seat" situation.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
^^ LOOOL that reminds me about that one time from... taking back saturday? trying to get bernard on everyone's laps LOL

also, i'm stupid and forgot that at my work the week ends with saturday and starts with sunday (like many other cultures do) so i can still book off sunday =D

sooooooooooooooooooooo ideally at this point leave early sat and sunday will be chillz

but i don't know about friday yet. ideally this isn't a full weekend trip as my parents will flip since i can't use a school trip excuse since exams'll be done lol

100idealz

idea

Smash Master
that's kind of funny, exams are done but you still can't go out and have fun? =/ usually that would be a GOOD explanation.

anyway, sounds like the car is james, jack, me, mike apparently (dunno if you pm'd james yet?), and however many spots are left. doesn't make sense to leave a spot open for nick driving to and from toronto so we can squish him in somehow the day of.

tect

Smash Journeyman
While I never got an exact address, my understanding of where Nick's place is in Ottawa is that it is very close to the venue, probably no more than 15 minutes round-trip. A more appropriate situation would involve Nick taking a city bus, or someone picking him up who lives in Ottawa.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
or someone who has a car could pick him up after dropping off the ppl in their car at the venue?

that's kind of funny, exams are done but you still can't go out and have fun? =/ usually that would be a GOOD explanation.

anyway, sounds like the car is james, jack, me, mike apparently (dunno if you pm'd james yet?), and however many spots are left. doesn't make sense to leave a spot open for nick driving to and from toronto so we can squish him in somehow the day of.
asian household; it's never the right time for gaming/travelling LOL

but ya mike's confirmed i'm pretty sure

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Mamoswine is ugly, it's like someone threw a bucket of clown paint and a Mr. Potatohead face onto a Piloswine.

Also, I recommend James car not meet me at the highway but like 5 blocks further down for the most sexual amazing poutine you'll ever have in your lives.

Top Bottom