• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Anyway, does anyone know how the hell thornmail works and how I can counter it? Last night I was in a game and three people on the enemy team bought it (I was 6 BT fiora, no boots op) and I was still killing myself on it. lol
Armor pen and magic resistance? It does magic damage so magic resistance helps a lot against it. It's kinda designed with countering lifesteal in mind, contrary to the belief of people who just say "oh just lifesteal through it"

And man I forgot how fun Kogmaw is. Always getting kills with ult because people at my elo move so predictably.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
For a moment I thought there was a cap on life steal percent, but went ahead and checked the wikia and there isn't.

Also checked Thornmail, reflected damage is calculated before reduction and life steal is calculated after reduction so life steal will reduce but in a nut shell shouldn't overpower Thornmail. Unless someone's got some number ready.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I find it really surprising people think Corki is bad.
That ult buff makes him a real terror. Hello new rocket every 5 seconds with high CDR with a big one every THREE.
He would probably bit a lot closer to insane if his rockets did physical damage (synergy with blackcleaver after that would be ridiculous)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
... Corki kinda looks like Mario.

Edit: With goggles. And a plane.

Actually he doesn't really look like Mario at all.

Also thanks Asdioh and Geoberos for the Thornmail info. Might build Maw when I see people buy it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Also thanks Asdioh and Geoberos for the Thornmail info. Might build Maw when I see people buy it.
I tried searching "counter thornmail" on the LoL forums and I saw a lot of "build lifesteal" and "build armor pen" heh. Armor pen obviously helps but I think you'll still take a bunch of damage.
But yeah hexdrinker, wits end, probably good ideas against it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Got mog's answer on stream for my question, it's "I don't know, I think he's perfectly viable as an ADC because his base stats are really good and his base AS is just bananas, I think this is problematic because it's part of the reason he's so successful as an APC, he can just hit people".

Paraphased due to poor memory but main idea and pretty much matches my thoughts on him atm.

edit: Well I guess viable isn't the word for my opinions, I think he's really strong as an adc. Weaker scaling then some but a really good laner.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
(you're talking about kennen still right?)

I'm thinking about reevaluating Karma. Her winrate is still low, but it looks like she's taken as a support most of the time, and she's a pretty crappy support. I've seen her work well as tanky AP top, and I want to work on that. Build her similar to Elise. Her Q has 260 base damage in an aoe on a 5 second cooldown, that's a pretty darn good base. Her heal on W is pretty good right now if you build some health, and it might even be getting buffed if the PBE build goes through. Core items I'm thinking Sunfire, Zhonyas, (Athenes or Spirit Visage depending on how bad her mana problems are, and her mana cost on Q is being buffed on PBE as well) and Liandrys.
Also I think her W still works while she uses zhonyas :O

edit: karma ****ing blows never mind. Can't even survive against a yorick

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'll give you Cait and Urgot, but Ashe and Corki have AD-scaling skills on low cooldowns (eventually low, in Ashe's case) to make up for it. And Sivir has her ult.
Forever ago, but I havent been on since then so Im answering now lol. Those are AD Casters not AA steroids, completely different playstyle. I was just pointing out not having an AA steroid =/= bad. And Sivir I forgot her ult gives her AS.

