• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
Oh man...with the *Pound* prize money fiasco...Europe will not be pleased. :(

This'll probably discourage them from coming to future tournaments...but that sucks mega hard.
lol, fiasco.

Also, I love how my name came up like more than 10 times in the previous page.

and I have to go at like 10 tmrw. Chilling with my buddy.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
The smash community is really ****ing stupid sometimes.

After the pound 5 payout debacle, people have had the idea of creating separate funds for the winners, and theres already funds for pp, m2k, armada, with more likely to pop up over the next few days.

Having separate funds is so stupid and illogical on so many levels, in terms of logistics and planning, that it makes my blood boil.

I've suggested in multiple threads to have one unifying fund, and split the donations in terms of payout percentages, but this gets lost among pages and pages of raging and trolling.

whatever, i don't know why i posted this here, i just wanted to vent. stupid community.

Gichan

Smash Champion

After the pound 5 payout debacle, people have had the idea of creating separate funds for the winners, and theres already funds for pp, m2k, armada, with more likely to pop up over the next few days.

Having separate funds is so stupid and illogical on so many levels, in terms of logistics and planning, that it makes my blood boil.

I've suggested in multiple threads to have one unifying fund, and split the donations in terms of payout percentages, but this gets lost among pages and pages of raging and trolling.

whatever, i don't know why i posted this here, i just wanted to vent. stupid community.
Yo homes, sorry to bug, but could you enlighten me about this pound 5 fiasco I hear about? Like what happened to payouts? Will they be getting it? And what does separate funds mean for winners? Isn't that the same **** as having a pot?

Gichan

Smash Champion
wow.......like......wow....I won't lie, just reading that was like reading a Donald Goines novel, it ****ing hurt. I can't imagine how ****ty that guy feels. But man, like those guys from europe, holy ****. Alrught I'll stop my post cause I'll just be swearing a thousand times more. And I thought I ****ed up hard at that york tourney for ssfiv...this is just ridiculous.

unknown522

Some guy

My thoughts exactly.

Don't worry, you're not the only one.

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
There wasn't going to be a Pound 6 in the first place.

This is unfortunate, and it's not entirely Plank's fault. Still, he was responsible for all the funding.

Plank overestimated the communities attendance and diligence.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
can anyone tell me what happened at SNES? i keep hearing about it being something similar (even before the pound 5 thread just now) but i've never heard it explicitly explained what happened.

also, following the pound thread is making me miss a lot of this lecture...
Very rough/possibly inaccurate scenerio: a group of smashers/TOs teamed up with some guy who was helping them fund the event and what not, little did they know he was a flat out criminal. He was a fraud, and nobody but Ally got their money from what I remember. Nate/Runawayfire went to that tournament I assume he'd know a better story to it.

All and all, it was fraud in manafailure proportions.

P.S - that tournament SNES hosted was an entire gaming convention and I think that guy that the smashers teamed up with was bull****ting his part and had the money all sent to his name and poof.

idea

Smash Master
i agree, jpobs. that is pretty dumb. and it's just going to end up being a popularity contest. and m2k is gonna be sad when PP gets more money than him and so on.

Very rough/possibly inaccurate scenerio: a group of smashers/TOs teamed up with some guy who was helping them fund the event and what not, little did they know he was a flat out criminal. He was a fraud, and nobody but Ally got their money from what I remember. Nate/Runawayfire went to that tournament I assume he'd know a better story to it.

All and all, it was fraud in manafailure proportions.

P.S - that tournament SNES hosted was an entire gaming convention and I think that guy that the smashers teamed up with was bull****ting his part and had the money all sent to his name and poof.
ohh, okay. lol that guy must have made a lot of enemies. why did ally get paid then?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
nah he didnt take the money, theres a thread he made showing his bank account statements getting bodied by th hotel lol

he used it to pay the venue

Windrose

Smash Lord
Noooo they cut my signature in half. Curse these smashboard limits!! All those efforts....

Sanu

Smash Champion
i'm incredibly depressed

i don't think a single one of you are even close to me

it all makes sense now

smash is a lie

a sick twisted promise that means nothing

sauc3

Smash Lord
so MAD (melee all day) is on april 23rd, and it looks to be pretty big, and right now megabus tickets from toronto to phily (where it is being held) are about 20-30$$ round trip, which is pretty amazing and it drives overnight and you get there about an hour and a half before (enough time for breakfast?), so you'd only need 1 nights housing/hotel, on the way back it leaves at 930 in the morning,

anyone interested?

also smash is not a lie,
it is not delicious and covered in icing and candles, therefore it has to be the truth

idea

Smash Master
i'm incredibly depressed

i don't think a single one of you are even close to me

it all makes sense now

smash is a lie

a sick twisted promise that means nothing
you know that's not true, stop being depressed.

also, i'm sorry, but it's kind of hilarious to see that combined with the my little pony avatar.

so MAD (melee all day) is on april 23rd, and it looks to be pretty big, and right now megabus tickets from toronto to phily (where it is being held) are about 20-30$$ round trip
interested, but...there must be some way to get there that doesn't involve having no sleep either day. people need to sleep, kurtis. it's the LAW.

edit:

MAD thread said:
People Coming

42. Plank

unknown522

Some guy
so MAD (melee all day) is on april 23rd, and it looks to be pretty big, and right now megabus tickets from toronto to phily (where it is being held) are about 20-30$$ round trip, which is pretty amazing and it drives overnight and you get there about an hour and a half before (enough time for breakfast?), so you'd only need 1 nights housing/hotel, on the way back it leaves at 930 in the morning,

anyone interested?

also smash is not a lie,
it is not delicious and covered in icing and candles, therefore it has to be the truth
buy a ticket for me, I can't find this stuff on megabus

sauc3

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296538

there's a tourney in syracuse this weekend, like 50+ entrants, someone
(ryan)
should go and take all their money, tickets are 100$ on megabus, which can be easily paid for if one
(ryan)
were to win.

even better, if someone has a car, we should fill it and totally crash it. best player is jesiahteg i think?

someone
(ryan)
could be missing out on an opportunity here.

unknown522

Some guy
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296538

there's a tourney in syracuse this weekend, like 50+ entrants, someone
(ryan)
should go and take all their money, tickets are 100$ on megabus, which can be easily paid for if one
(ryan)
were to win.

even better, if someone has a car, we should fill it and totally crash it. best player is jesiahteg i think?

someone
(ryan)
could be missing out on an opportunity here.
tempting, but I actually don't have $100. If someone wants to drive to that, then I'm down.

Also, I found the Philadelphia stuff. If we were to go on friday and leave monday it's $20 round trip. That's crazy

Top Bottom