• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
^ have you seen raynex's combo vid?

or afro chris'...i think someone else has one too

edit: lol at rogers video yesterday

there was one dvd of teen titans episodes in the "kids" section...i almost rented it for today =P

JPOBS

Smash Hero
what's the toronto melee scene like?

i dont want to read through hundreds of pages of melee. I live in london and could make a few trips down to t-dot in the new year for smash tournies if the community is vibrant :]

E For Eugene

Smash Apprentice
;O i never posted here in a while >_>
Work made me miss Kyle's and Christians house as well so that sucks.

And isn't Higurashi pretty random. From what i've seen from amvs, that guy always does some messed up stuff.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
and i was talking to one of my teachers about tournies and i think he might beable to book our schools gym or cafe for a big tournie........but their has to be some sort of profit going towards the school.........so i can mask a big tourny as a fun raiser so we could hold one..........so u guys think about that....and remenber i said MIGHT be able to book it.

Vwins

Smash Ace
NO TIME FOR VIDS!

chesterr01 posting on vwins' account.

so here's the thing toronto: for the tournament, I think it was mike who came to me on msn and told me toronto could host a tournament in january. we could host it in montreal, but it would only be worth it for everyone if there was at least (and that's a really low minimum) 35 entrants for singles and at least 15 teams. otherwise, the pots will not be big at all and it might be problematic.

if what mike said was true, we could probably come to toronto for a tournament, but would you guys have a bigger turnout? would you be able to get some MI players, or just people from the south? If the tournament in in toronto, I don't guarantee the montreal brawlers will come, like they said they would for montreal (cuz you know, in montreal, we only have 3-4 idiots who still ***** at people who play "the other game", whichever side they are on).

in other words, we can do the tournament, but if a tournament had more chances of happening in toronto with a better turnout, it would be much better. also the pr needs a cleanup and a fixup.

what's your word toronto?

Vwins

Smash Ace
chet:
if possible, i'd like to get an answer quickly, like before 11pm. because bam vwins pkm kage (maybe damax and pest) are gonna talk about it tonight since we're all at vince's.

sheik tips: dsmash more.

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
agreed

also about the millions of vids you guys recorded yesterday,
err i um..
deleted them all.

jk lol but im probably only gonna upload like 3 matches from each of the folders
and a bunch of the ones out of folders.
the crew battle is uploading atm,

so yeah.
but i dont think i'll get past the 2nd match, im going back to brampton in like 20 minutes, soooo yeah

things im uploading in order:
crew battle
stosfest doubles / stos vs kyle as request XD
stosfest friendlies
kylefest friendlies.

@_@

^_^

T---T

idea

Smash Master
agreed

also about the millions of vids you guys recorded yesterday,
err i um..
deleted them all.

jk lol but im probably only gonna upload like 3 matches from each of the folders
and a bunch of the ones out of folders.
the crew battle is uploading atm,

so yeah.
but i dont think i'll get past the 2nd match, im going back to brampton in like 20 minutes, soooo yeah

things im uploading in order:
crew battle
stosfest doubles / stos vs kyle as request XD
stosfest friendlies
kylefest friendlies.

@_@

^_^

T---T
lol you got me

upload all (or at least the good ones?) of me please. i have like 6 videos of me on youtube so far. especially that one on yoshi's story vs. peter x =P

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
lol you got me

upload all (or at least the good ones?) of me please. i have like 6 videos of me on youtube so far. especially that one on yoshi's story vs. peter x =P
that was so **** lol three rest. zero to deaths LOL.

oh yeah im putting our matches up soon Kyle, Chris is gonna some of the matches to me so it all uploads faster.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
NO TIME FOR VIDS!

chesterr01 posting on vwins' account.

so here's the thing toronto: for the tournament, I think it was mike who came to me on msn and told me toronto could host a tournament in january. we could host it in montreal, but it would only be worth it for everyone if there was at least (and that's a really low minimum) 35 entrants for singles and at least 15 teams. otherwise, the pots will not be big at all and it might be problematic.

if what mike said was true, we could probably come to toronto for a tournament, but would you guys have a bigger turnout? would you be able to get some MI players, or just people from the south? If the tournament in in toronto, I don't guarantee the montreal brawlers will come, like they said they would for montreal (cuz you know, in montreal, we only have 3-4 idiots who still ***** at people who play "the other game", whichever side they are on).

in other words, we can do the tournament, but if a tournament had more chances of happening in toronto with a better turnout, it would be much better. also the pr needs a cleanup and a fixup.

what's your word toronto?
First of all, good venues?

Second of all, organizers?

Toronto probably would be better if we have a good venue, people housing people, and someone willing to organize all this. The sooner the better.

Bernard, Ryan, and Mike and ppls gonnan take the lead? If that stuff could be ironed out soon Toronto might be better, if it takes too long or can't rly happen: Montreal.

