• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
alright so,

anyone who has a credit card

and is willing to pay for 4 tickets to MAD

(and immediately be paid back in cash)

please post saying so.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Yeah. The bad characters are like: Pikachu, Samus, Doc, Mario, Ganon, Mewtwo, Yoshi, Link, and Zelda. Not ordered. Some gaps are between the characters. Nobody plays anyone omitted from this list (excluding the top tiers and high tiers) so I sort of ignore their existence.

Young Link isn't a real character, he's just a secondary. So he's only relevant if you play Peach, Jigglypuff, or Ice Climbers.
how is axe so successful then? x)

idea

Smash Master
just occurred to me, i might as well plug this:

http://www.pixlbit.com/

so the other day i asked google for an article on how to play donkey kong country returns with other controllers (i knew it was possible, just wanted a guide or something). the first one i clicked was for this site. as i'm reading it, on the bar on the left i see something that says "now hiring."

so i was like...hmm...this would be an awesome job, just writing reviews for video games and stuff. turns out it wasn't actually hiring, really, they just needed more writers (for free). but uh, basically i thought, why not...applied...and now i'm a writer/editor there. although this was only about a week ago, so i haven't actually done anything yet.

but it's still really good, because i could see myself doing that as a legit job someday, writing combined with video games. and if i do come across anything similar, i can put this on my resume and say, i've basically been doing this already, you should hire me.

also i assume i'll enjoy it. the best part, though, is that if i sign up to review a game, they send it to me for free. well, once i pay the shipping. the guy in charge just has a lot of connections with people, so he gets review copies of games a lot of the time before they come out. and i get to keep them afterward =D

i'm also intending to buy a psp later today off craigslist so i can review psp games too. and since i've wanted one for a while anyway. and since it's a good deal.

i'm definitely not saying to go email them yourself and say "i want free games too lol"...that would just hurt my credibility =/ i just figured, someone here might want to read something there, so i might as well mention it.

----------------

also i see imadh reading the thread, where have you been?!

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
They have distinctive, albeit different, playstyles over there. That Fox hardly ever shined, or gimped. Instead he was focused on aerials and getting Falcon airborne.

Is that the same MachDash from MLG days? And about Green Greens, I could see it being counterpick. The bombs fall on a set timer, right?

*Edit* I'm interested in coming for Friday.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
The smash community is really ****ing stupid sometimes.

After the pound 5 payout debacle, people have had the idea of creating separate funds for the winners, and theres already funds for pp, m2k, armada, with more likely to pop up over the next few days.

Having separate funds is so stupid and illogical on so many levels, in terms of logistics and planning, that it makes my blood boil.

I've suggested in multiple threads to have one unifying fund, and split the donations in terms of payout percentages, but this gets lost among pages and pages of raging and trolling.

whatever, i don't know why i posted this here, i just wanted to vent. stupid community.
I just popped in and I'm not sure I understand completely.
I read the post plank made about turnout and stuff, but could you elaborate?

How have people been doing payouts lately?
What do you mean "creating separate funds for winners" and what does it have to do with pp, m2k, and armada?
What do you mean one unifying fund?

The last I understood how payouts worked was everyone pays a certain amount of money to enter the tournament and then sometimes a separate amount of money to help pay for the venue. Wouldn't this mean there's already a separate fund for the winners?

Do you mean combining venue fee with entry fee and then allocating the remainder of the money used to pay for the venue to the winners?

I haven't kept up with anything so I don't understand what's happening.

By the way, hi everyone.

Also, I picked
jmsr
for the morality test thing.

Morality test popularity
jmrs - 17%
mjrs - 13%
jmsr - 12%
mjsr - 10%
jrms - 06%
rjms - 04%
Rest - 03~01%

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
Plank used the pot and venue fee together to pay off hotel charges.

People are accumulating funds through a universal account, and then paying out designated winners a percentage, based on what they reap.

Plank is also getting money from hosting charity tournaments, where venue is used to pay off winners from Pound 5.

If I'm not mistaken. Also, long time no see.

unknown522

Some guy

idea

Smash Master
Anybody want to come by friday for smash? 8 person cap, first come first serve
can't, essays. otherwise i would.

Is that the same MachDash from MLG days? And about Green Greens, I could see it being counterpick. The bombs fall on a set timer, right?
yeah. and...my guess is that the japanese melee community is small enough that they don't bother to re-evaluate counterpicks and such.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
looooooooooooooool green green memories

i think one of the VERY first times i've ever played kyle i went green greens, he threw an apple and i shined it back and the crowd yelled apple jacks :laugh:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I just popped in and I'm not sure I understand completely.
I read the post plank made about turnout and stuff, but could you elaborate?

How have people been doing payouts lately?
What do you mean "creating separate funds for winners" and what does it have to do with pp, m2k, and armada?
What do you mean one unifying fund?

The last I understood how payouts worked was everyone pays a certain amount of money to enter the tournament and then sometimes a separate amount of money to help pay for the venue. Wouldn't this mean there's already a separate fund for the winners?

Do you mean combining venue fee with entry fee and then allocating the remainder of the money used to pay for the venue to the winners?

I haven't kept up with anything so I don't understand what's happening.

By the way, hi everyone.

Also, I picked
jmsr
for the morality test thing.

Morality test popularity
jmrs - 17%
mjrs - 13%
jmsr - 12%
mjsr - 10%
jrms - 06%
rjms - 04%
Rest - 03~01%
plank used the money from pound 5 to pay the hotel, the winners didnt get anything at all. the community was raging

so the community had the not-so-bright idea of trying to help pay winners by creating a seperate paypal fund for each of them.

now there is a unifying fund created by an admin so its ok i guess.

idea

Smash Master
looooooooooooooool green green memories

i think one of the VERY first times i've ever played kyle i went green greens, he threw an apple and i shined it back and the crowd yelled apple jacks :laugh:
lol, i still remembered that. the apple killed me.

why does everyone think robin has the worst morals, i feel like im taking crazy pills, it's all one look!
first he got put in jail--not necessarily a big deal since the sheriff is a sneaky guy, but he was probably doing something at least a little suspicious. i mean, it DOES say to ignore your preconceptions about these characters, so as far as we know the sheriff is just doing his job and robin is actually doing something worth being arrested for.

then when marion gets him released, he basically says "**** you," gets mad at her and goes off on his own.

even if it's just verbal abuse he's still an *******. but, yeah, i did assume physical abuse. it would have been easy to say "and then robin yelled at her" but they specifically said "abuse" which could be taken either way, and just sounds more severe.

it's still possible that robin isn't a bad guy; maybe he was just caught giving money to poor people, arrested, and then overreacted to marion. but that's assuming a whole bunch of stuff. if i'm allowed to imagine that far beyond the story then i can imagine lots of other things that change how you see the other characters too.

sauc3

Smash Lord
ya I'd agree his morals aren't very good in general, but certainly better than the people who thought it was fine to use sex as a bargaining tool. (marion and the sheriff at least)

actions speak louder than words, ya?

however if he did beat her I'd definitely have to revamp my order.

idea

Smash Master
well yeah, but it's not like she liked it =/ i got the impression that she was only doing that because she loved robin, not because she wanted to; and that he failed to understand that.

Ministry

Smash Ace
why are u guys trying to prove your point of veiw to each other just take the test and post your results.

Top Bottom