• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Sanu

Smash Champion
The footage itself is pretty unremarkable, I just liked the intro the best.
I don't know what you guys are smoking, but I liked the footage. I know quite a bit about how to play falcon, but it taught me a few things.

Except for all the bad DI, that is XD

58 bertha avenue, scarborough (technically), M1L 3M2

it's near victoria park station.

and when? uhh...i think stos said he's coming at 1:45, let's go with that.

lolwut, you live pretty close to me.... a 5-10 minute drive away x.x. I'll probably come today for fun... although I might not. I really want to get active in the melee community again, but WoW is too good D=

hey guys new sig i want u 2 rate...i was just trying new ways 2 render and i dont think i missed any spots so i'm gona use this way from now on :D, i dont really like the text on this one but i was 2 lazy to change it/ look for better font :p

That is one ****ing sexy sig!! Change the font to something fitting, and it will seriously be golden. The font makes it 8/10 instead of 10/10, but it's still sexy.

Annnnnnd

HAPPY BELATED DADNAN, YOU OWE ME $4 THAT YOU OWE RYAN, THAT RYAN OWES ME.... STILL WAITING!!

=D

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Kyle I lost the directions on how to get to your house.

I'm probably not going until later anyways but email me them or something. I think I take the 67 at Victoria Park Station to something (I think it's Bertha? I think the landmark is the Domino's Pizza) but send me anyways just so I'm sure.

Falcon combo videos suck. Falcon is dumb.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I openly state and admit Sheik combo videos suck.

Top / high tier combo videos in general aren't interesting.

Either they don't work entirely so they're entirely a product of horrible DI (Armada, King, Silent Spectre) or they're standardized to the point where we've already seen this crap x1000 (*cough*toptiers*cough*). There are exceptions, clearly, there's some stuff (even whole videos dare I say it) that's just plain cool... but the vast majority of it isn't.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
SilentSpectre combo videos are entertaining. Because of drop zones + tricks

Marth combo videos are all garbage... it's either perfect CG or Ken combos that had huge failure DI on them.
Fox combo videos >_> close to the same deal. It's like CG + Waveshining with the occasional up-tilt combo

Sanu

Smash Champion
WoooWWWWoooooWoowoowoOOoOoooooooooooooooooooooo

I wish this board moved as fast as luelinks D=... but then there'd be way too many smashers <_<

Thousands XD

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Kyle, is it all right if I come with Paul and Julian (not sure if Julian is coming, still waiting on a call from Paul)? I can bring a set-up.

idea

Smash Master
lolwut, you live pretty close to me.... a 5-10 minute drive away x.x. I'll probably come today for fun... although I might not. I really want to get active in the melee community again, but WoW is too good D=

That is one ****ing sexy sig!! Change the font to something fitting, and it will seriously be golden. The font makes it 8/10 instead of 10/10, but it's still sexy.
yeah, sure. i've posted my address before...weird that you'd only notice now. must mean you don't read this thread enough.

i'd play wow if it were cheaper. is there any reasonable way to hack it so that you never have to pay anything? i doubt it...

and i agree about the sig, it's really nice, and even has more of a theme than normal (rather than teen titans + quote, it relates to you specifically...being a samurai and all). but yeah, change the font.

Kyle I lost the directions on how to get to your house.

I'm probably not going until later anyways but email me them or something. I think I take the 67 at Victoria Park Station to something (I think it's Bertha? I think the landmark is the Domino's Pizza) but send me anyways just so I'm sure.

yeah, all of that is right. 67 north from victoria park station, get off at florens, which is just before the domino's. then turn right (onto florens), turn left (onto bertha), and you'll know which house it is.

I openly state and admit Sheik combo videos suck.

Either they don't work entirely so they're entirely a product of horrible DI (Armada, King, Silent Spectre) or they're standardized to the point where we've already seen this crap x1000 (*cough*toptiers*cough*). There are exceptions, clearly, there's some stuff (even whole videos dare I say it) that's just plain cool... but the vast majority of it isn't.
brawl combo videos really irritate me. this is actually entirely aside from the game. it just seems that there are so many of them, way too many for its short time being around. which means that everyone and their brother thinks they are good enough to make a combo video. which bothers me. the same problem comes up with melee combo vids too, but much less often i find.

