• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
jack, i hate to say it, but most of the 'nice and forgiving' players have been melee and most of the 'angry and wanting money' players have been brawl. i don't mean to reinforce stereotypes, but it's kind of a pretty clear dividing line in this case.

also i have photoshop anyway, got it from a friend recently. not that i'm ever gonna use it for anything interesting.
loooooooooooool i was trying to avoid it

but yes i totally agree LOLOL

peepee's forgiving and he came first, then there's adhd who placed who knows what and is ramming hard :laugh:

there's finally a mario sunshine TAS

might watch it later
oh dam really where? i'm interested. took them about a decade lol

i learned from the url that its a camel spider, checked it out on wikipedia:

so theres probably a leg on the backside thats just hidden from view in that picture

also these things are like the definition of nightmare fuel, ugh
lool nightmare fuel xD

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
The Super Mario Sunshine speedrun is so good. Loved this game when I was younger.

Dude slayed Petey Piranha.

idea

Smash Master
lol, interesting. i'd like more details but i'm not sure i need them anyway.

marion, little john, sheriff, robin hood

result:
You are essentially a contented person, even if you consider yourself a little superior. You are moral by your own standards, for you believe that morality is what best suits the occasion.

Men: You are sexually uninhibited, more romantic than you may appear, and more dependent on the approval of others than you care to admit.

that's more or less accurate =P

Divinokage

Smash Legend
http://www.talisman.org/quizzes/robin-hood-morality.shtml

everyone should take this

and post results

edit:
little john, marion, sheriff, robin

edit: mow on brawl diddy is pretty funny
I actually had the exact same results at you in the end when I thought about it for 10 mins. =)

Edit:
You too, believe that morality is another word for commonsense and suitability, and not something which is universally valid or a religious truth. Your feeling for security is strong, and you would rate reliability as one of your virtues.

Men: Your estimate of women as the inferior sex suggests that you are a little uncertain of them. rofl.

I always thinking about being someone strong and reliable. =P Which means the universal truth needs to be found. =P

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Robin hood test

little john, marion, sheriff, robin hood

You are the slightly romantic realist. You respect truth, and are broadminded and flexible. Whether you are a man or a woman you are probably a happy person. You like people and they can readily make friends with you. You are not very adventurous, but this does not bother you

everything is true except the last sentence.
I consider myself very adventurous

sauc3

Smash Lord
Mine is pretty win
Robin/Sherrif/Marion/John

We think you are unhappy, although you probably will not admit it. As a ruthless authoritarian you are as moral as it suits you and no more. You do not apply the same rules to men as you do to women.

this is a very depressing test, cuz i tried entering the other option i thought it could be and it still said i was unhappy

sauc3

Smash Lord
lolll...did you put it in reverse order by accident, kurtis?
the test was about morality and honesty, ya? no i def did it right, john is the least moral and most dishonest imo.

first he was sent to jail, which i'm not weighing too heavily but still has to be mentioned.
he never questioned why he got out of jail,
he took advantage of marion in her vulnerable state, and ran away with his friend's (or seemingly so) lover, which will benefit him for the rest of his life. How can he live with himself?

marion not only agreed to the terms of the sheriff, (which they are both are guilty of immorality), but she also lied to him about her love for robin to get them out of jail, since clearly she was not in love if she had sex with the sheriff, then ran off with john as soon as she couldn't have him, some wallowing era, ya?

the sheriff, although devious and evil in his plans, never mislead anyone, and was truethful, but also had bad morals.

robin also never lied to anyone, and was hesitant about being let out of jail, which shows some moral integrity. He was also immoral in that he abused marion for adultery, which, while still evil in his ways, was not as evil as the sheriff's actions.

they are all evil in their own way, but it mostly came down to honesty and whether or not they'd be able to live with themselves after their actions.

guess I'm just doomed to be unhappy.

idea

Smash Master
lol, but how? he like...didn't do anything. except
robin would probably be mad at him, but that's like 99% robin's fault for being an ******* and basically breaking up with marion.

sauc3

Smash Lord
lol, but how? he like...didn't do anything. except
robin would probably be mad at him, but that's like 99% robin's fault for being an ******* and basically breaking up with marion.
the test wasn;t about how much they did tho, it was morals and dishonesty
the truely moral thing to do was
to mend the relationship between robin and marion, if they were indeed lovers. it just seemed that jon had the hots for marion all along, and was waiting for a chance to play on her insecurity,

it seems like he;s out for himself, no?
on the surface it seems like he didnt do anything, but everything he didn't do makes him seem evil and dishonest.

