• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so.
for Oin2.5
greyhound from union station to st. catherines for round trip is 28 bucks.
i cant believe go bus' doesnt go to st. catherines.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe the SS/Tang vs Zhu/Lucky match got 2000 views in one **** day, that's unprecedented for a Melee video. Does skipping to 3:20 and watching from there count as one view? :laugh:

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Ken needs to have an EPIC Smash 64/Melee/Brawl tournament if he wins Survivor. Inviting pros from all over the world, getting over 1000 people to attend.

Seriously.

Niko_K

Smash Master
niice. that's amazingly cheap. can someone pick us up from the bus station in st. catharines?
I'll have to ask around to see if thats possible. If not, theres a taxi service that charges an 8 dollar flat rate for anywhere in the city, just ask for a van and you should be fine :)

Either option, if you want the taxi option. The number is (905)-641-0660

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Ryan and I play on emulator. : (
your character will by default have AttackMAX, SpeedMAX, ChargeMAX, Undersht and 1000 HP, after that its all a matter of picking out whether u want Team Protoman or Team Colonel, and the chips you want (99 of every chip in every available chip code, so the possibilities are endless :])

so how bouts it bernie 5$mm :]?

idea

Smash Master
I'll have to ask around to see if thats possible. If not, theres a taxi service that charges an 8 dollar flat rate for anywhere in the city, just ask for a van and you should be fine :)

what the hell!

$8 for anywhere

how does that

but

:confused:

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
i might too, im gonna talk to bernard after he buys his, maybe i'll meet him at union station and come w/ him
and if its 8$ for a taxi it would be so cheap to split o_o

Sanu

Smash Champion
Ken needs to have an EPIC Smash 64/Melee/Brawl tournament if he wins Survivor. Inviting pros from all over the world, getting over 1000 people to attend.

Seriously.
You know he's already either won or lost, right? Everything is pre-filmed months, even perhaps a year ago from now <.< so it's not a question of *if* he wins survivor or not.

SEMANTICS LOL

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
You know he's already either won or lost, right? Everything is pre-filmed months, even perhaps a year ago from now <.< so it's not a question of *if* he wins survivor or not.

SEMANTICS LOL
Not the finals, IIRC

idea

Smash Master
yeea. lol

also, niko because of that taxi thing you posted...I'm probably buying my bus ticket tmr night.
i might too, im gonna talk to bernard after he buys his, maybe i'll meet him at union station and come w/ him
and if its 8$ for a taxi it would be so cheap to split o_o
please tell me when you guys are working this stuff out. i'll be buying my ticket sometime after saturday.

just watched the first episode of death note. the show seemed...cheesy, but still better than i thought it would be. may watch episode 2 but i dunno how much after that.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
kman vs. jman.

im changing my name to bman then its on.

Desh: Stos is buying his ticket with me on the same credit card probably. We were talking about going together anyways. So I guess its Me, Stos, Desh and Kyle. Anyone else cool to bus it with us?

idea

Smash Master
kman vs. jman.

Desh: Stos is buying his ticket with me on the same credit card probably. We were talking about going together anyways. So I guess its Me, Stos, Desh and Kyle. Anyone else cool to bus it with us?
if you can wait, don't get the tickets till after saturday. technically i'm working december 20th, but i should hopefully be able to get someone to take over that shift for me (most people want more hours so it's not a stretch to think someone will fill it). or i could always switch it for something on..any other day =P

but still, if you're getting them all at once, wait till after i sort that out. if not...then get me one at the same time anyway. if it doesn't work out i lose $30, meh =P

"C"let

Smash Journeyman

hell yeah I've tried it it ****ing cheap, but niko forgot to tell you guys, when you call ask for a car not a taxi (they don't like being called taxi)

idea

Smash Master
update on anime i'm watching...

serial experiments lain is fascinating. i was completely drawn into it the first episode...and the only reason i'm not now watching the second is that i want to draw it out longer. just really interesting artistically, these people really cared about what they were making. reminds me a bit of the end of 2001: a space odyssey (not for any reasons having to do with space).

Niko_K

Smash Master
hell yeah I've tried it it ****ing cheap, but niko forgot to tell you guys, when you call ask for a car not a taxi (they don't like being called taxi)
I was going to mention that. Though Clet had it covered.

Finally, Melee and Brawl at the same ****ing tournament. Lets do this more often.

unknown522

Some guy
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=yy40A9ij7dU

this is something everyone can appreciate. Ryan with a fro and me without one.

Also featuring Stos when he was what...grade 8?!? Sean, Andrei, Eugene, Sheehan. lol gooood times.

SCRAAAAAHH
lol, I miss my fro. It's coming back.

also stos was in grade 9, going to 10. That was summer last year. Eugine and sean are a year younger than him, so they were grade 8.

also, peterX you gonna chop faith? lol

idea

Smash Master
alright, so i was practicing timing things with jiggs today cause i noticed my timing is generally off on easy things, and it costs me a lot

for edgeguarding spacies i think i was using fair too late...apparently it works better i use the sex kick part of it. i would have thought the beginning would have a better knockback, but i guess not. also it seems to work better if i fall on top of the person with my legs rather than trying to...hit them. =P

i was also missing l-cancels on fairs a lot. those should generally lead to grabs and such at least some of the time if i do it right, but i usually don't get that off for some reason.

and i practiced the timing for jab reset rest when they miss a tech. i've been trying to uptilt when people miss techs, but i guess it's too slow...for whatever reason that hasn't been working, so whatever, mango style.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
kman vs. jman.

can you please buy me a ticket and i'll just give you my money since like i dont own a credit card and so that my mom cant say i cant go since i already have the ticket :)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
yea. i'm waiting for kyle to confirm with his work. so after saturday. If you guys want you can come over sunday and we can do it at my house then.

my mom wants to meet more smash ppl anyways. she said if she knows more people i smash with she'll be more willing to let me have them over for events.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
yea. i'm waiting for kyle to confirm with his work. so after saturday. If you guys want you can come over sunday and we can do it at my house then.

my mom wants to meet more smash ppl anyways. she said if she knows more people i smash with she'll be more willing to let me have them over for events.
alright.

i could try coming sunday and yeah my mom said shes confortable with me being with you guys now and yeah my mom just needs to meet you guys & parents so they can trust me where ever i go.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Once you get to that point, you can take greyhounds to foreign places and sleep in tents. Your parents won't even know ;)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Once you get to that point, you can take greyhounds to foreign places and sleep in tents. Your parents won't even know ;)
oh yeah i need your number so when my mom asks for your number or w.e. she wont have to wait and stuff. pm it to me. ty.
anyways guys are we staying in st. catherines the night of OiN2.5?

Niko_K

Smash Master
I think you may have to, in which case I could house 3-4 of you guys, since I already have 3-4 Michigan guys coming here as well...though two people will have to sleep on the floor. Pastaboy can also house, and then you guys can meet up at the bus terminal.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I think you may have to, in which case I could house 3-4 of you guys, since I already have 3-4 Michigan guys coming here as well...though two people will have to sleep on the floor.
i'll take one spot on the floor thats fine with me.

edit: i think we (melee'rs) prefer staying in the same house lol.

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
idk if i'll have money for the ticket, cuz im saving for money when im in CT.
=/
so i'm gonna have to try for a ride.
i'll ask today or tomorrow, if i can get a ride do you guys want me to give you one also? it would save you some money?
if you wanna stay the night in st catherines you can just bus back on sunday, but if i get a ride i can probably drive you home on the night of the tourny.

but i have to see if i have money for the ticket ^_^ , if i do then sounds good to me

Top Bottom