• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Speaking of which, talked to mog, he's probably not gonna be back anytime soon.
loloverreactions
[collapse= elobuff pls]
[/collapse]

I don't understand why things like this happen.
That is confusing, why does it only have you at 31st for Nami but 1st out of all support games? Maybe the support solo queue doesn't weigh your league as hard as the individual ones do.

I like watching my Fiora rating swing between 28th and 100th even though I'm still not even Gold. Shows you how many people don't play her. =P

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's like, $6 a month. It's not really silly, it gives you a whole bunch of stats to work with. I work all my character builds around the stats it gives on items and summoner spells (example: my FIORA has a 78% win rate with Youmouu's and a 66% win rate with BT)

Also Graves or Ezreal.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Why would I buy Shaco? I just got first blood on one because I had his wraiths warded and killed him because I saw him low hp doing wraiths. Woo
And I just despise Shaco. Every time I see an enemy Shaco I know I get paranoid, and every time there's one on my team they feed and sux

YES.
I'm so goddamn happy. :applejack:
obvious troll
I like Mogwai, although he doesn't actually post his opinion on anything much here anymore, just streams games that I sometime watch when it isn't 3 am

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Is it a crime to be happy that a thread has been cleansed of another white knight?
I didn't get my free Poppy skins. He deserves it.:applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You should be thankful I decided to step foot into such a thread in the first place.
That also sounds like a lot more fun than what we had before.:applejack:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
what the **** is even going on here

why cant we go back to the good old days when everyone was cool with each other and actually talked in the swf chat

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Who beats Nidalee in lane (namely mid)? Spears are easy to dodge, but her all-in power if you miss an essential skillshot, combined with her idiotic heals, are ridiculous.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

why cant we go back to the good old days when everyone was cool with each other and actually talked in the swf chat
Cool with each other? We were all too busy attacking john and getting infracted from Marc or somebody else for bothering him. Along with the thread getting locked. This thread never knew such words known as "Peace"

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Cause people have strong opinions and come from different backgrounds and can't see from other people's prospectives. And unlike in the good 'ole days there's actual division instead of one person just whining about how terrible solo queue is.

Edit: Don't like his solution to it, the far better and easier solution was to just ignore espy.

john!

Smash Hero
Why would I buy Shaco? I just got first blood on one because I had his wraiths warded and killed him because I saw him low hp doing wraiths. Woo
And I just despise Shaco. Every time I see an enemy Shaco I know I get paranoid, and every time there's one on my team they feed and sux
shaco is really difficult lol

don't buy him unless you've tried him a few times during free week

Cause people have strong opinions and come from different backgrounds and can't see from other people's prospectives. And unlike in the good 'ole days there's actual division instead of one person just whining about how terrible solo queue is.
^ is that referring to me?

people have been whining about solo q in this thread since the beginning, i'm just the one everyone remembers since dphat got me banned for it

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Actually it wasn't really, you were only part of the pattern. It was cyclical, most people only did it once only to get replaced by somebody completely new. You just replaced multiple people in the solo queue whineathon. Mmmm I guess more then anyone else in particular, but more aimed at the pattern then any individual.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think the reason it got the reaction it did was we have a lot of japanophiles on this thread which is probably indicative of the general smashboards population. That makes it diffiucult for them to understand how the joke comes off to people who aren't familar with this really esoteric series.

Combined with the fact that casual **** jokes are common in nerd culture, recipe for drama.

Speaking of which, talked to mog, he's probably not gonna be back anytime soon.
Not to be a ****, but I got no sympathy for him acting like a child about that.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
he wasn't really acting like an ass

or at least I don't think he was intending to come across like that

Edit:

Who beats Nidalee in lane (namely mid)? Spears are easy to dodge, but her all-in power if you miss an essential skillshot, combined with her idiotic heals, are ridiculous.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Not to be a ****, but I got no sympathy for him acting like a child about that.
Look dude, you said that this is a sensative topic before and rightfully so, why are you so salty at him for responding like that when he didn't even have the information presented to him to tell him that he didn't have the context. I mean, look at how pretty much everyone who didn't have the context responded to it, myself, reddit, youtube, vyke.

RR, you're a good guy and I respecty you, but you're not the best at looking at things from other people's points of views. That's why you lynched kantrip.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I know someone who has been *****, and when I showed them this audio, they thought it was hilarious.
Adumbro and Mog are just overly sensitive.

:applejack:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
One of my close friends was *****.

Please don't imply this ever again.
You're not the only one whose had expiriences like that RR.

Look, you know me decently well and I know you decently well, I'm not questioning your sincerity and motivations. Let's take this convo private though, would much prefer to talk about this on skype.

Really? Why?
I do own her, so...
wow no more spoilers is lame

Shouldn't you just do this anyway? :mistyface:
He was town though, and breaking the lynch on ryker to go for kantrip cost us the game

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Really? Why?
I do own her, so...
wow no more spoilers is lame

Shouldn't you just do this anyway? :mistyface:
Basically it works like this:

vs AP nidalee:

She misses a spear, you jump on her and spank her and she can't do anything about it. Heck, you can jump on her even if her spear is up because close range spears are lulz.

vs AD nidalee:

Same deal, except her autos hurt a bit more, so just riposte them and laugh since her AA animation is so predictable.

Max Q or W depending on what's happening. If the jungler comes and you're level 6, just kill him (unless it's wardick). Ignite > Q > auto > Q > R will kill basically any jungler, then you can turn on nidalee.

Once you get a Tiamat/Hydra, you'll kill her especially easy, just make sure you stay in her minion wave when fighting her (with hydra, not tiamat. And yes, I know that sounds counterproductive, but you gain so much health from autoattacking in them thanks to hydra's passive).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nidalee basically sucks against anyone that can jump on her and just wail away. Fiora does that amazingly well.

Vi would be okay if her Q didn't have such a long setup, but I imagine it isn't that bad pre-6. :applejack:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I know someone who has been *****, and when I showed them this audio, they thought it was hilarious.
Adumbro and Mog are just overly sensitive.

i have never seen the anime and the audio suggests a **** scenario

im not gonna call people out for not being sensitive to it, but to call driving mogwai out of the thread a victory when he has every reason to believe its a **** scenario and hes clearly sensitive to it is just being straight up ignorant of others views

also most people in this thread would be terrible mafia players :bee:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm not ignorant of other views.
I just don't like Mog. Or more accurately, I don't like his posts.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well there are three groups here:

A. People who felt as myself and mog did (of whom only mog and myself spoke up in a timely fashion). (myself, you, shaya, vyke, mog)

B. People who don't see how anyone could possibly interpret it as referring to **** (basically people who associate the lines with the anime) (Mreh, RR, a few others)

C. People who are like "if you disagree casual **** jokes in any context you're a white knight and therefore think that fun is a terrible thing. Screw you, you don't belong in this thread." (espy and co)

Don't think any side has the clear majority but I don't think B has really parsed the arguments of C, but pretty much anybody in group C, if I had respect for them it's gone now. Group B I understand, even if I disagree with them. I do think Mog is a tad oversensative towards them because he really doesn't understand where they're coming from.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Shaya is weeaboo but has the potential to be good in mafia so in spite of the fact it he understood the reference he completely got why we got that impressions we did.

Top Bottom