• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

tect

Smash Journeyman
I feel as though there are more people who would be interested in a ride. I know that Omni needs one, even though it's from Kingston to Ottawa. There may be others who are unaccounted for as well.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Well, I'll go if more people need rides. The twins said they wanted to go, are they confirmed? If so there'd still be 2 more hypothetical spots left.

buenob

Smash Lord
Tell your BB players that in addition to the prize we have two AH3 DLC vouchers!! (lol not a huge sponsorship now, but as we grow I hope that will increase :))

Bing

Smash Master
2 things:
1. Farewell GTA, I moved today from Etobicoke to Fonthill though I do plan on coming back around, Im not done playing yet :p
2. I finally won my first set at the tournament. It was against Ch-Rona's **** Samus :)

idea

Smash Master
^^^shorioukin???^^^ idunno...

also, they should have this song on every karaoke machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigun

2 things:
1. Farewell GTA, I moved today from Etobicoke to Fonthill though I do plan on coming back around, Im not done playing yet :p
2. I finally won my first set at the tournament. It was against Bernard's girlfriend **** Samus. :)
nice. yeah, i've only played you like twice, come back sometime =P

Windrose

Smash Lord
What should I buy as a gift for someone outside of Canada? Something really canuck. It can't be something perishable so I can't buy maple syrup.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
you could always buy those bottles with "syrup" in it (i don't know what it actually is) but it looks like syrup and i think it can be like a keychain, but it doesn't spoil or anything

anything related to: maple leaf, beaver...

if it's a girl get her a beaver stuffie LOL unless it's awkward
if it's a dude... i don't know, i rarely shop for guys LOL

Windrose

Smash Lord
reminds me of that HIMYM episode where they have a bunch of sexual innuendos in the canadian show. "HEY ROBIN, HOW'S YOUR BEAVER? How much wood does robin's beaver need to eat if it wants to be full of wood for the whole weekend?" or something along those lines....

idea

Smash Master
What should I buy as a gift for someone outside of Canada? Something really canuck. It can't be something perishable so I can't buy maple syrup.
similar to something jack said: get her one of those stuffed bears. with like...a canadian flag...or something about lumberjacks...i see things along those lines all the time and they always look canadian.

or you could go downtown and take a picture at random, there would be like 12 ethnicities in it for sure =P

JPOBS

Smash Hero
being non-native to this country, i have to say, i don't get the whole syrup/beaver/lumberjack thing. Those things are not what I've expereinced here in this coutnry so I don't really get how/why they are cultural artifacts or represent "canucks"

something beer or hockey related would be more apt imo

Bing

Smash Master
No one understands that whole concept, it was something that we were raised with, despite the fact the like 70% of people have never seen a Beaver or a moose, in the wild that is. Maple Syrup is everywhere(Our is best though) and like, I dunno... ****s wack though XD

idea

Smash Master
beavers/moose/lumberjacks/maple syrup are older canadian symbols that aren't very relevant anymore. maybe they also make more sense in more rural areas outside of toronto.

but yeah, beer and hockey are kind of more canadian =P and tim hortons.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
What Kyle said.

Toronto is the most multicultural city in the world, practically. It's metropolitan, too.

Get them something hockey related?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i guess it comes with the turf of being a big country. all the symbolic stuff and souvenirs and junk that i could recommend for someone going to the bahamas is still a pretty relevent part of our life.

idea

Smash Master
did you know that honey, like, doesn't go bad ever? i heard they've found honey that was used as an adhesive in ancient egypt, and is still basically good today.

wikipedia agrees with me. it was crystallized...and you would just have to heat that back up again.

Windrose

Smash Lord
The other two cars:
When and where are you guys departing from for the ottawa tournament?

:phone:

Also, what are your plans for housing? I understand that pogogo's car is getting housed by nick but what about james's car?

idea

Smash Master
good question, james, when and where should i be for you to pick me up? is it too out of the way for you to come by my house? i could go to a subway station or something. don't really wanna bus outside toronto, though...

Top Bottom