• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Sanu

Smash Champion
YEAH! what did they do to that thing? even rpgs make my thumb hurt after a little while. it was hard to play dragon warrior IV for several consecutive hours.
Same here, I'd always have to stop playing for a while. It was such a piss off and I always blamed it on the DS being too small.

Santana: Stos and Desh are good to come then? I'll most likely be driving them. Don't cut out Adnan!!

speaking of ds's...

so i wanna scam best buy

Help:

I bought a new Cobalt blue ds about 2 weeks ago, and I still have packaging / receipt. I also still have my old white one you guys used to see me play 394023094 hours a day

What I want to do is go to best buy, Return the cobalt for a brand new white one. Open the new white one, slip my old white one back inside, and return it for a black one, so then i'll have 2 brand new ds's. Think this is doable?
Yes... except one word of warning: Walmarts in the US have started selling electronics by their serial numbers or whatever, so if you return an old RROD XBOX 360 in a new package, they may find out. The thing is, I'm not sure if this system has been implemented into any of Canada's retail outlets yet.

I doubt it though, you should be good to go ;)

Desh

Smash Ace
yeah its do-able, as long as you're old one isnt in horrible condition and it isnt obvious its been used =p.
you sir, are a tricky one. XD

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Clearly I am pro then because I never have problems playing Pokemon on Ryan's DS.

Either that or I'm so conditioned to the pain of arthritis, adding more doesn't hurt any longer.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Could Santana extend to thursday?! I wanna come but COT4 is this weekend :(
Oh, I didn't realize you were going to COT4 Niko. Sadly, most people can't make it on Thursday so Santa canceled for that day. If you're busy on the weekend, don't worry about it ;p

And David: I dunno, you have tiny girl hands or something. Or perhaps you've jerked it long enough that you've built up an immunity to the DS-itis. Maybe.

****, I wish I was as funny as I'd like to be. I'm lame, lol. =/

Sanu

Smash Champion
Oh my god David, I think I love you.

Edit: Oh my GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, I'm so bored. I'm like organizing, editing and reposting stuff in different places based upon organizational standards that don't make sense.

My boss isn't here today, so I have 0 work to do at all. It's kind of mind numbing.

D

Deleted member

josh what kind of trouble would i get into if they somehow figured i was jerkin them around?

i could just blame it on my mischievous brother or something?

Sanu

Smash Champion
josh what kind of trouble would i get into if they somehow figured i was jerkin them around?

i could just blame it on my mischievous brother or something?
You can plead innocence and ignorance, nothing would happen. Canada's legal system is a joke. Just be sure to clean the actual DS to make it look as new as possible, since they WILL be looking at the product before they accept it.

They most likely won't open it to look at the screens though, but that's really up to the person behind the counter. It's a much safer scam with things like consoles that don't have easily identifiable markings. I.e, if your 360 red rings, how the **** would they be able to test that at Best Buy? That sort of thing.

But just to let you know, this scam has been known to work at Best Buy, so it's up to you lol. Let us know of the results!

Sanu

Smash Champion
Of what, the scam? o_o He's buying a new white DS from best buy and switching the new DS with his old, then returning it.

New DS for free, voila~! It works with most electronics.

Another fun scam: Wal Mart will take back mostly anythingthat is already opened without a receipt.

idea

Smash Master
speaking of ds's...

so i wanna scam best buy

Help:

I bought a new Cobalt blue ds about 2 weeks ago, and I still have packaging / receipt. I also still have my old white one you guys used to see me play 394023094 hours a day

What I want to do is go to best buy, Return the cobalt for a brand new white one. Open the new white one, slip my old white one back inside, and return it for a black one, so then i'll have 2 brand new ds's. Think this is doable? like, scarlet johannsen doable?
that would probably work. haha, one time when i still worked at rogers video...on my last day actually...one of the guys there shrink-wrapped a game someone else had used so they could return it as if it were new. pretty slick. this was cause he was the brother of the guy who worked at the pizza hut next door though, who always would trade pizza for free movie rentals...which we're told explicitly not to do during training.

but yeah, i think that ds thing would work. if you're really skeptical, wait and come back when the person at the returns counter looks really tired or laid-back.

oh yeah, i forgot to comment on the moral side of it =P if you return it within 2 weeks or whatever, would it be sold as new? or used? if used then there is no moral downside since that's the risk one takes for buying used things anyway.

Oh my god David, I think I love you.

Edit: Oh my GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD, I'm so bored. I'm like organizing, editing and reposting stuff in different places based upon organizational standards that don't make sense.

My boss isn't here today, so I have 0 work to do at all. It's kind of mind numbing.
another work story...whenever my boss wasn't there we'd put on music instead of the rogers movie ads. if it weren't for that i probably wouldn't have started liking radiohead for much longer.

looking forward to friday...i might try playing campy for a while to get a feel for it. i mean, i think i play too aggressively, so to counteract that i'll play campy for a little while till it evens out. most likely i'll get bored of waiting too quickly though. i should really just pick up fox or something.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Could Santana extend to thursday?! I wanna come but COT4 is this weekend :(
Yea it was Thursday... too many cancellations, though. Next time my parents go away (which is like every other week) I'll try and do something.

Can you put emulators/roms on it?

Why am I not on this list? I said I was coming for Friday.
Mah bad, I got you, no worriez.

^ Self explanatory.
lulz

EDIT: Does anyone know where I could find Penny Racers for the N64? Or anywhere there's old N64 games? I don't trust Amazon, but I might get desperate since it's only 10 bucks including tax and shipping. I don't think the AC Games store downtown has it. Help?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
lol @ drama.

ugh

Santana i dont know what im doing serisouly lmfao. i'll try to get things straight before like tomorrow night.

