• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Boofy!

Smash Champion
sometimes when my buddy is feeling extra trolly he'll build like 4 zephyrs on Ziliean and run around at perma 700 movespeed, doesn't do anything else but its still good entertainment.

john!

Smash Hero
also i played like 20 games of dota 2 over the past week. i love automatically winning/losing my lane based on whether my autoattack is stronger than the opponent's just kidding, denying is a ****ing awful mechanic

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
how is valk not amazing 50 mana for like 1200 range dash the cd is high at low ranks but w/e
Probably cause it's very slow reletive to the other dashes. I'm 90% sure it has the tris problem (really being at the starting point til the dash ends) as well. Also it's 800, which I believe barely edges out arcane shift for longest dash/blink but shift is a substantially lower cd ability with the ability to reduce it further, is much less time in transit, and has a number of other mechincal fringe benefits like being a blink and having ininterruptable animation frames at the beginning. I dunno, just doesn't seem to have the utility of other dashes, useful when you need to be just a bit faster then you move and don't care about sacrificing dps, or when you need to get over a fall, but it doesn't seem to have anywhere near the clutch repositing teamfight potential of other dashes.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I tried playing it myself, it felt like playing smash 64.

I felt stiff when playing the game, like not fludd like league does.

Also gog, ranged vs Garen/Udyr feels ugg.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
ezreals escape is broken comparing it to other escapes is laughable at best lol
this is true, but compare it's utility to vayne tumble, or graves quickdraw, or cait net, they're all very quick dashes so they can be used to reliably reposition in teamfights in addittion to being used as an escape/pursuit tool. Tris' jump has that issue as well, but not to the same degree since it's considerably faster (though if corki jump doesn't have the "i'm still here til the jump ends" issue MAY make it edge out). Sure it's long, but I'd take the ability to use my dash to easily dodge skillshots or to kite divers on an adc any day.

Niko45

Smash Master
Trist jump has way more cast time than corki valk o_O

And vayne tumble can't jump walls. gg

you guys prob playing corki wrong ur supposed to go bot with rumble support, rush sorc shoes, max Valk, go ham at 6 carpet of doom

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hmmm, apparently tris jump is .2 seconds longer at max range, since it's frontloaded due to cast time, it's worse for repositioning. Should probably play more tris.

Ya vayne can't jump over walls, but I'd argue that effective repositioning is more important in teamfights then escapes and effective repositioning is vayne's teamfight hat. Actually that's the entire point of what I have been arguing, out of the dashes and blinks for the adcs that have them, tris and corki are the only ones which aren't really effective repositioning tools, they're pursuit and escaping tools.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
udyr is too snowbally

i might start playing ashe though for a while

this will be fun, i can practise my kiting

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
you guys prob playing corki wrong ur supposed to go bot with rumble support, rush sorc shoes, max Valk, go ham at 6 carpet of doom
I see lots of ADC Corki players Valkyrie into the entire enemy team, maybe they should all play AP Bruiser Corki?

Better yet, Proxy AP Corki.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Starting Doran's Blade on Tiger Udyr is hella sick.
The fact that it gives you AD, not an on-hit effect makes your early objective control super strong, and of course just bumps up Tiger's scaling early on. You can take a tower disgustingly fast level 2.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
450 (+ 100% AP)
I didn't realize Corki's Valk did that much damage. Oh god my text color.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Wanted to chill with the lag tonight, but normals matched up against apparently Bassem & co.
I remembered why I dropped Galio top.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The feels where you get flamed for doing what your team told you to. I got forced into a lane swap into a 4/0 ryze with double buffs, and then got yelled at for trading kills with him when he dove me. Sometimes the lol community makes me want to play nothing but 5's.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The problem with supports will never go away until there is a ward cap on wards on the map. With sightstone and wriggles not counting towards the cap.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
The problem with supports will never go away until there is a ward cap on wards on the map. With sightstone and wriggles not counting towards the cap.
Can you explain why you say this? I'm curious. Though it probably has to do with them having to buy so many wards because the other team is/oracles/something?

Top Bottom