idea

Smash Master
but
the part about 'promising lifelong' stuff makes it seem like john isn't just in it for sex, he actually cares about her...and he didn't do anything while she was with robin, but robin basically threw her away so yeah, whatever. robin might be mad cause it's too soon, and john should have waited longer in case they got back together or something, but still, he's only a little bit immoral/dishonest compared to the other two men.

and marion technically cheated on robin, but she only did it because she loved him THAT much. usually people cheat because they're interested in others,

i like your interpretation though, it didn't occur to me to think about people's potential unstated motives.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I don't think the stipulation that marion was "clearly not in love with robin if she had sex with the sheriff" is a true thing to say. Its entirely possible to have sex with someone and not be emotinally attached to that person. If anything, she was doing it for the greater good for her lovers freedom

And theres nothing immoral about marrying your friends lover AFTER he kicked her to the curb. He didn't steal her or cause the breakup. Therefore, its not his place to mend the relationship and thus there is no morality to be gained or lost by not doing so.

the sheriff and robin i couldnt decide between who had worst morals. Both of them are honest (sheriff kept his word, robin had nothing to be dishnest about.) BUT, he went to jail which means he must have done bad things. on top of that, he abused a woman for cheating on him (essentially), not just. Sheriff as just a scumbag who used marion for sex, the fact that he released a known convict for intercourse is pretty terrible lol

i agree with kyle too

unknown522

Some guy
lol

If you are not happy - and we suspect you are not - it maybe because you feel guilty about your own emotions, and lack confidence in your opinions.

Men: No doubt you consider yourself a moral man, and a fair one. Your fuzzy ideas about morality may make their mark on your sex life.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
lol ryan what was your order?

nick: I would definitely
let the bike get jacked. by both of em lol
also, its messed up the difference between the results when they used different people

sauc3

Smash Lord
ok so I think we agree that they all ****ed up, but we're supposed to be analyzing what each character thinks is right and wrong. Remember their morals are not their actions, and this is why i think robin has the best morals.

The main moral situation the characters were faced with was that Marion has sex with the Sheriff to free Robin and John. (there are others too, but this was the big one)

Robin thinks its unforgiveable for his love to have sex with the sheriff for his freedom.
Both the sheriff, Marion, and (indirectly) John thought it was ok for her to have sex for his freedom under the circumstances.

I'd have to side with robin on this one, I think he has the best morals when looking at purely good and evil, and he's also the most honest.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
while i agree that it was a case study on what each character thought was right or wrong, i don't see how Robin thinking it was "right" to beat up his lover makes him the least immoral. I mean, its implicit in the act of doing it that he thought it was ok, or else he wouldnt have done it.

John's only sin was that he didn't repremand marion for doing it. that > pimp slappin da hoe.

sauc3

Smash Lord
while i agree that it was a case study on what each character thought was right or wrong, i don't see how Robin thinking it was "right" to beat up his lover makes him the least immoral. I mean, its implicit in the act of doing it that he thought it was ok, or else he wouldnt have done it.

John's only sin was that he didn't repremand marion for doing it. that > pimp slappin da hoe.
pimp slappin dat ho! lol

it said he abused her, there are 3 types of abuse, i assumed it was verbal abuse, since that was what the rest of the sentence was about. who knows tho. id have to agree if that were the case.

Geist

Smash Master
I think I've seen that robin hood test before somewhere.

Anyways:
Marion, Little John, Robin Hood, Sheriff

"We would expect you to be a happy, well-balanced person who likes people and is liked by others. You question whether many conventional views on morality are valid under all circumstances.

Men: Do we detect a sense of chivalry and idealism under the sophistication?"

Mostly right, but I don't like people or chivalry.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
ok marvel vs DC

you can't use badguys (so no dr doom and no pheonix) but there powers can be taken as literally/maximally as you want.

so for example, if flash punched you, you'd probably explode (force = mass x acceleration)

who would win?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Marvel vs. D.C. topic eventually becomes:

The One Above All vs. The Presence

And it's a stalemate

They're both omnipotent

So, stalemate forever

/I'm-no-fun

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Yea but Geist their own powers never hurt themselves. Otherwise, flash as character wouldn't exist to begin with because the the g-forces his body would be submitted to while running would tear him apart. they're obviously immune to thier own skills lol

david you're lame.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Yeah. The bad characters are like: Pikachu, Samus, Doc, Mario, Ganon, Mewtwo, Yoshi, Link, and Zelda. Not ordered. Some gaps are between the characters. Nobody plays anyone omitted from this list (excluding the top tiers and high tiers) so I sort of ignore their existence.

Young Link isn't a real character, he's just a secondary. So he's only relevant if you play Peach, Jigglypuff, or Ice Climbers.

Top Bottom