• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
mike - i'm still a maybe for tomorrow, cause i foresee myself being too tired to go tomorrow morning. but hopefully i will not be. i'll get back to you on that sometime soon.

in other news,

york is still on strike. the university proposed a specific set of changes to the union and asked them to vote on them. all 3 sections of teaching-related-people in the union voted against it. so we're definitely still on strike. probably for a while longer if so many union members still want different things.

That's mine, I was wondering where it went. I have a few spares lying around at home, so it's not urgent that I get it back, I can just grab it at the next fest. Thanks a lot for finding it though, I owe you one.

Many historians theorize that Kennedy was assassinated because he wanted to pull out of Vietnam, but supposedly his Vice President promised the U.S. government that he "would give them their war" no matter what. It's well known that the FBI covered up evidence that would prove there were two shooters; the official story is that there was one, but apparently for that to be true, the bullet would have to have turned at a right angle to hit him, or something like that.

So what does that mean for Obama? I think that if he tries to take the Bush administration to task for all the illegal **** they did, they would kill him, pass it off as a terrorist attack, then invade Iran or Syria.
heh, i wrote a long response to this, but never actually clicked send and then accidentally closed chrome. i'll hold onto it till i see you again. which definitely won't be at those wednesday york gatherings anytime soon (see above).

in high school, there were a few teachers who were kind of closely related to me and the rest of the students in the same program (which was called "TOPS"...kind of like a public private school thing that doesn't officially cost more...except it was only 60 people per grade and the school itself was pretty bad). so there were a few teachers that taught different subjects to us over the years and you get to know them pretty well. they're also way smarter than most teachers.

so anyway, the one of them had a sort of tradition where for one day in his physics class he would spend the whole period talking about the jfk assassination. and he seemed to have really done his research. i don't remember all of it, but he made a pretty convincing case for it being a coverup and lee harvey oswald not being the shooter. on top of the impossible bullet angle thing, oswald also would have had to shoot kennedy, then run down many storeys in the building to get a soda on the ground floor without being out of breath at all, in something like 50 seconds.

as for obama...i won't bother speculating there cause i have no idea what i'm talking about. hopefully he just doesn't up and say, "we're leaving iraq tomorrow, and giving them back all the oil. and our beer. we don't really need all that beer, right guys?"

(what has he said about getting out of iraq yet?)

oh, i saw a terrible statistic somewhere. i believe it said, 70% of american soldiers believe they are in iraq fighting for revenge for 9/11.

I do as of last month. Been practicing his gay combos at home.

Can't go, I have work.

This makes me want to talk about something that happened to me today:

I have this friend that lives in Florida, and he is super conservative. He thinks Obama is a liar and that Palin is an amazing woman and that McCain is smart etc etc.

Half the reason is because he knows this girl that can't have children; so he's hating on Obama's decision regarding the FOCA Act, the other half is because he thinks Obama is spending too much time on the economy.

He feels that the experience McCain can bring to the table destroys anything else Obama has, and that the "empty words he spews of change can't be trusted".

-_-

All you need is common sense to figure out that McCain is a complete and utter idiot. His presidential agenda gives the word redundancy a new meaning.

****ing Americans. :psycho:
i always find it weird when americans make distinctions like "liberals are ______." not saying you did that, it just reminded me of it. most of the people who aren't conservative are liberal, so if you say something about one side entirely, you're now claiming to understand the thoughts and beliefs of over 100 million people. it's just so much easier to talk that way, but the categorizing of huge groups of people that way really bothers me. it's similar to racism. and americans aren't the only ones to organize people into categories like this, but it sure seems to happen with them more often than others.

holy crap, long post.

unknown522

Some guy
lol. I remember when you were like "how do you do that?". Then we stopped in a match at Kio's house, and you tried to grab me out of sidestep spam, and kept failing, then every time I did it, I'd get it.

good times

idea

Smash Master
yeah, sorry mike, definitely not coming tomorrow. i now have the additional reason of being home to let taffy and quest outside, since my mom isn't gonna be home at lunch like she usually is. i'll come to something else in the future.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
More then nam. Cuban missile crisis, and he didn't share the same ideas as the elite about suppression of the people, and information.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Wow, really insightful posts from Kyle and Bernie, I feel better off having read them. I'm glad that my post wasn't ignored, some sexy discussion going on. I don't think that Obama will be assassinated and I certainly hope it will never happen. I just find it disheartening to know that he'd be putting his neck on the line if he really wanted to revise American politics and right the wrongs of the past.

*story about physics teacher and JFK assassination*
That's crazy, I didn't know about that, I really need to look into this again. I remember watching a documentary that discussed conspiracy theories about the JFK assassination. How the CIA used an experimental form of LSD as part of a top secret "MK (lol) Ultra" mind control program to coerce Oswald into doing it. That's why he had no recollection of the shooting (not sure of that now), and where the famous line "I'm just a patsy" came from.