Thus quickly answers are good. :DD

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Things I care about you uploading:
All my vids with Bernard >_> There's like 6-8. If you have to take 3? The one where I 3 stock him, the one where he 3 stocks me have to be 2 of them.
My Fox vs. Kyle >_> There should be a bunch of those, I wanna watch myself.
My Falcon ditto set vs. Sylar (his tag is Zack, should be 2 matches)

Things that are there for jokes:
Jewstar vs. Peterx

Edit:
As for the tournament, I mean we had 15 people show up to an only Brawl tournament to play on 1 setup just to face you Reggie, I think we would get a much better turnout here. You said Montreal has like 1-2 carloads of Melee players that will attend your own tournament. Just bring those 2 cars here >_> We have about 30 people that would easily show up.

iownu1337

Smash Rookie
where do people smash these days in toronto now that all the tourneys are dead (yes i just realized that)? I would glady provide a reasonable player to be pwned if i were shown the way. Ill bring cubes, controllers,memory cards, just need those adresses. Anyone? or will i have to resort to...ONLINE BRAWLING!
-my name sucks, i wanna change it

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
lol

mindgames don't work vs falco

just be green

also, d-smash

edit: who's house this week?
not my house this week & weekend
next friday my house and then saturday going to OiN2.5

All of Toronto should bus to OiN2.5 for melee with tv's

'_'
If im getting a ride im going with tv cube and other stuff.
toronto should be able to bring recording stuff we have a bunch of like game bridges, capture cards videos cameras and such.

where do people smash these days in toronto now that all the tourneys are dead (yes i just realized that)? I would glady provide a reasonable player to be pwned if i were shown the way. Ill bring cubes, controllers,memory cards, just need those adresses. Anyone? or will i have to resort to...ONLINE BRAWLING!
-my name sucks, i wanna change it
we have smashfests like every week & weekend. Just keep up with the thread and such to find out where, also thiers a tourney happening in Niagara if your interested.

idea

Smash Master
oh yeah, forgot to say, thanks for coming yesterday everyone, it was fun. i got better with the top tiers =) and a whole bunch of stuff was recorded with a lot of different people.

iownu1337 (lol that does suck...you can request the name to be changed, but i don't know how) yeah, stos is right, we have smashfests all the time, and usually talk about it in here.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
alright videos should be all uploaded by wednesday.
chris just sent me like 20 videos to make things faster.

Vwins

Smash Ace
chet typing:

toronto, we are thinking about coming to toronto for the tournament if it is held in january.

we need confirmation as to who is doing this. this is kinda short notice for us, but if you guys can take care of it, we are definitely going to come. me, bam, pkm, vwins, kage, I suppose we could get a few more, like jarc and perhaps a few brawlers, even some I'm forgetting.

how fast do you think you can get this on the road? =/ I feel bad putting pressure on you guys, but I know we all need some melee tourney action on the east coast.

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
i just found an awesome venue,
that could be VERY cheap for me to rent
and its about 4-5 times the size of the venue where starfurry, cake town, and combo breaker were held at.

its a hall, but family friends own it, and it could make for a great venue.
LOTS of tables, chairs, and outlets.

a bar w/ drinks. + stuff

i'll see if it can be rented, and if i can organize something in january.

me and stos would host this.

he also has a good venue in mind, but we're not sure if we can host.
he was thinking of hosting in march though,
so if we hosted 2 seperate tournies, there would be a lot going on o.o
dec. 20 - niko
jan xx - possible tourny
march xx - also possible tourny.

i'll find out tomorrow or the day after if i can rent out this place,
if i can, and i get a thumbs up for hosting from my parents,
then i will definitely host.
i'll find out if the venue is rent-able tomorrow,
as for if i can host, well, i'de know 100% by probably the end of the week?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
i just found an awesome venue,
that could be VERY cheap for me to rent
and its about 4-5 times the size of the venue where starfurry, cake town, and combo breaker were held at.

its a hall, but family friends own it, and it could make for a great venue.
LOTS of tables, chairs, and outlets.

a bar w/ drinks. + stuff

i'll see if it can be rented, and if i can organize something in january.

me and stos would host this.

he also has a good venue in mind, but we're not sure if we can host.
he was thinking of hosting in march though,
so if we hosted 2 seperate tournies, there would be a lot going on o.o
dec. 20 - niko
jan xx - possible tourny
march xx - also possible tourny.

i'll find out tomorrow or the day after if i can rent out this place,
if i can, and i get a thumbs up for hosting from my parents,
then i will definitely host.
i'll find out if the venue is rent-able tomorrow,
as for if i can host, well, i'de know 100% by probably the end of the week?
i could do a tourney during february and march =D not sure about january though

Top Bottom