• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Very nice.

Got Naut, regret nothing. His ganks are so ridiculously good, and once you get your ult you literally just walk into lane with mobi boots from wherever you want and get a guaranteed kill. Won with him, I'm in gold 3 now :bee:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Normals are weird, been getting a lot of Plat 5 and Gold 1-3 people despite being at Silver 1 since I haven't bothered to get into gold yet seriously.
Now recent game I got a Diamond 5 enemy while my support was a bronze and Jayce a Gold 1... that builds Liandry's on him.

Something must be wacky with MMR right now for these random leagues.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Very nice.

Got Naut, regret nothing. His ganks are so ridiculously good, and once you get your ult you literally just walk into lane with mobi boots from wherever you want and get a guaranteed kill. Won with him, I'm in gold 3 now :bee:
I've been playing Naut for a long time now, and the recent buffs put him over the top imo. He got all he needed: base armor increase and better cd on his shield.

"mid or feed" is the worst way to walk into a ranked team select. Just dropped into silver 5 because our last pick didn't get mid.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Did full ap nautilus mid.

Was hilarious, his Damage is actually pretty funny.

Completely dominated mid and cs game long

Lost anyway because #normals

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Is it normal to run into the worst teams when you're near the cusp of promotion? It's pretty demoralizing that I can't even quality for promotion into gold. I feel like garbage because other people can just carry their way out, but I just can't seem to do it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I like doing jungle Graves in normals.
I went 6/1/1, then proceeded to lose because I'm jungle Graves.
Early ganks are hilarious. :applejack:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
AFAIK normal MMR and ranked MMR are separate.
I remember reading some Riot posts talking about how they didn't like the idea of someone who only plays solo queue (so someone who's in the gold or higher areas for example) "randomly" playing normals and being queued with people significantly lower than them. I thought they said something about integrating all your MMRs in some way to alleviate that happening.

Niko45

Smash Master
Is it normal to run into the worst teams when you're near the cusp of promotion? It's pretty demoralizing that I can't even quality for promotion into gold. I feel like garbage because other people can just carry their way out, but I just can't seem to do it.
Spam something overpowered. TF is the most free ticket out. Easy to play, never banned, pubstomps harder than anything actually banned. Renekton and Khazix honorable mention.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I would like to play with a decent group of people here... I'm tired of bad teammates. Last night was horrible. And playing as support, I can't do as much as I would like to when the chemistry and teamwork is so poor. I think last night's game was a "trololol" game considering we were doing so bad (14 to 40~) and 3 people (which were terrible) were not willing to surrender even though our fate of losing was set in stone lol

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Full Tank Renekton Quadra Kill. Played the entire game as clean-up tank Renekton because my team charged blindly into battle without me.

Thornmail made fighting their full AD team (minus a bad AP mid) hilarious. Fiora killed herself auto-attacking me, AD Garen was close to the same, every single fight I just slashed over to the AD carry and ko'd him.

What is the game coming to lol.

Lost the game because of silly 4 v 5 teamfights.

First game as Leblanc, was 12/0 and carrying hard. Did not matter as I had 12/15 kills to that point, and we were down 24-15 (not lost yet, but getting their). I was the entire offence. Ended up at 16/2/5 because i tried to get other lanes kills to get back into it. Lost the game and just face palmed because , even losing I was 2 hit ko'ing the my lane / their adc and shredding their tank. Games like this make me want to retire lol. Apparently cannot carry hard enough, except for when I go back to face-rolling with Darius top, or Swain mid.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Here is a good advice : never play lol on friday night if you don't have friends to fill your team.
Friday night is like the worst time of the week to play.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Wizidross/lol_champs_by_ulti

Pretty damn fun. I only managed 93/113, and for the most part, I'm glad that most of the ones I missed were because I don't ever touch/see those champs. Kinda sad I missed a few though (Wukong, Blitzcrank, and Skarner, since they should've been kinda easy).
Got 106/113 without even having to cheat, get at me.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I got 107/113... I also missed Wukong, even though I play him. :|
Missed Alistar too, even though I was staring at it forever and thinking "I'm sure I play this character sometimes"
Stared at Viktor's ult for a while and I would've remembered it except I forgot he existed for a while.

Vyke

Smash Champion
That's because I know your hidden potential. Also, I saw you were in my League Division, I'm like 7 points below you, haha.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
sooo I dunno if I'm just crazy or what, but Cho with a 21/9/0, AS/AP/Armor/MRes spec maxing E > W > Q still feels like a god top lane by just right clicking on people. I just don't get how this character's winrate is not absurd, he feels so insane to me :(. Johnny, care to help me out? I feel like I really need some help understanding why Cho isn't OP...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Had 3 friends with me when I first tried it. With all our minds combined, we actually got them all with just 6 seconds left hahaha. We went into the last one with like, just under 30 seconds left, and it was was Xeraths and we had no ****ing idea what it was and literally started going through the champion list and when we scrolled to the bottom saw Xerath and tried it and it worked. High fives and shouting commenced and we felt good about ourselves for about 17 seconds.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
sooo I dunno if I'm just crazy or what, but Cho with a 21/9/0, AS/AP/Armor/MRes spec maxing E > W > Q still feels like a god top lane by just right clicking on people. I just don't get how this character's winrate is not absurd, he feels so insane to me :(. Johnny, care to help me out? I feel like I really need some help understanding why Cho isn't OP...
I was wondering the same thing, after getting anally ***** by a Cho maxing E when I tried to play Malphite once. That ****** was really good at aiming his spikes, could barely even farm.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I got them all with 1:13 to spare.

Got 106/113 in the first 11 minutes. After that I pulled up the League wiki to have the faces in front of me.

The 7 that eluded me until I saw faces were Hecarim, Sion, Rumble, Talon, Kennen, Evelynn and (surprisingly), Malzahar.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Sooooooooooooooooo i've started playing this game a lot more recently. I dont really have anyone on my friends list besides some locals. Theres still a lot of things I dont know yet, but i've played dota on and off since ~2004 and im pretty good at dota2. All you really need to know is that my lux and blitz are god-tier.

Add me up: CrumbsMcGee

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wow.
You seriously used a LIST to help you?
Unbelievable. That's like a high school test with a word bank. You're practically given the answer.
I'm ashamed. :applejack:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Wow.
You seriously used a LIST to help you?
Unbelievable. That's like a high school test with a word bank. You're practically given the answer.
I'm ashamed. :applejack:
Tell me more about how I still got 106 without any help, which is why I provided both "scores".

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll tell ya more about how you eagerly punked out by ravenously lapping up the answers to the other 7 like a starving, yellow bellied dog in the Bronx. Uttterly disgraceful. :applejack:

Top Bottom