• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Lovegety, in Commerce Gate.

Apparently it's packed Friday and Saturday nights, all the pros come out of the woodwork to wreck ****. There's going to be a tournament hosted there this August. There's also going to be a DOTA tournament soon, at the cyber cafe next door :laugh:.

Edit: Paul, I'm going to report your avatar as a violation of the rules :bee:.
I actually dropped my friend off at a tournament there. He's not good, but wanted to see the pros play. Looks like an awesome place to wreck ****.

lets have one the week exams finsh :D
Is that like... the last week of January?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Bernard, who do you play in 3S? And how well do you place in those tournies?
I've been playing 3S for about 4 years. Went to tournies starting in 07

I play Ken in tournament.

In casuals: Makoto, Dudley, Alex, Yun, Sean, Ryu, Chun, and I want to learn Ibuki.

At T9 our crew knocked the 2nd place finishers into losers. The Makoto on our crew OCVed an entire crew as well. It consisted of JS Master, the tourny host (who happens to be 2nd or 3rd in GG in the city), and some other random guy. We placed 7th out of 21 (?) in the 3 man crew tourny.

T8 I placed 17th in singles. (out of 60 something)
T9 I placed 13th in singles. (out of 60 something)

Jwong ***** T8.

Samir ***** T9.

From the Genesis thread, early candidate for post of the year.
I'm saving this in a word document for when I stop using my sig. lol

idea

Smash Master
Its inauguration day!

cnn.com/live if you're too lazy to watch it on T.V. Swearing in begins at 11:30. History in the making.
i remembered, but didn't bother to wake up early enough =P

is any of it on youtube yet?

edit: i forgot, at the last smashfest, someone left a grey GC memory card here with an animal crossing sticker on it. anyone know whose this is?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love Brawl, but unless you're playing against really good people, it's insanely boring. When you play against nub's, it's just a dumb rolling and smash attack fest, but when you actually play against good people, it's intense, edge-of-your-seat action.

Although camping is gay, it exists in every game, and in every game there are also ways to get around it.
qft

I think this is the best Brawl match I've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwconAONjxE&feature=channel_page

Melee-style edge guarding and a shine spike, plus Gimpyfish.
meh, that fox was really bad, no combos, no set ups, bad recovery. Sorry, I have like one of the best foxes around in brawl so I'm biased. didn't even cancel his sh fairs :/
LOL and she looks tight, nice split
sweetspot + weak hit -> double sweetspot = 3.5 knees in one second.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
edit: i forgot, at the last smashfest, someone left a grey GC memory card here with an animal crossing sticker on it. anyone know whose this is?
That's mine, I was wondering where it went. I have a few spares lying around at home, so it's not urgent that I get it back, I can just grab it at the next fest. Thanks a lot for finding it though, I owe you one.

Many historians theorize that Kennedy was assassinated because he wanted to pull out of Vietnam, but supposedly his Vice President promised the U.S. government that he "would give them their war" no matter what. It's well known that the FBI covered up evidence that would prove there were two shooters; the official story is that there was one, but apparently for that to be true, the bullet would have to have turned at a right angle to hit him, or something like that.

So what does that mean for Obama? I think that if he tries to take the Bush administration to task for all the illegal **** they did, they would kill him, pass it off as a terrorist attack, then invade Iran or Syria.

unknown522

Some guy
People that know about pokemon:

I almost threw my DS. I was training my azelf in the elite 4 in diamond, and then quagsire got ****ing 5 protects IN A ROW trying to stall me with sandstorm.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
alright.

also:
you don't play yun
I do as of last month. Been practicing his gay combos at home.

I love denjin ryu.
what time?

and...isn't bernard going too?

wow, the guy who does the voice of samurai jack was also marvin in pulp fiction. (i'm pretty sure that's the black guy who keeps saying 'what')
Can't go, I have work.

That's mine, I was wondering where it went. I have a few spares lying around at home, so it's not urgent that I get it back, I can just grab it at the next fest. Thanks a lot for finding it though, I owe you one.

Many historians theorize that Kennedy was assassinated because he wanted to pull out of Vietnam, but supposedly his Vice President promised the U.S. government that he "would give them their war" no matter what. It's well known that the FBI covered up evidence that would prove there were two shooters; the official story is that there was one, but apparently for that to be true, the bullet would have to have turned at a right angle to hit him, or something like that.

So what does that mean for Obama? I think that if he tries to take the Bush administration to task for all the illegal **** they did, they would kill him, pass it off as a terrorist attack, then invade Iran or Syria.
This makes me want to talk about something that happened to me today:

I have this friend that lives in Florida, and she is super conservative. She thinks Obama is a liar and that Palin is an amazing woman and that McCain is smart etc etc.

Half the reason is because she has this condition wherein she can't bear children; so he's hating on Obama's decision regarding the FOCA Act, the other half is because he thinks Obama is spending too much time on the economy. She feels that it is over and done with and that the mistakes the Bush Administration left us with are irreversible.

She feels that the experience McCain can bring to the table destroys anything else Obama has, and that the "empty words he spews of change cannot be trusted".

-_-

All you need is common sense to figure out that McCain is a complete and utter idiot. His presidential agenda gives the word redundancy a new meaning. (i.e.: Bush bush bush bush)

****ing Americans. :psycho:

Top Bottom