• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Is it because you hate them Mog?
It's because you hate them.
Internal Riot conflict go.

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ
:applejack:

Vyke

Smash Champion
Dude, I have an enormous amount of respect for Phreak having to put up with so much meme **** revolving around him. I couldn't imagine being a red name with Riot in my tag and solo queueing.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
having a riot in your name should improve team morale, people are more likely to play serious if someone with authority is watching (or with a known high level player)

D

Deleted member

why didn't riot change rumble's e to match rumble's q change?

his E is now completely krap for damage

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
lol, I know they are, I'm just saying, I've duoed with plenty of friends with Riot tags and it's shocking how often people do that stuff.
Wow, people.

I mean, asking seriously makes more sense here cause you actually know us and even here we're just joking. People have the social graces of a wet carpet.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I think Nunu top still works, but you can't pick him into anyone and anything anymore.
They didn't touch Ice Blast, and that's half the reason he works top to begin with. Consume changes mean you can actually be forced out of lane by big bullies though, at least that's what I was finding in trying it out post change. So I guess you can't pick him into garbage like Teemo and expect to be totally fine anymore, but a lot of people still can't compete with Consume + Ice Blast.
I love the change to consuming jungle creeps though. The extra 10% health (14% health if you go deep defensive tree) and 1% health damage on attacks/spells is really good. You hit like 4k+ health lategame, Bloodboil yourself and go around smacking people for the big deeps. Willump smacks are easily one of my favorite attack animations.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Got to Silver III last night~

I have no idea why, but my Soraka has a 80% win rate out of 30 games. I think Soraka's late game is significantly better than most supports.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I love Soraka. I had to pick up another support if the other team picked Lulu, and man oh man I love her. :applejack:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
espy, you need help. and this is coming from a xerath player, the definition of not understanding fun. You love soraka support, you really really need help.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That's known, lol. She's def one of the strongest lategame supports.
I didn't know this until recently, especially since I almost never see her, even after her VU. I always thought she was picked for her infinite sustain laning, which goes well especially with pushes like Sivir/Cait etc
But then I saw how hard she made killing teammates in a few games and I learned very quickly.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I like Janna lategame more personally because she keeps everybody alive with her insane peeling ability, but Soraka's ability to keep yurt team alive with more or less brute force is very strong. The huge heals, resistances, and of course clutch silences are so effective.

Niko45

Smash Master
I've been meaning to pick up soraka but I don't practice support too much. I just go op sona every game I have to support. Can't lose bot lane.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I like Janna lategame more personally because she keeps everybody alive with her insane peeling ability, but Soraka's ability to keep yurt team alive with more or less brute force is very strong. The huge heals, resistances, and of course clutch silences are so effective.
This so much, Janna is likely my favorite support. Such a playmaker and very fun/rewarding.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I find Janna is hard to keep up with the power creep of characters in today's age. Her ult knocking people out when every champion who's diving your carry at this point comes with seven blinks.

In other words, single target slow isn't saving your carry much anymore. The AD caster is still going to get off their full combo.
Ult doesn't slow anymore and it's size of knockback was reduced. Every character has blinks longer range than her knock back.
Q v-good still but not as effective universally (less channel characters because why have a channel on god-tier amazing abilities when it can blink during that time instead? > University PhD Doctorate in Riot Champion Design).
Shield breaking AD bonus in lane was needed, but in terms of team fights it's usage is counter productive now (Save your carry and or give him AD [and waste the shield]...). It's a bit too good for sieging towers with caitlyn though. ****ing ***** caitlyn.

Like if fiddlesticks was released new right now. His channel would come with cc-immunity and would probably guarantee every single tick of his ultimate will damage someone by locking him onto a target.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
man, draven/leona dominates me as ez/lulu bot, goes 12-1

team remains confident and we win 20 minutes later

feels good having people that dont give up

Top Bottom