• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Anth0ny

Smash Master
the rolling stones suggest that you can't always get what you want. so it's only a logical short hop away to conclude that you can sometimes get what you want. this is your time kurtis. play fox.

EDIT: is it possible to drive to genesis? lol
buffalo to san fran would be one crazy drive. google maps says the ride would take 1 day 18 hours :laugh:

and I was dying at the level 9 Ganon. toooooooooooo good

Windrose

Smash Lord
buffalo to san fran would be one crazy drive. google maps says the ride would take 1 day 18 hours :laugh:

and I was dying at the level 9 Ganon. toooooooooooo good

Crap. Do they still do that thing where they let humans travel as cargo in planes? lol.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
you wish son, my puff's def better than that, and it'll never happene again because i really, REALLY wanna main fox, but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIX0ZDqDljA#t=1m40s
f@g

David i told you a few months ago on msn that flutter hush was the future of spacie combos. my clairvoyance is unparalleled
i once u-throw fair fair u-smashed imadh at 100%+ in fox falco on fd

it was funny

we laughed

i lost the match

dair shine dair shine dair u-tilt f-smash suicide dair doesn't give a fucck about cool ****

just main fox then...
no he wants to make r3 pools

sauc3

Smash Lord
so i was watching tv and saw two cops hold a perp at gun point, and they told him to drop his weapon, and he did, and then quickly pulled another gun and tried to shoot. The one cop had exhaled and lost concentration during the gun drop but the other kept her guard, and reacted in time to kill the perp.

and I couldn't help but think how this is just like competitive melee, or, in my recent thought developments, competitive anything.

the second cop more or less predicted the perp would pull a gun after the drop, and because of that, was able to react faster when it actually happened, as opposed to predicting it was over then reacting to a situation you don't expect.

my epiphany, if it isn't clear, is...

its better to predict they are going to do something that's hard to react to then to predict the easier option then react to the unpredicted (while still giving respect to obvious predictable patterns).

this is one of those things a lot of people just take for granted when its obvious, but fail to apply it to potentially punishable situations.

i think i'm done rambling, i just really wanted to get that out. i even paused the show i was watching :p

idea

Smash Master

its better to predict they are going to do something that's hard to react to then to predict the easier option then react to the unpredicted (while still giving respect to obvious predictable patterns).
that's why we assume they'll tech in place =)

unknown522

Some guy
so i was watching tv and saw two cops hold a perp at gun point, and they told him to drop his weapon, and he did, and then quickly pulled another gun and tried to shoot. The one cop had exhaled and lost concentration during the gun drop but the other kept her guard, and reacted in time to kill the perp.

and I couldn't help but think how this is just like competitive melee, or, in my recent thought developments, competitive anything.

the second cop more or less predicted the perp would pull a gun after the drop, and because of that, was able to react faster when it actually happened, as opposed to predicting it was over then reacting to a situation you don't expect.

this is one of those things a lot of people just take for granted when its obvious, but fail to apply it to potentially punishable situations.

i think i'm done rambling, i just really wanted to get that out. i even paused the show i was watching :p
reaction time.

that is all.

Also, I beat Dracula in I wanna be the guy finally

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Anyone know of ay youtube channels or people that do good Let's Play videos?

the game's they play aren't super important, im open to lots of kind sof games as long as the commentary is funny/interesting.

Also, if anyone happens to know a good Lets Play of Portal, that would be amazing cuz i really wanna watch one (even though i've beat the game tons of times)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
no i don't

but i have watched them and I'm considering getting into speedruning/quickplays for portal 2

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
camilo and ryan are coming over today

if you want to come over call me or text me or leave a PM or something

i might not get back to you though 'cuz i suck at that

idea

Smash Master
bleh, thursday and fridays are the only days that are bad for me. well, and mondays, less so.

anyway, i found bernard's identical twin in this class.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Anyone that goes to guelph (jack), how does summer school semester work in uguelph? I heard the courses go through the entire summer from may to august?

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
lol calling me out eh? haha i'm jk just surprised you knew/remembered i went to uog

anyways ummm.. ya there's a FEW courses that are 6-weeks long tho i wouldn't advise taking those in heavy courseloads cuz they move twice as fast (standard is 12 weeks).

**they start early MAY and go into MID/LATE august depending on how pretty your exam schedule is

there's a LOTT of courses that are the standard 12 week format

-half of them are usually online

-half/most of them are in class

**i don't know what year/program you're in, so i'll just post links:

6weeks (i think they're all in class):
http://www.uoguelph.ca/registrar/summer/index.cfm?courses_ug_list6w

12 weeks in class:
http://www.uoguelph.ca/registrar/summer/index.cfm?courses_ug_list12w

distance ed (online, and i thinkkkkkkkkk most follow 12 week format):
http://www.uoguelph.ca/registrar/summer/index.cfm?courses_ug_listde

don't ask about equivalences/coursetransfers/credittransfers cuz that's beyond me lol you could just call registrar

also, to find a specific class/section go here (obv set term to "summer2011":
https://webadvisor.uoguelph.ca/WebA...NIDX=4072212289&SS=1&APP=ST&CONSTITUENCY=WBST

hope this helps...

Windrose

Smash Lord
ah ty, yeah alot of that was pretty useful information.

When is the soonest time to find out when the final exam is for a certain course in the summer? (12 weeks)

sauc3

Smash Lord
smash this weekend! in burlington,

steve, come play with meh! others are welcome too, if you dont know where, then you aren't welcome ....

to not ask me where it is. melee all dai son!

Rikana

Smash Champion
I've been so stressed out this week that I actually dreamed, 3 days in a row too, that I've failed high school and university.

stress2much.

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
Coffee Tier List

S TIER
Second Cup
Starbucks

A Tier
McDonalds
Williams
Country Style

B Tier
Coffee Time
Dunkin Donuts

F Tier
Tim Hortons

Windrose

Smash Lord
Lowest Tier of Ibuprofen:

S Tier (the s is for ****):
-advil extra strength 400 mg caplets, pain reliever/fever reducer

"Take 1 caplet every 4 hours as needed. Do not exceed 3 caplets in 24 hours..."
3x4 = 12....

Rikana

Smash Champion
It means take a capsule every 4 hours or so; doesn't need to be exactly 4 hours and only if needed but don't take more than 3 caplets within a 24 hour period.

I've been taking tylenol and **** all week. fml.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
isnt there also a tourny in MI on the 12th?

i also wont be going to the mi tourny on the 19th due to st patties day and friend's birthdays. and isnt nightmare hosting a tourny that same day?

Top Bottom