(what has he said about getting out of iraq yet?)
He wants to stay, and he wants to re-focus the US' role in Afghanistan, de-militarizing the mission and focusing on peace keeping.

oh, i saw a terrible statistic somewhere. i believe it said, 70% of american soldiers believe they are in iraq fighting for revenge for 9/11.
That's so unbelievably ****ed up; that's the power of propaganda. How old is this statistic though? If this poll was taken in like 2002, fine, I'll forgive them, but anything after that would be inexcusable. **** Cheney's first words upon hearing that the twin towers were hit were "find a way to link it to Saddam Hussein." When they couldn't, just made one up :laugh:. God ****.

*paragraph about unfair generalizations*
Well put.

All you need is common sense to figure out that McCain is a complete and utter idiot. His presidential agenda gives the word redundancy a new meaning. (i.e.: Bush bush bush bush)
Exactly. In his time as a senator, McCain voted in line with Bush on acts and bills and whatnot 91% of the time. He's basically Bush light. If he hadn't picked Sarah Palin as his VP candidate, and if he wasn't around 250 - 300 years old, he would have won. That's scary as hell.

EDIT: LONG POST IS LONG, made it shorter.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I should look up the JFK Assassination too. I'm still laughing about the zeitgeist/loose change stuff.

If you're into that kind of stuff, I can recommend two REALLY REALLY good documentaries for you guys to watch. Mike (Euro) first told me about them. ****...they are so good. haha

1. Jesus Camp

2. The Corporation

edit: **** those Hawaiian make Brawl look really really really fun to play. I'm picking it up now. : )

idea

Smash Master
How the CIA used an experimental form of LSD as part of a top secret "MK (lol) Ultra" mind control program to coerce Oswald into doing it. That's why he had no recollection of the shooting (not sure of that now), and where the famous line "I'm just a patsy" came from.
I also remember reading that at one point the CIA was testing how lsd worked, so they would slip it into each other's coffee arbitrarily and observe any effects. :p

He wants to stay, and he wants to re-focus the US' role in Afghanistan, de-militarizing the mission and focusing on peace keeping.
that sounds pretty good. i hope that's what we're doing in afghanistan too. is canada still technically at war?

How old is this statistic though? If this poll was taken in like 2002, fine, I'll forgive them, but anything after that would be inexcusable. **** Cheney's first words upon hearing that the twin towers were hit were "find a way to link it to Saddam Hussein."
good point, i don't know how old it is. where'd you hear about those being his first words?

I should look up the JFK Assassination too. I'm still laughing about the zeitgeist/loose change stuff.

If you're into that kind of stuff, I can recommend two REALLY REALLY good documentaries for you guys to watch. Mike (Euro) first told me about them. ****...they are so good. haha

1. Jesus Camp

2. The Corporation

edit: **** those Hawaiian make Brawl look really really really fun to play. I'm picking it up now. : )
mm those seemed really convincing at first (zeitgeist/loose change). it's amazing how false and poorly supported arguments can seem so sensible to us. i think a lot of it comes from trust, though. i just trusted loose change on getting their facts straight. but i trust popular mechanics more (thanks jake). you do have to trust someone...it's just hard to choose who. college students who get their information from the internet are not a good choice.

the corporation seemed pretty good. assuming they are right and accurate, it's very interesting. and it does seem to ring of truth to me.

jesus camp i haven't seen. what's it about?

B_Mak

Smash Cadet
lol is it true you told bam "montrealers are only good on FD"?

:laugh: :laugh:
lmao!! i remember bernie saying all they do is PLAY on FD....and then they said no and someone was like" yeah! i bet you guys practice on fd all DAI! "....it was lulz but yeah...seems like they run **** on FD.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I hate FD vs space animals with Sheik. And vs ICs.

Beyond those 3 though it's ridiculously awesome and should be used against me. I promise I won't chain grab. Or super camp.

*crosses fingers*

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Their strategy on FD was:

Vwins super camps on ledge or one of FD's sides,

Bam runs at you with the power of Quebec and ***** your face in. When we try to run from Bam or space ourselves, Vwins spams dsmash with either Sheik, Peach, Luigi or Samus.

:psycho:

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Someone told me that Germ doesnt main Link anymore and in my head Im like "Wtf"
someone from Kyles fest.

beware of this video. supereme camping.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QqiiqGMNb2g
I think I said "Germ can't play Link, he's trying to main Falco."

People that know about pokemon:

I almost threw my DS. I was training my azelf in the elite 4 in diamond, and then quagsire got ****ing 5 protects IN A ROW trying to stall me with sandstorm.
Should've Toxic'd your *** first. Elite Four have scrub movesets.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6415528&postcount=126

Never before have I had the urge to cry, scream, vomit, laugh uncontrollably, and applaude at the same time.

Good **** SoCal.

Good ****.
Where have I seen that before? I don't think that's the original posting of that.

Top Bottom