Kyle, is it all right if I come with Paul and Julian (not sure if Julian is coming, still waiting on a call from Paul)? I can bring a set-up.
even if you didn't bring one :bee:

Kyle, I might come too. Is that aight with you? =o Ill come anyways if u dont reply haha. :)
yes

sux 4 u

If I come, I'll be there at 8 pm. Hope that's not too late! :laugh:
nah. i don't think i'll get too much sleep tonight.

Sanu

Smash Champion
yeah, sure. i've posted my address before...weird that you'd only notice now. must mean you don't read this thread enough.

i'd play wow if it were cheaper. is there any reasonable way to hack it so that you never have to pay anything? i doubt it...

nah. i don't think i'll get too much sleep tonight.
There used to be a way, lol. You'd subscribe to WoW and then cancel your subscription the same day (with a credit card). You'd be able to play for free the whole day and the payment wouldn't go through. Then you'd just subscribe the next day and cancel it again. They fixed that in 2006 D= did it every day until it was gone XD

And coo, cuz I might even come a bit later than that. It's cold now so I'll probably wait to drop off my bf at work around 10ish

lol, noob Josh. O_o
Yeah, I know, I'm nubsauce D= IN AMERICA

D

Deleted member

wow is pretty cheap as it is. if you see one movie a month you can afford it :/

i beta tested lich king and almost got to 71 with my druid. but i got ****ed over due to patching for 90 min every . ****ing. day

Sanu

Smash Champion
I ****ing hate my job right now. I sit here and surf the internet for 8 hours a day.

-___-

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
wow that was so cool, moar
agreed for the first part, but falcon is the most fun character in the game.

Welcome to 2005. About 85% of post Punch crew vids aren't worth watching, which is why I rarely watch vids for melee. Most brawl vids are boring cuz like previously said, any scrub can upload vids, so there's a looot of crap. That falco vid was cool though.

Desh

Smash Ace
hey guys new sig i want u 2 rate...i was just trying new ways 2 render and i dont think i missed any spots so i'm gona use this way from now on :D, i dont really like the text on this one but i was 2 lazy to change it/ look for better font :p

finally lol
this is beautiful <3 lol
the font is fine really, just that the red in it is over saturated, so its kind of a sore thumb =p
if you do decide to change the font, be sure to like, fit the form of the lines you have

so like
they start thinner in the middle, and widen up as they reach the border of the sig,
but the width/height of your text is the same all the way through ^_^

nothing else to critique that i can see that goes beyond the font. =p

G1G4 G0N0RRH34

Smash Journeyman
Brampton, ON, Canada Captain Falcon: Show me ya mo
desh has a good idea of what to do for the font
the stringy lines behind the render seem kind of blurry.. i think the sig would look better if they were more solid and sharp like the rest of your sig. I doubt many people would notice it though lol
i think the color of it would look better if it was more orange or yellow instead of red to go along with the rest of the sig.
needs a solid border too. other than that, good stuff, I like it =D

those ssb64 vids are amazing lol

idea

Smash Master
Sorry Kyle, don't think I can make it today :(.
ohh okay. so you're not just extremely late =P

for the sig...most of it is smooth, the font is coarse. make the font smooth and it'll look better. you could probably just blur it slightly and it'd look fine.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
That SSB64 video was crazy .__. That is why I love that game and melee. All those crazy **** combos. Not like a human is capable of doing them tho x_x lol.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Looks like I'm the first one home from Kyle's epic fest, it was the best one I've ever been to. I just really wish I could have thanked Kyle's mom for hosting and just generally being the coolest mom in the world, no way in hell my parents would put up with 15 - 20 noisy, sweaty Melee kids at 1 am. ****, Kyle, next time you're hosting, I'm apologizing first then thanking her profusely. I never got a chance to thank you too, so thanks! You're ****ing awesome.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
Guess I'm the second one to reply.

Anyways, had a great time, guys. We almost had the whole GTA smash scene hook up there, plus the Quebecois join us. Can't wait for the next one.

Thanks again, Kyle.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Back home now. GG all! I tried to play with as many different people as possible, sorry if I missed you D=. I wanted to play with Santa more and ... the dude in the green shirt? I can't remember your name, but we played doubles for a bit (me, you, Imadh and uhhhhhhhhhh PeterX) <3 PeterX

Epic games Jason, rawk my sawks. Vince, you bugger! Still too good and too fun to play. Didn't get to play Bam again... never have and probably never will LOL. You still owe me socks Bam.

Thanks Kyle and all that, etc. Your Mom is surprisingly awesome.

Top Bottom