• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
Looks like I'm the first one home from Kyle's epic fest, it was the best one I've ever been to. I just really wish I could have thanked Kyle's mom for hosting and just generally being the coolest mom in the world, no way in hell my parents would put up with 15 - 20 noisy, sweaty Melee kids at 1 am. ****, Kyle, next time you're hosting, I'm apologizing first then thanking her profusely. I never got a chance to thank you too, so thanks! You're ****ing awesome.
no problem =) my mom's really good at hosting-type-things. usually it's less crowded later in the night...past midnight it's normally less than 10 people. quebeckers were cool. i didn't get to play bam or vwins in singles though. and i'm pretty sure pkm was either sandbagging or being lazy when i played him =P

Back home now. GG all! I tried to play with as many different people as possible, sorry if I missed you D=. I wanted to play with Santa more and ... the dude in the green shirt? I can't remember your name, but we played doubles for a bit (me, you, Imadh and uhhhhhhhhhh PeterX) <3 PeterX

Epic games Jason, rawk my sawks. Vince, you bugger! Still too good and too fun to play. Didn't get to play Bam again... never have and probably never will LOL. You still owe me socks Bam.

Thanks Kyle and all that, etc. Your Mom is surprisingly awesome.
that was paul. a few of us know him from wednesday smashfests at york. yeah again, no problem. too bad my house isn't bigger.

Omniscius

Smash Cadet
Thanks for hosting Kyle, it was a ton of fun. We got owned in that 4 vs. 1 match with the snowbank.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Super balls that I missed this. The one day I don't come to a smashfest and it's like the best one ever. lol

idea

Smash Master
Ryan posting:
there are 2 sweaters that were left behind at kyle's . One is brown with black dotted stripes, and the other is a dark blue roots zip up.

I think one might be peterX's. Not sure though.

Anyways, claim your stuff whoever you are.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
um B_mak said he couldn't find his sweater so yeah it might be one of them.

everyone: gg.

idea

Smash Master
the second sweater was kind of brown, with a sort of dot pattern. i think it is paul's actually.

thanks for coming everyone =) lots of fun. the quebeckers were a nice surprise. and holy crap are they good.

did i already do a post like this? oh well, whatever.

pretty sure i got better this weekend. by the end i felt like i was a lot better at watching people and techchasing in general. pretty much everyone i played seemed better, actually.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
I don't think Peter recognized me cause of my haircut. He tripped out when I told him I was Santa.

Then again... it might've been the grass.

Anyways, while on GFAQs, I found:

http://usera.imagecave.com/Narkotik/RaynEX ***** PeterX on GFAQS editd.jpg

That video alone (RaynEX vs. PeterX friendlies) is being used to convince people why Melee > Brawl.

lol well it is a good match....lol peterx got super comboed....that should be in our trailer unless bernard can pull something even more crazy at

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
http://usera.imagecave.com/Narkotik/RaynEX ***** PeterX on GFAQS editd.jpg

That video alone (RaynEX vs. PeterX friendlies) is being used to convince people why Melee > Brawl.
=[ That's a print screen...meaning I can't click the links lol.

I think I've seen that match vs PeterX anyways though. Is that the match where Berny does that **** combo and now it's in Gimpy's vid? If so, yeh I've seen it, and it's **** =P.

I want to see the Brawl one the guy posted though. I guess I'll just type it out into my browser. -.-

And you can't PROVE that Brawl sucks since it's an opinion, not a fact, but I understand what they were trying to get at in that thread.

EDIT: Kso I just watched the Brawl match in that GFAQs thread or whatever, and honestly I thought it was amazing. Ally fkn stage spiked with a C4, recovered with it and tech'd the stage, Bthrow > Grenade > Up Air, and then for the last stock he dropped a C4, blew it up immediately, and UAir'd for the kill. I thought it was fkn amazing. Maybe these combo's aren't as long and strung out as certain combo's in Melee, but this game ISN'T Melee, and that was amazing.

In my opinion (most people forget that the majority of the things they say about Brawl vs Melee are opinions)+(a lot of you are going to hate me for this), Ally, in Brawl, is just as technical and amazing as Bernard is in Melee.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
=[ That's a print screen...meaning I can't click the links lol.

Ally, in Brawl, is just as technical and amazing as Bernard is in Melee.

well duh thats the most technical u can get in brawl

i'm not gona lie tho that was the best brawl match i've seen if they all played like that i would have no problem.....instead of super campy crap

SmashCentralOfficial

well duh thats the most technical u can get in brawl

i'm not gona lie tho that was the best brawl match i've seen if they all played like that i would have no problem.....instead of super campy crap
Yeh, honestly I have never seen a Brawl match that cool before.

I love Brawl, but unless you're playing against really good people, it's insanely boring. When you play against nub's, it's just a dumb rolling and smash attack fest, but when you actually play against good people, it's intense, edge-of-your-seat action.

Although camping is gay, it exists in every game, and in every game there are also ways to get around it.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
friday was so fail for me.
and saturday was okay for sots
kyle thanks for hosting also tell your parents i said thank you for hosting.
also ill give you your 15 bucks for the controller thanks a lot bro.

so yeah yeah exoect a "wombo combo" clip from my youtube account LOL.
me and eugene pulled it off on sean last night.

idea

Smash Master
ally might be as technical in brawl as bernard is in melee...but you've got to admit that's not saying as much. there's just a lot less to do, technically speaking. you press way less buttons and have more pressure to do things consistently. i often kill people when they miss an L-cancel =P

i'll agree with the second last part. brawl noobs are really boring...people who actually know what they're doing and don't want to waste both people's time make the game fun.

i can't believe this is still such a hot topic though (brawl vs. melee). it's been going on for almost a full year now.

SmashCentralOfficial

Kyle, it's going to be going on until one of the two games is rarely played anymore, and that is NEVER going to happen. =P

Until then, members of both communities will be making comments on why the game that they play is superior to the other, etc.

=[

Sanu

Smash Champion
^ Bookmarked for when I'm high tonight~

And that gimpy brawl video was pretty good too, lol.

Top Bottom