• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

MrEh

Smash Hero
Vi's Q sound effects are proving a ***** to edit (especially her Q), but I'll figure it out eventually.

It's still easier to edit then Ryze. His sound effects are freaking wacky.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Ryze appears to use the same sound effects for multiple actions. I noticed that one of his autoattack sounds is the same as his spellcast sounds. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but the game seems to make some of his sound effects softer for no real reason.

It's making it hard to pinpoint exactly which sound effect is mapped to which skill and autoattack, because it seems to cycle though. Ideally, if the game is making some sound effects softer, I would want those mapped to his autoattacks and the louder sound effects mapped to his skills.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think I understand. Brawl does something similar, it has sound effects on moves and then the move has it programmed on if the sound will be soft, medium, loud or very loud.

It could be doing the same thing with Ryze.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
how does GA on zac work? i bought one for kicks and when i died, both my passive and GA went off at the same time. if my blobs hadn't revived me, would GA had done so?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I am currently on like a 14 game ranked losing spree. My MMR has tanked to beyond ****. From 65 points silver 1 to 75 points silver 3. How do you get out of a funk like this?

I feel like I've hit a huge wall, I know what to do, the execution/results just aren't there.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Personally, I think the way to improve is to care more about improving versus winning. Don't let losses get you down, and try to learn from your losses. Find the point in every match where you started losing the game, and think about how you can prevent it next time.

Either that or you jungle Shaco like a *******.

how does GA on zac work? i bought one for kicks and when i died, both my passive and GA went off at the same time. if my blobs hadn't revived me, would GA had done so?
The Guardian Angel SHOULD revive you before your passive does, but I'm not 100% sure. That's how it works with other revival abilities.

Chronoshift>Guardian Angel>Zac/Anivia Passive>Yorick Ult

Life

Smash Hero
I am currently on like a 14 game ranked losing spree. My MMR has tanked to beyond ****. From 65 points silver 1 to 75 points silver 3. How do you get out of a funk like this?

I feel like I've hit a huge wall, I know what to do, the execution/results just aren't there.
Play some normals until you're comfortable again.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

This has happened to me before. Usually its just because youre getting into bad habits you dont notice. What I do when that happens is take a break from Ranked or serious play for a day or two, try not to think about league during that time, then when you come back, play a normal or two with your refreshed mind to see if that fixes anything. It works pretty well for me at least.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
My first 60 or so ranked games I didn't care about and I ended up in Silver 3 for awhile. Then I cared just a smidge cause I felt like being in gold instead so I blazed through Silver 2 without noticing I was already at promo series, won that, then was in Silver 1.
Played characters I was good at for whatever role I was forced into (can never get mid so I fill 99% of the time) 2nd try for promo to gold and I'm in. Already close to Gold 4 or 3, whichever I get bumped into.

Basically saying... play the game without thinking it's ranked and not caring, cause then you'll probably stress yourself out or have that anxiety at the beginning of the match "oh god ranked, I need to WIN" Or at least that's how it worked for me, don't care much play characters you're good with in roles you're forced into and without knowing you'll be in diamond.

Edit: Oh like mr. eh said, I jungled shaco, top Singed and support Janna a lot cause support jungle or top was the things I filled up cause "le ad bruizerr mid and boo build asreal :^)"so almost never got to get mid and ad which I preferred the most. So I guess another thing being your most hated role might get you wins somehow.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Also, make sure you don't tank back-to-back-to-back losses. Losing more than three in a row is probably a sign to take a break for the time being, and come back to Ranked later.

It sucks to go off on a bad note for a night of ranked games, but sometimes it's for the best. :applejack:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If you are not dominating laning phase, then you either belong in that elo or you need to keep trying new stuff until something clicks and ride it as long as you can.

Carried as blue ez from gold 3 to plat 5, zyra support to plat 4, now I'm on zac top and in my promo series for plat 3.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If you are not dominating laning phase, then you either belong in that elo or you need to keep trying new stuff until something clicks and ride it as long as you can.

Carried as blue ez from gold 3 to plat 5, zyra support to plat 4, now I'm on zac top and in my promo series for plat 3.
Some characters kinda suck in the laning phase though.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
My bad, csing really well while not feeding would be a better example

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So, i have a tendancy to win lane lose game. And by win lane I mean win laning phase because I do well but then lose in teamfighting phase. I generally play ryze and even though I generally consider him weak til he gets his second ult level, people seem to be really bad at trading with so I reliably manage to get in and chunk them, then tp ganks apply pressure to the other lanes.

Problem is, when it comes to teamfights, silence shuts me down horrifically and to add to that, pretty much nobody around silver knows how to deal with fiddle ult so even being ahead doesn't do much. So my question is, what can I proatively do to deal with this major problems, 5 man fiddle ults in teamfight phase and silences basically shutting me down?

edit: Ya, I buy merc treads in these sorts of games.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Always ban cho when I'm first pick, probably gonna add fiddles to that.

edit: Problem is, I'm only first pick a 5th of the time. Don't exclusively play ryze, but Ihaven't lost lane with him since my first 10 games this seasons and rarely have we lost laning phase when I was playing ryze.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Not gonna lie, I assumed the Riven voice clips were about **** also, lol. Apparently the Youtubers think so too. It isn't like it's going to matter being client-side only or anything.

But not errbody goes out of their way to watch our interpretation of another culture's humor.

