• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
How are kogmaw and sivir in solo queue? I'm finding the most success playing ADC and I want to expand my pool

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
How're you having success with AD. Especially in solo queue?
Whenever I go twitch... no AD in general, I lose 9/10 times.

Wait... blue ez in literally every game, forget I asked.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Idk I'm just really good at team fighting

Plus blue side ezreal is pretty much a free win, go ham as soon as you hit two and enjoy first blood

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yeah Ive been having great success as ADC in solo queue. I actually have a 100% win rate with both Caitlyn and Varus atm of whom Ive played a combined total of 12 games (Ive only played like, 18 or so ranked games in total mind you).

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Sivir is really strong on heavy pushing teams or teams with strong teamfights just because how well she pushes and how much utility she brings.

Kog hyper carries if your team will peel for you. Good luck with that in Solo que. Zed is the bane of Kog though.

Coney

Smash Master
they HAD to have some kind of stealth change somewhere with normal q this patch

i'm playing with the same pool of 30 people constantly with several diamonds every game, before i was playing with silvers and golds pretty regularly, having a lot more fun now

anyone else feeling this?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I dunno. I've been getting a lot of diamond players in Normal queue. Whether it be my team or not, but either way I'm losing most of my games regardless of which team has the diamond while I'm slowly losing interest in league.

Someone motivate me again.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
just lost a pentakill to my support janna

i am DOOMED TO NEVER GET A PENTA BECAUSE SCUMBAG SUPPORTS

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Need nice people to play with me plox :(

I'm good at mid, best at Support, cool at Jungle and decent at Top.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I've had around 4 stolen from me, only one official penta as kog and like 3 unofficials as quinn. Sometimes it just takes too long to fly to the nexus to get the last kill.

I had this wu penta stolen from me after a dragon fight. We caught kha out of position and i picked up the kill, got a perfect ult on the other four of them. killed like 2 legitimately and ticked one with ignite + elder lizard burn. I flash e to the ez with <50 hp for the penta and vlad casually just e's while i'm mid jump.

No ****ing response from my team other than vlad saying "drag 25:00" -.-

Does anyone else have those games were you just cant seem to get any kills? Like play great, dont die, but only picking up asists. I went 3/2/16 as adc kog and it was probably the most frustrating thing I've ever experienced. If i had just a couple of those kills I could have finished my core before major teamfights started.

john!

Smash Hero
^ i think that is a skill that some high elo players have developed. i remember seeing hotshot do this several times back in the day... he would activate cat nidalee's q and wait for his team to get the enemy low before finishing them with takedown. it's definitely harder to carry if you get bad luck with finishing blows, although it's kind of a **** move unless you know you can carry harder than your team

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I had an awful night of ranked tonight, 5 losses, 2 wins. Got demoted to Silver III after working so hard to get to Silver II :<

Trash ADC's who keep getting hit by bad skill shots though. Like, who gets hit by Nami's Q, like, ever?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Oh man is Lee Sin style build fun. I can't remember the last time I've caught myself laughing so much durring a game of League.

Player-3

Smash Hero
queue up for game 1 in promo series

qtpie on my team

i get zhonyas on trundle he gets zhonyas on urgot

he plays with his feet

????

enemy surrenders at 20

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I had just dumb stuff last night in ranked. I think I ended up going 1-3 in games.
It sucks when your bot lane gives a Draven 4 kills before you can even finish red. :< :applejack:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just bought Nami and I don't think I'll regret it. Aside from pretty heavy mana costs early on, she's a beast.

also grats

What are some lanes I should definitely not take Nami in? Like I probably wouldn't want her against thresh/blitz, but they're permabanned so yeah.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It was a bad day for ranked for me. 3 loses.. Bronze III too hard

Just bought Nami and I don't think I'll regret it. Aside from pretty heavy mana costs early on, she's a beast.

also grats

What are some lanes I should definitely not take Nami in? Like I probably wouldn't want her against thresh/blitz, but they're permabanned so yeah.
Nami is fine against anyone. TBH the only support i don't like laning against is Leona. I'd rather fight blitzcrank/thresh. Thresh's only threat to me is when the jungler camps bot lane with lantern ganks.

Nami's mana costs aren't really a problem for me. But I level E > W > Q cause E = 100% Q land rate. My favorite adc with Nami is Ezreal as his Q will get the slows started.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Any smashers entering that surrender at 20 tournament?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Can't link it because I'm mobile, but its ionia6 or something like that on surrender at 20

Signups end wednesday

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Are provisional matches supposed to be this depressing? All 4 of my losses have been from either 1-2 people dcing all match or one lane feeding horridly.

help plz, I don't want to start in bronze, I've heard stories.

john!

Smash Hero
in bronze, ppl generally have no concept of personal safety, so you should play a kill lane and dominate your laning opponent and get super fed and carry (e.g. mid/top lane assassins)

in silver, ppl know not to walk into their deaths in lane (most of the time) so you should play a power farmer and outfarm your lane and win that way (e.g. mord, karthus, ad carry)

in gold, ppl start to get good at farming, so you should play a hero that can control the map and gank other lanes (e.g. TF, evelynn, junglers)

in plat you should just play your best role as often as possible and hope you are good enough at it to reach diamond (very few players are diamond level at multiple roles)

obviously there are a ton of exceptions... but these are the best strats at each level from what i've seen

Player-3

Smash Hero
in bronze, ppl generally have no concept of personal safety, so you should play a kill lane and dominate your laning opponent and get super fed and carry (e.g. mid/top lane assassins)

in silver, ppl know not to walk into their deaths in lane (most of the time) so you should play a power farmer and outfarm your lane and win that way (e.g. mord, karthus, ad carry)

in gold, ppl start to get good at farming, so you should play a hero that can control the map and gank other lanes (e.g. TF, evelynn, junglers)

in plat you should just play your best role as often as possible and hope you are good enough at it to reach diamond (very few players are diamond level at multiple roles)
zz just play whoever you have fun with and learn how to play the champion to the fullest unless it's someone utterly useless like fiora or quinn you can get wherever you belong with them

see: me and my throbbing man-boner for mordekaiser even though he's ****ing trash l0l

john!

Smash Hero
zz just play whoever you have fun with and learn how to play the champion to the fullest unless it's someone utterly useless like fiora or quinn you can get wherever you belong with them

see: me and my throbbing man-boner for mordekaiser even though he's ****ing trash l0l
well sure, some players prefer to do that, and obviously you're usually gonna stomp people at your skill level if you're way more experienced with your champ than they are with theirs... i'm just saying what i think are the optimum strats for each level, for ppl who don't really have any role/champion preferences

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Scary stuff: Rengar ult + Zac jump + Ali WQ combo
Me and Vayne got ***** from almost offscreen, it was kind of a thing of beauty, considering they timed it so well in solo queue

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Quinn is amazing, not useless.

Only sucks when you E and they dash/lantern under turret :[

I love getting dive comps in ARAM. Sword of divine on twitch is silly

Top Bottom