• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
It's really annoying because he just comes in, scores a few crits with his passive, and tada wins lane.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Is taking lifesteal quints and rushing IE (instead of the typical BT, or maybe bork) ok on most adcs? Or do you sacrifice too much ____?
Also just had an 0/11 Lord Mordekaiser on enemy team, the horror

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I see a few people take Lifesteal Quints, I guess it's ok because if you start Doran's Blade then you don't have to buy a Vamp Scepter on your first back. I would only rush IE on certain champs though, since BT is a better first buy on pretty much everyone except like... Ashe, Caitlyn, Tristana, Twitch and Kog'Maw.

Also:
also i have copies of dota2 to give away apparently

if anyone from here would like one

just PM me

That said, I'm fairly certain it's the actual game, unless the Dota Team is just trolling me hard.Someone on Gamefaqs just said it was the actual game so it should be k.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I can't wait for next patch so that bot lane no longer gets free golems to start with!
The only downside is no more easy cheesy stealing enemy blue with Syndra, by warding it after they head to wolves at 1:40 and grabbing it when they get the smiteless leash :c

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
New jungle paths are going to remind me of Season 1-2. I haven't done blue>wolves>wraiths>wolves/golems>red in such a long time. The memories! :applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Thinking about it again, that sounds like a really powerful passive rework. It's like a form of statikk shiv... I wonder if it will make Ashe see significant more play in solo queue.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive been saying they should make that EXACT change to Ashe's passive for months now.

Also, this makes her A LOT better. Like, a lot. Not OP by any means, but MUCH better than before. Definitely a top/high tier adc, probably top 5, if not very close.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
hey if we're going to be talking about useless women, I'd rather talk about team siren then ashe

imma siren

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Eh, even with that change, which will give her a stronger laning phase and a bit of a elongated team fight boon, I feel her being outweighed by other longer ranged ads just as capable of kiting (in the "I won't die and do tons of damage" type of way) will still be... there. Perhaps with the strongest lane engaging moments, we'll see her winning lanes more often and hence be Caitlyn-esque-ish maybe, which will put her as viable for sure... Eh, who knows.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So, what is this "suicide singed" you guys are talking about ? Anyone has a link or an explanation ?
Basically this diamond I guy proxies waves at level 1 and as the game goes on, he ends up proxying all three waves in the enemy base. He goes like, 2/9 every game but has like a 70% win rate.

I tried it the other day, but it doesn't seem to work unless mid and bot win lane (which they should since suicide singed immediately forces a reaction from enemy jungler and to a lesser extent, mid laner).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It only works because the guy who goes 0/4+ eventually becomes worth no gold, while still getting farm from minions and becoming hard as hell to kill because he's Singed. This wouldn't work in DotA because you lose a significant amount of gold when you die.

Though when I said "suicide Singed" on my team, I got a few guys who were just overestimating their tankiness and making dumb engages. Or doing the proxy singed thing, but he didn't seem to understand that feeding kayle = bad and getting kills = resets your gold value >_<

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The objective of Suicide Singed isn't to die as fast or as much as possible. That's why the guy who started it takes a ward on him with his starting gold.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Ok ok, so running tp ghost and going PvE the whole game.

This sounds like abusing the flaws in the actual meta, I kinda like it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm kinda confused because I haven't followed any stream showing it...

So basically singed goes through the enemy's turrets and farms creeps where? Dies after achieving what? Returns to which location?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'm assuming the Singed wards up and goes through the jungle to get between the turrets and just proxys. Even with no kills he will get farm and become the annoying singed everyone hates. It draws immediate responses from the jungler and forces him to adress singed. It only works if bot/mid lane can win lane because it basically attempts to remove the enemy junglers presence by forcing it to be all top lane. He also pushes top lane because of the lack of minions, and if he gets to the point where he can farm at their nexus he will push all the lanes by taking all 3 waves.

The guy who started it wards too? So he plays safe about it, sorta.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Correct. He always starts flask and a ward. He wards near the enemy red, so he can spot the jungler coming.

When the jungler comes, he'll kill himself on the tower when escape is impossible. Then he'll just teleport back into lane, push to the enemy tower, then proxy waves again.

MrEh

Smash Hero
That's a solution to stop the minions from pushing, but it draws more of the enemy team to the upper part of the map, which is sort of the point of proxy Singed in the first place. :(

Druiddroid, the player who invented proxy Singed, said that if he thinks that the enemy team will try to screw with his plan early game, he'll just lane normally at the start of the game to throw them off and then start proxying the waves later on.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Yeah if you manage to deal with proxying then you have to lane against Singed, so you either have to deal with a frustrating strategy or with a frustrating character : it's a lose-lose situation.

I like this more and more tbh.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Any recommendations for a good gaming mouse? my 20$ mouse is falling apart on me and I'm looking for something that will last longer/feel better in my hand.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
And while its not a gaming mouse and this is pretty cheep, I also have a wireless logitech mouse that looks like this that I got ages ago just to have a small, easy, portable mouse, and Ive NEVER over my 2+ years of having it had any connection issues and its always worked perfectly fine. Ive also never had to change the batteries. And I got it for $15 lol.

Its really small though and since its not a left or right handed mouse nor is it 'comfort fit' its not the most comfortable mouse by any means, but Ive personally never had any problems with it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I have an old wired dell mouse, with a right and left click, and a middle scroll wheel. Why would you need more than that, especially if you have to pay a decent chunk of money for it?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Uhh.. Send someone who can 1v2 bot.... As is the competitive meta...

Ranged AD and Support top.... Jungler can still focus on mid and bot (as is the meta)

????

Profit!

Watch out guys, singed is a real bad ass over here.... abusing people in an uncompetitive meta full of well known holes hence the reason why for lane switch ups in the first place.

That's as purple side though. Blue side already has an advantage...

Top Bottom