Also, as an ADC player, Id say best ADCs atm are like (and not in a specific order) Caitlyn, Draven, Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Varus, and Vayne, right behind those guys are Ashe, Graves, Kog'Maw, Sivir, Tristana, and Twitch, Corki is kinda meh atm (hes not bad but I feel hes worse than basically every other adc by a slight gap) and Quinn is the worst adc because shes actually more of a bruiser anyway. Im not including Urgot because he doesnt really 'adc' he just goes bot lane, but if I had to rank his viability id say hes probably in the second group but towards the top of it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
:| Quinn is fine as an adc! She wins early game in most lanes (Caitlyn and Ashe are troublesome). Teamfighting is where she falls off. She's the best adc for picking people off though. So jungle warfare works well with her.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The problem I have with Quinn bot lane is that I NEED my support to be extremely aggressive, and they're usually not.
And Harrier ****ing hates me.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As someone who loves Quinn (I had a pic of her as an avi for like, a month and a half after her release even) shes pretty bad in the adc role in comparison to other adc's. Adc's need to be dealing the majority of raw damage in fights, and she just cant team fight well at all, so that right there is why shes the worst adc imo. While her laning is good, good laning =/= good character, just look at heimer or leblanc for example (not that either is awful, but theyre both definitely on the weak side). A lot of good adc's are also good in laning while still being a threat later, like Cait or Draven, and some are even bad (or less good) in laning like Vayne or Sivir. The problem with Quinn is that she relies WAY too much on early game dominance to be a late game threat, and quite frankly her kit doesnt work well enough for the adc in the current meta.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
(you're talking about kennen still right?
Ya, his trading in lane is really strong, has hard CC, and is pretty much undiveable, not to mention the offensive uses of the ult as a playmaker even if I'm behind. I think there's a fair number of APCs have great kits for ADCing but lack the base stats to support it. Well Kennen has the base stats to support it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
How to Quinn adc: do not have a team that relies solely on Quinn to damage (aka protect the carry comps). 3 damage threats (top, mid, and adc) usually work cause Quinn is good at expending all of a team's resources to be focused on herself, then the rest of her team cleans up. (Pretty much how i win my Quinn games that reach late game)

... Yea this comp is can also work with Quinn in top/mid too lol

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well I mean, that's sort of the point of having her top. Using her teemo-like laning phase while still having an ADC that doesnt you know, jump into people to escape.

If they wanna make her actually lane bot, I like the LOD idea of making her untargeted ablt during vault.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah Kennen works just fine as an adc.

And no one is saying you cant make Quinn work, but the fact that you need to basically custom fit a team for her otherwise she doesnt work is the reason shes the least best imo. Shes too situational or requires being in a completely different lane in order to do well.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Doesn't Quinn have the same base stats as Darius?

I love her to death but even Riot agreed she was rushed. A relaunched is already planned.

The only reason to play Quinn over instead of like, Vayne, is when you just want to split push and ignore your team.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How would you guys feel if Entropy (the dominion BF sword+phage item) made it into Summoner's Rift?
Entropy is -kinda- a worse version of spirit lizard thing (obviously with better stats due to being quite close to TWICE THE PRICE). Didn't have it's slow duration nerfed like the other phage items though. Would probably be built in Summoners Rift if it was there, unlike in dominion in which it just plainly isn't (assholes would get Lizard + Entropy.. i.e. ezreal players). But in terms of active it just tends to feel a little underwhelming. I guess I never really tried it more than a few times, perhaps the ease of hit confirming a 30% chance slow into the active is a pretty standard affair.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Relaunch Team
IronStylus also commented on the relaunch process as a whole, saying:
"...It's a big task, but we're up to it. The team is always growing, and it's changing. I'm taking on 3D currently, going to try to be a rounded character artist which can handle concept, modeling and texturing. We've recently nabbed a new animator. VFX is our bottleneck at the moment. They're an awesome team but VFX artists are hard to come by,
We'll grow, and we'll take on more. We currently have 2 big pushes we're on right now, and 2 more in the immediate afterwards of those. The thing is it's actually easier than champion development because we're not dealing with mechanics most of the time. The last relaunches have come with a host of kit reworks. That complicates things. When things are more explicitly VU's, that's when we have a lot of smooth sailing. Good case being Sivir. Mostly Visual changes, nothing balance related at least not that I'm aware of. The opposite example is Sion. He's a major project.
Relaunches can sometimes take less than 2 months to do. Champions can take 6 months to a year depending on how long each phase of ideation/pre-production/production is."

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
She doesn't need a relaunch, just a fix to E.

I always saw Quinn's E the same way i see gap closers. You can interupt them.. Quinn's E just takes too long when team fighting and won't help in a multidive. So prehaps speed it up depending on the number of visible nearby enemy champs? And when the enemy dashes of some sort, GG your position is under their turret. Need to have her return in the direction of the mouse cursor. This does give her a double dash towards her turret if she can E onto a enemy minion that she ran past though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I like her E in solo lanes when I can force proc her passive twice.

In team fights, eh, I usually change to valor in teamfights and run at the ADC if I'm not split pushing.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Off the top of my head, I can think of Rengar, Xerath, Heimer, and Sion as champions Riot has mentioned they want to rework or are currently reworking.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Riot can suck it. Better not mess with Sion. AD Sion AttackSpeed/Life Steal is <3.

Top Bottom