Sanu

Smash Champion
^

lolwut? I WILL NOT HAVE THESE DEMONS IN MY HEARING TUBE. EVERYONE, COVER YOUR EARS!

*Megabyte proceeds to do a guitar solo and Bob guitar duals with him*

"Happy birthday Enzo... eheh, I've always wanted to do that"

THE END

Desh

Smash Ace
lol @ drama.

ugh

Santana i dont know what im doing serisouly lmfao. i'll try to get things straight before like tomorrow night.
lol we should just accept josh's offer :chuckle:
i mean, if he picks us up at 9 and get there at 10, we can smash till like, whenever we sleep.
we can smash at ur place after julians, =D

only time of smash we'd miss is being in a car :chuckle:
but im down for w.e
i just wanna see everyone XD

idea

Smash Master
i wonder - if i had people over on thursday evening, would anyone come? i'm not offering yet, i'm just thinking about whether or not this would make it easier to include everyone in some sort of smash event. i know niko wanted something thursday, and i dunno if that'd be better for stos and desh or not...yeah, i just don't know, so i'm asking.

either way, everyone go to julian's.

Sanu

Smash Champion
i wonder - if i had people over on thursday evening, would anyone come? i'm not offering yet, i'm just thinking about whether or not this would make it easier to include everyone in some sort of smash event. i know niko wanted something thursday, and i dunno if that'd be better for stos and desh or not...yeah, i just don't know, so i'm asking.

either way, everyone go to julian's.
I'd probably come by just to play Brawl+ for a bit

hey josh, i might go with chris to stos' place so could i get in on that ride if it happens? =D
also santana, can i on that list?
Yeah, foshizzle!

Desh

Smash Ace
me and stos and andy are staying at stos's cuz he cant make it,
i cant come to anything on thurs cuz i have school friday :chuckle:
next time =D

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
me and stos and andy are staying at stos's cuz he cant make it,
i cant come to anything on thurs cuz i have school friday :chuckle:
next time =D
yeah
sorry about that julian :(:(:(

but yeah merverse and peterx said they were coming over my house so ..
but anything can change.

also Kyle i could try to go thursday depending if I have a lot of homework cause like now im really ****ed for my subjects.

i have english, math (i get homework like everyday), biology and film arts.. so yeah right now school>life for me :(:(

Desh

Smash Ace
soft , my courses are
religion (teacher doesnt 'believe' in giving homework, when she said it, she actually put emphasis on the word believe, the ****ing freak.)
math (soft)
com tech , lolol
and media studies, lololo

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
so who wants to go to Mass Madness?!

its the weekend after Wugwan Breda (the 28th) and is for Melee. So far Niko and I are down.

PC, Kdj, Cactus, Jman, darc, dazwa, pakeyman etc etc etc are going. Basically its the Tristate players that we haven't got a chance to face yet.

Niko told me its 185$ round trip by greyhound. 11 hour ride. We did Georgia, so this **** is doable as well. Its a great chance for all the peeps in our community that haven't travelled to GET ***** SON (in america).

Alternatively, people willing to drive would be cool. Its too far for me to do by myself, and I'm trying to get this all planned early.

D

Deleted member

nah nah nah i needed a new ds anyways, but i'm stuck with this piece of garbage DS that has broken L / R buttons.

I needed a new one. lol i just started playing chrono trigger and realized that i couldn't have gone past the protodome without the L / R buttons (you need to press them together to open a switch)

But yeah - this is my plan

1. I enter Best Buy with my new blue DS - which I love and do not regret buying

2. Tell the Cashier I bought it as a gift for my brother's birthday and he actually wanted a white one

3. Get white DS (new)

4. Come back the next day with my old white ds in the new white ds box and say my brother actually wanted a black one

5. ???

6. I will then have a brand new white DS and a brand new black DS

worldjem7

Smash Ace
^ Self explanatory.
Don't be an asshat Lawlb0t.
Yeah, really. What's with all the hate? I've seen it a lot from you directed at me.

EDIT: Does anyone know where I could find Penny Racers for the N64? Or anywhere there's old N64 games? I don't trust Amazon, but I might get desperate since it's only 10 bucks including tax and shipping. I don't think the AC Games store downtown has it. Help?
I actually just came from there because when Afro posted the link I had to see this for myself. They have a HUGE selection of old games and consoles like Neo Geo and NES. They also have Japanese imports galore, including all three Mother games.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had Penny Racers there, and if they don't you can give them your name and phone number and they'll call you if they get it.

Desh

Smash Ace
at bernies proposition:
sounds gay,
im down.
i just need moniez.

edit: and if i cant make it say hi to darc and jman for me, and tec0 and vanz if they go O_o, and grillz.
yeah def grillz, hes the big black man who plays sheik =]4

KK!?
kk.

but im pretty sure i can go if i get some moar moniez.
(and i dont fail any courses, getting my marks tomorrow T.T )

Santana

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I'll go, time/money constraints.

Kyle, if you do a small thing tomorrow, I could drive over. Then if it's cool, you can have people crash? Cause then I could take a car-full up to my place on Friday, like Sots/Desh/etc. that can't come anyways? But I think you have school Friday so this won't work <_< And I don't even know if I can stay over Thursday.

EDIT: Chris, I actually saw that guy's YouTube vids that he speaks of in that video. It was amazing what he did, and even more amazing how he's being recognized for it. Especially liked the glasses.

Top Bottom