• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
NA scene isn't actually horrible, in my opinion. I think the general problem is that teams seem to rely too much on individual playmaking and specific gimmicks, and not so much on proper teamwork. The talent is definitely there, though, and there could be a breakthrough really soon. But it's not very likely to come from the NA LCS because of the format.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Wow.
You seriously used a LIST to help you?
Unbelievable. That's like a high school test with a word bank. You're practically given the answer.
I'm ashamed. :applejack:
List as in we had League of Legends open on someones CPU, and we went to the Champions section in your profile and just looked at the pictures. And even if it was cheating a bit, idc, cuz we did it :3c

Player-3

Smash Hero
but if the na scene is horrible then me getting challenger means nothing what am i even trying to accomplish anymore

ss118

Smash Master
Hey guys I just started streaming. Even if you don't want to watch(understandable lol) I would still like it if you cam in and just commented on the quality of the stream. TY!
twitch.tv/articanus

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I'm gonna start streaming soon and taking my clothes off for all my gay fans out there.

Also hopefully kicking ass and raging a bit.

It will be highly entertaining all around.

Niko45

Smash Master
So idk if anyone has suggested this before, but what about attaching a gold/exp amplifier to the smite summoner spell? Similar to hand of midas in dota. Wouldn't this allow junglers to actually keep pace with laners without creating huge imbalances with laners starting wolves/wraiths? I just feel like it's so lame that junglers just all universally build cost efficient tank/cdr items because they can't realistically get farmed.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Eh, I think the meta is moving to compensate. Junglers need to take lane xp to keep up, and tend to come in and **** your lane so they get to 6 quickly (and you get to hear the ******** while from 10 minutes onwards that asshole was going to take your wolves/wraiths every 60 seconds for the rest of the ****ing game). At least this scenario is slightly better than season 2. Also the jungler items available are pretty amazing though and the reason it's the universal build paths is because of their gold efficiency and convenience.

I think the issue comes down to counter jungling being awkward as well. Nearly every jungler is hurting their own personal gold/xp to counter jungle another (so it's generally a lose lose situation in which if either of you counter jungle then you have level 4 junglers at 8 minutes... which is dumb). So jungler's skill related "extended gold incomes" have been kicked out of the game at a solo queue level. Getting dragon early (Shaco/Nunu/Nasus) is actually putting you personally behind in gold/xp but benefits the entire team as compensation...

The reason it is the way it is now is Riot's purposeful balancing. Riot wanted Jungling to be a less gold-dependant pseudo-supporting styled role.
However, with all these "meta", comes the extremely ****ing good thing for junglers which is EVERYONE IS ALWAYS PUSHING TO THE ENEMY TURRET. which is basically constantly setting you up to help push down a tower or gank an over extended lane. I think the power of junglers this season because of this is soooooooooo much better than what we had in season 2.

Player-3

Smash Hero
how is ggu fun to watch at all

they're so bad literally every game they win makes me wonder how hard they rig these LCS games

and the fact they are actually going to replace jintae with shiphtur even though jintae is the ONLY REASON THEY STOPPED BEING LAST PLACE is hillarious

bassem6

Smash Lord
How are they bad? Zionspartan is a beast, mashme is pretty good, Nintendude seems to be good at smite stealing baron, Daydreamin is really awesome with his creative supports and his playmaking supports and Jintae landed some sick orianna ulties. They obviously arent as experienced as some of the other teams but that didnt stop them from taking 2nd at the LCS playoffs. The talent is there. I was honestly scared for TSM during that 5th game because it seemed like either team could win it up until that dragon fight where oddone stole drag.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
how is ggu fun to watch at all

they're so bad literally every game they win makes me wonder how hard they rig these LCS games

and the fact they are actually going to replace jintae with shiphtur even though jintae is the ONLY REASON THEY STOPPED BEING LAST PLACE is hillarious
so I take it you didn't watch today or yesterday or the day before at all? GGU's been playing really solid professional LoL this week.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
For real. The only time I kinda cringed at GGU's gameplay was after TSM stole that dragon in game five. I've never seen a team crumble so hard.
They're fairly fresh at doing so well and getting so far, so it wouldn't surprise me if they just cracked under the pressure. :applejack:

What's The Point

Smash Master
The games GGU won were mostly the other team besting themselves.

Dig did the most noobish self-baited Baron and got wiped for it. Twice. I don't remember Crs but it's Crs stop they had to get 4th. In the two TSM games Regi made a terrible call and put TSM at a horrible disadvantage.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I did watch them mogwai and Im only impressed by jintae

Zion just cleans up after jintae plays

O nintendude is good at smiting too

That post came out more volatile than intended I was drinking alot last night wOOps

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nobody wants to play LoL with me T_T
Be on at 11:00 PM tonight?

I like oddone's 0 ganks in the playoffs but farmed cho just too unstoppable.
I always get yelled at when I try this.

I want to play, "Farm the jungle" with a character once and a while but then I get yelled at because I don't go for ganks and people keep dying.

Niko45

Smash Master
Yes that is the issue however my outlook is that those players are bad and would just throw their lanes if you ganked for them anyway so u might as well do whatever you want.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I like oddone's 0 ganks in the playoffs but farmed cho just too unstoppable.
With how every friggin lane starts with at least a ward or two now, and counterjungling being so unpopular and hard to justify through exp/gold gained, I can't really blame him. Sometimes when I'm playing, I just say "screw it" to ganking because there's just way too many wards lying around for me to try much.

The only characters I've been having a lot of luck ganking with recently are the ones with movespeed. Or Wukong. It's frustrating. Sometimes I'll just run to a lane with a low health enemy just to pressure them at tower and try to take it.

:applejack:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
once upon a time(actually like a week ago), I talked with a friend of mine of an idea: what if they made a champ who had an ability to convert an enemy turrent to your control for a few seconds? would that screw things up, or be a nice addition?

also, I think I may have some dedicated mains right now: Tristy, Rumble, Garen, Ashe, and Lux(Poppers, Alistar, Annie and Teemo as 2nds). Yay me.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I actually haven't bought one, but I kinda want to. I am used to tower diving in dota and i really don't like the tower mechanics in LoL. Is it worth it? How coordinated does the team have to be before its viable?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's probably totally not worth it.
I just do it because I'm Poppy whenever I buy it. :applejack:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
At least it gives some decent stats. Not really cost efficient stats, but if you use the active i guess its worth it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
At least it gives some decent stats. Not really cost efficient stats, but if you use the active i guess its worth it.
It actually is efficient. It's just not common because not everyone wants the stats it give.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Is it? I guess I'm still not used to the cost system in this game.

red ryu i added you, but i cant play atm. Just played one with my friend that went ~1hr. Gotta finish this HW, or at least make a solid dent, before i play more

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
lissandra looks pretty fun

also mogwai with those pro baiting skills on jax all the way from dragon to tower, i bet you couldnt have done that with anyone but lissandra ;)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Lissandra looks like what Karma wishes she could be, but with more offensive utility rather than team utility.
Damaging skillshot slow Q... close-range root W, utility E... it's a CONSPIRACY.
...though I guess the Karma buffs this patch might make her worth trying again. I still can't believe I only tried her for like a day and then gave up on her, after looking forward to the rework for about a year.

Top Bottom