Coney

Smash Master
is fiddle really common enough for that to be a huge problem though

also there's no one answer for solo q, find out what you're good at and exploit the **** out of it

if you're like, a singed player with really strong lane mechanics, you're playing the wrong champ

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Not gonna lie, I assumed the Riven voice clips were about **** also, lol. Apparently the Youtubers think so too. It isn't like it's going to matter being client-side only or anything.

But not errbody goes out of their way to watch our interpretation of another culture's humor.
I think the reason it got the reaction it did was we have a lot of japanophiles on this thread which is probably indicative of the general smashboards population. That makes it diffiucult for them to understand how the joke comes off to people who aren't familar with this really esoteric series.

Combined with the fact that casual **** jokes are common in nerd culture, recipe for drama.

Speaking of which, talked to mog, he's probably not gonna be back anytime soon.

is fiddle really common enough for that to be a huge problem though

also there's no one answer for solo q, find out what you're good at and exploit the **** out of it

if you're like, a singed player with really strong lane mechanics, you're playing the wrong champ
I think he got a signifigant jump in low elo popularity recently, about 50-70% of my ryze games I've run into at least one heavy silencer, namely cho, fiddles, soraka, or malz (whose silence hasn't really been a problem especially since I run ms quints and 9/0/21), mostly the first cho and out of them cho was the most popular but last season I never saw fiddles. That said, I've only played 41 games this season and only 15 of them were ryze.

Ryze seems to work for me about as well as eve did last season, if you win lane it's pretty easy to carry with him as long as I'm not getting killed by silence.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Is Fiddles supposed to be a Ryze counter? It's hard to tell with these kinds of things, but I don't see very many Fiddles at all. However, if I mid and I pick Malz (my most played) before enemy team picks mid, I swear about 70% of the time the opponent picks either Lux or Nidalee, which are obnoxious to lane against because I just can't reach them, so they're pretty safe picks against him. Then again, they're popular/safe picks as it is, so that could just be coincidence. Also I see a lot of people pick Kassadin against my Malz, because they think he's a counter or something silly hehehehe

^ don't you have to pay to view stuff like that on elobuff?

john!

Smash Hero
Ryze seems to work for me about as well as eve did last season, if you win lane it's pretty easy to carry with him as long as I'm not getting killed by silence.
yeah they both get shut down HARD by silence. also eve is still really good in solo queue, i used her to get to platinum.

in fact (for those who care), eve taught me what my biggest weakness was as a player... i didn't influence the game enough. i rarely bothered to gank side lanes when i went mid with other heroes, since i figured it would be warded and i would be wasting my time (why not go back and buy an item instead?)... but with eve, ganking was a breeze, and her gank-heavy playstyle started to influence the way i played other mids as well.

it's kinda sad that you can't just win your lane and rely on your team to not lose theirs... but you're in for a realllly slow climb with that mentality

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Opposite issue for me, tended to spend too much time ganking, not enough farming.

Is Fiddles supposed to be a Ryze counter? It's hard to tell with these kinds of things, but I don't see very many Fiddles at all. However, if I mid and I pick Malz (my most played) before enemy team picks mid, I swear about 70% of the time the opponent picks either Lux or Nidalee, which are obnoxious to lane against because I just can't reach them, so they're pretty safe picks against him. Then again, they're popular/safe picks as it is, so that could just be coincidence. Also I see a lot of people pick Kassadin against my Malz, because they think he's a counter or something silly hehehehe

^ don't you have to pay to view stuff like that on elobuff?
Not sure about in lane cause I've only faced him in the jungle, but half of it is that his silence is can multi-hit, negating banshees if I get it, plus if he ults close enough to me, the fear is a killer.

The other half is, I don't think people really know how to deal with fiddle ults in silver, and if I'm gonna play against him, need some idea of a way to deal with that. Or maybe I should just pick him up.

Coney

Smash Master
yeah they both get shut down HARD by silence. also eve is still really good in solo queue, i used her to get to platinum.

in fact (for those who care), eve taught me what my biggest weakness was as a player... i didn't influence the game enough. i rarely bothered to gank side lanes when i went mid with other heroes, since i figured it would be warded and i would be wasting my time (why not go back and buy an item instead?)... but with eve, ganking was a breeze, and her gank-heavy playstyle started to influence the way i played other mids as well.

it's kinda sad that you can't just win your lane and rely on your team to not lose theirs... but you're in for a realllly slow climb with that mentality

i think this is what holds most people back in solo q

LUCKILY some HANDSOME DEVIL has made a video showing how to have presence in your games!!!

btw u guys should subscribe, i'm gonna be putting out a lot of content specifically designed toward solo q--and not that happy "BE POSITIVE AND HELP UR TEAM ^_^ " bull****, i have a very machiavellian/solipsistic stance on solo q that i'm gonna be making **** about, it's gonna be cool

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
"I don't see very many fiddles" and then very next game my jungler is a Fiddle. And of course people fell for his ult <3
Talon is so fun, but it's too bad Khazix exists. I just played Talon mid and our top was a Rumble.. I expected to lane against Khazix, but he went top and Malphite went mid. I assume that's more because Rumble > Malphite than Talon > Khazix right?
And I finally qualified for Gold 1 promotion series... it's only a matter of time before I reach plat >=(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

Oh man, this so much. I mainly play ADC and have a friend I Support duo with, and youd be surprised just how often me telling him to gank mid during an uneventful farmfest gets our mid JUST far enough ahead to start snowballing.

Plus it gives me more levels. :awesome:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Any time i leave lane to gank mid or help in a skirmish in the bot side jungle, my adc rages at me. And then dies in a 2v1 engage

Top Bottom