• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Are gp10 quints still legitimate on supports anymore? Somehow, I feel like they're taking up a huge spot that I could replace with movespeed, or AP (Sona, Nami, Lux, Lulu)...or more armor (especially since the change in ambient gold, I've been thinking about this a lot) . But I'm not sure if I want to remove them. Is philo all the gp10 I'll need? I'd do math but I'm far too bad at math for that.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I know some professional supports like to run flat HP quints for lane sometimes, but that's all I really looked into it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Nope, still got the best overall core AS in the game, discounting abilities (I think including passive boosts like leveling abilities as well, but not positive). Highest starting AS class, and really high end increases which results in the people with higher increases have signifigantly less base and end up with less at level 18. Teemo, akali, and shaco come pretty close, but the only other ranged ADC that comes close are tris and ashe who get better AS at level 18. they need to be about 2/3rds of a dagger to equal out though tris has rapid fire.

Both of them make up for having signifigantly lower base AS by having higher growth, so the lower level the more drastic the difference.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pretty much every good AD carry has an AS steroid

From this, I predict that AD kennen is bad

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'll give you Cait and Urgot, but Ashe and Corki have AD-scaling skills on low cooldowns (eventually low, in Ashe's case) to make up for it. And Sivir has her ult.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Forgot twitch, dude's base AS is really high, but not quite as high as kennen's.

Pretty much every good AD carry has an AS steroid

From this, I predict that AD kennen is bad
Well, ADCs that don't have AS steriods:

Ashe, Cait, corki, vayne.

Also, you gotta consider varus has less AS when the minion version is active, and only half a dagger more AS when he killed a champ.

edit cause ninja'd:

I'll give you Cait and Urgot, but Ashe and Corki have AD-scaling skills on low cooldowns (eventually low, in Ashe's case) to make up for it. And Sivir has her ult.
That more is their general playstyle, neither ashe's volley nor corki's rockets really replace an AA, The former gives kiting potential, the latter gives poke and burst damage, it should be considered versus kennen's other advantages, not just dismissed as "basically equivilent to an AA steriod", that's silly.

Edit 2, and urgot is an AD caster/anti-carry anyway. He just lanes in the ADC slot.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Ashe is a horrible ADC, I cry a little when I have to support one.

*some guy hovers over ashe*
me: dear god please don't use ashe
ashe: you're ok *locks*
me: ... support Caitlyn
ashe: omg wtf you massive troll

I think Ashe ADC is more troll then support Caitlyn but w/e.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ashe was good before every champ came with a gap closer

Even now, her ult will win games as its an amazing initiate still

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Ashe is good because her ult is crazy good still.
Even her kiting just isn't what it used to be, now that every bruiser/assassin has seventeen gapclosers, and enough damage to instapop tanks.

john!

Smash Hero
Ashe is a horrible ADC, I cry a little when I have to support one.

*some guy hovers over ashe*
me: dear god please don't use ashe
ashe: you're ok *locks*
me: ... support Caitlyn
ashe: omg wtf you massive troll

I think Ashe ADC is more troll then support Caitlyn but w/e.
if this actually happened then you're kind of a douchebag

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Her ult is great, but she just gets completely mauled both in lane and teamfights.

I consider her to be probably the worst ADC in the game imho. Quinn excluded.

Leacero

Smash Lord
if this actually happened then you're kind of a douchebag

I agree with this.

Ashe is good. Just go flash/ghost and get distortion boots somewhere around your 1st BF and shiv. You'll have ghost up every team fight and flash up every 1.5 teamfights, and this is assuming you blow them in each. She's a lot better than you give her credit for.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Maybe she's better than I'm giving her credit for, but still, I think she's a subpar choice and her low mobility makes her similar to Kog'Maw.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Saying that Ashe is good suggests that most (or at least half) of all AD carries are worse than her, which I don't agree with (unless we're counting **** like AD Annie).

Coney

Smash Master
that's if you're looking at "good" comparatively

i think AD carries are well-rounded and even though ashe may be comparatively worse, i still think she's good

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I like Ashe. As a jungler for most of my games, I appreciate bot lane giving me easier ganking opportunities, and Ashe is really good at setting up some easy kills because of her ult. :applejack:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
the best part about playing ashe in solo queue is that if you kite really well, you win team fights even if you do no damage because teams will tunnel on you while the rest of your team cleans them up

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ashe isn't bad at laning phase either. 600 (2nd longest range for an actual adc) is nothing to scoff at. And her volley poke gets agravating if she has a support to work with her. Lulu/Soraka/Janna all work well with her

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Her ult is great, but she just gets completely mauled both in lane and teamfights.

I consider her to be probably the worst ADC in the game imho. Quinn excluded.
Quinn's so bad you don't even include her? :(

(I think Corki's worse, I never see those guys do well, but Ashe can poop on faces)
Also Ashe's volley poke is REALLY annoying. I'm all like "haha it won't hit me behind this minion" but then it does anyway.
I think I'ma play Kogmaw more in soloqueue.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I forgot Corki existed :<

He's pretty bad too, Rioto should.throw him a couple of buffs to make him a little more viable.

Anyway, does anyone know how the hell thornmail works and how I can counter it? Last night I was in a game and three people on the enemy team bought it (I was 6 BT fiora, no boots op) and I was still killing myself on it. lol

Top Bottom