• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

MrEh

Smash Hero
This is just an example of people taking things more seriously then they should.

There's no sense making a big stink out of problems that aren't even there.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm excited for you Aero. :applejack:

Adum, that's like, the third time you've lost respect for me.
I'm in the negatives now, no? That's how respect works, right? It's just a number?

Eh's right tho. You're kinda being unfun right now. :<

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
but while we're on the subject, I installed it without hesitation, **** didn't even pop into my mind once until it was mentioned.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
but while we're on the subject, I installed it without hesitation, **** didn't even pop into my mind once until it was mentioned.
B or understood where we were coming from when it was examined?

This is just an example of people taking things more seriously then they should.

There's no sense making a big stink out of problems that aren't even there.
I think by this point it's pretty clear that enough people interpreted it that way that I'm justified in saying that it's a problem.

That said, I'm pretty much done with the initial topic, interpretation changes based on expirience.

At this point I'm really just annoyed that everyone jumped on mog for seemingly holding the opinions of the plurality of this thread and the majority of the people who say it, and did it hard enough that he's left.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hmm, I think my point of view is that I can see where people would think it's **** without source material, but that the mod itself isn't really offensive enough to ragequit a thread 5eva.

iunno

on topic: fiora

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I got a pentakill with Fiora the other day in an ARAM. It was kinda nice.
I would've got two but scumbag Ryze.

I really like to play her, I just wish she had a fragment of CC.:applejack:

Leacero

Smash Lord
Her CC is doing mondo amounts of damage and doing a real-life fear on the player. They'll see their hp chunk and they'll be all like "WHUHUH I GOTTA RUN AWAY."

Life

Smash Hero
My first experience with Skarner was back the last time he was free, some friends did a custom-game ARAM and I got him and couldn't do anything.

/coolstories

MrEh

Smash Hero
I remember when Crystal Slash used to cost 15 mana and Impale was on a 20 second shorter cooldown.

Those were the days man.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I know someone who has managed to get away with AP Skarner top. It's really ridiculous and works. That's about all I see of him anymore.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
When you play a tanky character (shen/Zac), is there a point when you should stop building tank and build damage?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't miss Skarner, but I enjoy seeing top AP Skarners wreck.
It's hilarious.

@JTB: My conditions for usually optimizing damage over tank is when my team is steamrolling.
Except with Rammus. I enjoy surviving from impossible crap too much to ever stop building him like a gigantic brick wall.:applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Basically it works like this:

vs AP nidalee:

She misses a spear, you jump on her and spank her and she can't do anything about it. Heck, you can jump on her even if her spear is up because close range spears are lulz.
So would someone like Talon work? He has a similar deal, but specializes less in autoattacks. And he's more fun D:
I thought about picking Talon vs her but, I don't remember if I mentioned this, I went Syndra. It was ok at first, I could farm pretty well, and harass a bit, but I quickly learned that if I tried to stun her, and missed, she would jump on me and WRECK MY ****. She doesn't even need to land spears. And if I tried to poke her down, NOPE LOL it didn't do enough damage, and she just heals it off, while I run oom.
I think the thing that pisses me off most about Nid is that her cougar spells cost no mana, AND they charge tear. -_-

The AoE of her ult can do that much burst damage? Or was it glitched, and hit Nid with the targeted damage?

so uhh.. anyone here still play Skarner?
rammus or afk
I've seen a couple jungler Skarners get fed and become unstoppable monsters, but other than that he feels useless. And Rammus is pretty good, but his early game feels so weak, and I've taken a liking to Nautilus lately. I feel like Naut does everything Rammus does. He doesn't move quite as fast, but that doesn't really matter when you just boots of mobility into someone's lane, and land a hook or an ult easily. He also doesn't do as much damage lategame, but that's generally not your job as a tank. And Naut provides much more cc.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/24378-update-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-5-23-2013 I hadn't noticed this before... TF FINALLY getting a range indicator on his Q? He might get even MORE popular D:

MrEh

Smash Hero
When you play a tanky character (shen/Zac), is there a point when you should stop building tank and build damage?
Honestly, for someone like Zac who's W naturally scales with your opponent's HP anyway, you should rarely stop building tanky. Zac benefits more from huge amounts of CDR considering how his W works.

Unless like Espy said, you're stomping. Which in that case, Liandrys is funny.

Coney

Smash Master
u beat nid by having a strong all-in but most mid champs dont have a strong all-in

the real answer is that

most nidalees under a certain level will pounce all willy-nilly

if one pounces into farm (like, to hit a wave with her W) you IMMEDIATELY blow EVERYTHING on her before it comes back up

if they're not dumb enough to do that then you're screwed, she's too safe

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
in other news i finally got promoted to gold 1, won my series by playing Quinn with a support gragas, against OP pony
Quinn sucks though, I don't think I should play her AD anymore, it's impossible to stay alive in teamfights unless you build major bruiser :/

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
u beat nid by having a strong all-in but most mid champs dont have a strong all-in

the real answer is that

most nidalees under a certain level will pounce all willy-nilly

if one pounces into farm (like, to hit a wave with her W) you IMMEDIATELY blow EVERYTHING on her before it comes back up

if they're not dumb enough to do that then you're screwed, she's too safe
AP Trist her.

Niko45

Smash Master
3 tank items is generally the magic number imo. By the time everyone in the game is hitting 4 items dps is outscaling your tankiness anyway. You'll end up pouring 3K into an item only to withstand a few more autos from an adc. Better to like, hit them with a bork active or something at that point.

Ofc if ur team doesnt suck and generally has enough damage on carries/jungle to win then just continuing to build tank is just god mode.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So would someone like Talon work? He has a similar deal, but specializes less in autoattacks. And he's more fun D:
I thought about picking Talon vs her but, I don't remember if I mentioned this, I went Syndra. It was ok at first, I could farm pretty well, and harass a bit, but I quickly learned that if I tried to stun her, and missed, she would jump on me and WRECK MY ****. She doesn't even need to land spears. And if I tried to poke her down, NOPE LOL it didn't do enough damage, and she just heals it off, while I run oom.
Talon runs oom pretty fast if you spam skills, idk I don't play Talon.

All I know is I get ridiculously fed as Fiora against squishy mid champs like Nid.

GG smashboards mobile site, G effing G.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
“Yep, that tasted purple.” Remarked Lulu as she enjoyed what she thought was the gooey center of a tootsie-roll pop.

dsflkajslkdfajlklkjsd

Top Bottom