• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Player-3

Smash Hero
no, quinn is about as useful as heimerdinger with banner of command past the lane phase

she's a good laner but contributes nothing to teamfights, pretty much a ranged version of fiora

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Won 2 games and lost 4 tonight. All 4 I lost were me playing support.

First lost game, moron Volibear jungle, second lost game every lane failed hard and top fed Singed, third lost game top fed Singed (**** SINGED), forth lost game our caitlyn kinda sucked, but I think it's because we had AP Nidalee while they had Jax, so I think their team simply scaled a lot better than ours.

It seems to be that I get to my promos, then I lose two games due to complete morons. Why do some people play this game?

No matter! I will complete my promos tomorrow! This is my 4th time trying to get to Silver II after dropping to Silver III yesterday!

Fun fact, the last 8 games I have played support, I have lost. Clearly the solution is that I have to go top lane as Fiora.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
no, quinn is about as useful as heimerdinger with banner of command past the lane phase

she's a good laner but contributes nothing to teamfights, pretty much a ranged version of fiora
every time i play against a quinn i get excited, because i think they'll be good and i can learn something new. i think she's a cool champion in design.

but they're always useless. even if they beat me in lane, they do nothing in teamfights.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Are provisional matches supposed to be this depressing? All 4 of my losses have been from either 1-2 people dcing all match or one lane feeding horridly.

help plz, I don't want to start in bronze, I've heard stories.
I started in Bronze due to DC's in my placements, and Bronze league is free as hell, its not hard at all lol. I think I only lost 2 games total out of the 18 it took to get out lol.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Have a good enough connection to start playing ranked again, first time since the end of season two.
Halfway through my placement matches, opponents have been Gold V - Gold IV. Still filled with trolls. Not surprised in the least.

Niko45

Smash Master
Meh, floundering in gold. Win one lose one. I'm doing ok, but not ok enough to carry teammates who aren't doing ok. How 2 get better. :(

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Eh, if I have time to play soon, I can duo w/ you Espy. I realistically won't be playing much of any ranked alone, so I might as well try to do the impossible and carry you out of gold :p

Leacero

Smash Lord
zz just play whoever you have fun with and learn how to play the champion to the fullest unless it's someone utterly useless like fiora or quinn you can get wherever you belong with them

see: me and my throbbing man-boner for mordekaiser even though he's ****ing trash l0l
ok, THAT'S IT.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Need some input, started playing ranked again now that I have the time. Started in like silver 2, dropped down to 3 and then got back up to silver 1. I was getting like 26 points and only losing about 13-15, so it was pretty easy to get to silver 1. Now I'm silver 1 and as soon as i got here I've been winning and losing 4-5 LP at a time. I have about a 65% winrate in ranked, but this grind is killllling me. Is it my MMR? or is it always like this when your about to go up a division? I'd figure my MMR would be higher since I win fairly often. My friend was in the same shoes and after he finally hit gold he said he was getting 20 LP a win again. #soloqblues

john!

Smash Hero
this system is designed to put you in the same place you would be with the old system. that's why it modifies your LP changes based on hidden MMR (essentially forcefully "nudging" you towards your MMR-equivalent division). the only reason they added it was to give you a sense of accomplishment and progress for moving up a division.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
The game clamps you LP gain if it thinks you're too high.
I thought if that was the case, then your LP gained would be significantly less than LP lost. Both are the same for me right now. This just feels like a way to make getting promotions drag on forever instead of trying to prevent people from getting lucky advancements. Either way I guess I just gotta grind it out =/

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
As you get to the top, it goes down a little, I think anecdotal evidence only.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'd just like to say aram doesn't help me. It actually annoys me more when the other team has a support or someone like cait and nidalee on the other team.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Baiscally any team with Sona, Lux, Jayce, Nidalee, Caitlyn, Kog'Maw, or Blitzcrank in ARAM should win. If ARAM had a Draft mode (lol) those guys would all be pretty much perma-banned, with the remaining one usually first picked. Although, due to the amount of OP champs, I could totally see the Purple team throwing bans leaving at least 3 open to grab the remaining 2 right away as well.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Well in Dota they have a mode where you get one strength, one agility, and one intelligence hero and you pick one of those three to play.

Maybe something like that could work for LoL but I dunno what the categories could be.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id still have Gragas for ARAM since hed never be banned. Hes so god damn good in ARAM lol. The poke, the sustain, the tankyness, the range, DAT ULT. Ive actually never lost an ARAM when Ive been able to get him, its great.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Gragas in general works in ARAM. Hes has almost anything you could ask for really (aside from ranged autos and a global ult lol).

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
TIL that it doesn't matter if the enemy team in aram is full of pokers as long as they stay packed together.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
A team of 5 squishies against hecarim Malphite and urgot to an extent that're tanky and have three strong initiators and a support, compared to ashe having to land arrow afar for a long stun and ori ult.
I wonder why you guys won...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I looked up that game and Lux had 8 deaths, thats waaaaaay too many for a Lux. She was obviously not playing safe at all. On top of that, Slush is right. She also only had 6 kills, which is completely awful, Lux should be getting AT LEAST that many from her Q poke alone, not to mention all the ones from her ult. Its not that they were packed together, its that they didnt play safe enough and Lux didnt play safe enough to constantly stay alive and poke all day.

Lux should literally only die like, 3-4 times max in an ARAM unless it goes to 30-35+ mins where she should only die 1 or 2 times more. There's a reason Lux has the 5th highest Win Rate in ARAM and wins slightly over 60% of the time.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah yeah, get at my bronze lvl mmr. Of course they were bad if I managed to catch 3-4 of them with each ult, but it still feels good when your team doesn't go full ****** just because they get poked to <50% health before lvl 6.

@P3 : I won't tell anyone but I'll watch you. At what time do you cast ?

Coney

Smash Master
i feel like if you play enough and you're good enough with them you can get to high elo with any champion except like...ten maybe?

EDIT - actually more like 5

Top Bottom