• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Makes him tankier and increases his damage output. I don't see why not. Some people aren't fans of the item on him but I think it works perfectly fine.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Jax is stronk, specially with the Jaximus skin. Just went 5-0 as top Jax, and it was GG at 20. I was like 2v1ing and won those fights. Ussi was there, it was pretty sick

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
How the hell did you win as Jax top?
I've had sooo many games where my ally Jax went top, and 100% of the time he got dunked.

Seriously, what the hell happened to get your Jax to win? :applejack:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
He used to be out of control, then they nerfed him a bit too hard, but they've been slightly buffing him over time, so he's in a pretty decent place right now.

Coney

Smash Master
he's like a lot of tops in that he kinda sucks early but if you can hold on long enough you'll start winning trades, and once you start winning trades if you play right you can start destroying your opponent

D

Deleted member

i think jax is very strong post-6 he obliterates some top tier laners like riven although he does lose early to a good number

Coney

Smash Master
how do u feel about cho/jax

i've destroyed every cho i've faced in that MU just because you can dodge lots of **** but, none of them were really good or anything

also there are little things as satisfying int his game as being forced to support, saying "u guys better not suck," having them suck, getting BLAMED for bot losing, then getting the guy that blamed u next game and completely ****** them

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
How the hell did you win as Jax top?
I've had sooo many games where my ally Jax went top, and 100% of the time he got dunked.

Seriously, what the hell happened to get your Jax to win? :applejack:
Vast majority of Jax players I see dominate. Would it be safe to call him a pubstomper?

how do u feel about cho/jax

i've destroyed every cho i've faced in that MU just because you can dodge lots of **** but, none of them were really good or anything

also there are little things as satisfying int his game as being forced to support, saying "u guys better not suck," having them suck, getting BLAMED for bot losing, then getting the guy that blamed u next game and completely ****** them
On the opposing team? That's hilarious. I don't recall ever seeing the same player ingame twice, but I imagine it's a bit more common at high ELO?

edit: just read mogwai's blog in the op, good stuff

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Watchin you jpak, dat orianna and blue ignite lol

Oh and Naut jungle, this looks to be an exciting game.

Edits:

So many philos on the opposing team

Lawdy, roaming jpak taric.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Tried Olaf for the first time, was really fun. Did use him in the jungle, but man he hits like a bus full of fat people.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I honestly cannot comprehend how people can reach level 30, intentionally choose ranked games, and be far worse than anything I have seen in normals since I was like level 5. It's just mindblowing. I'm not even upset, because it's a video game, but it's just so weird.

Brand said "**** this i'm gonna feed" right before game started, after game started he said "sorry that was my mate BUT OH MAN AM I LAGGING" then proceeded to complain about lag all game before dying and DCing at level 5. Then I had to go against fed Ahri mid as Junglebear and it was a joke. Meanwhile, bot lane were both like 0/5. I just spent the game chatting with the enemy team, and they felt bad for the two competent players on my team. Then we lost at like 16 minutes and it was kinda fun.

Every ranked game so far has been an adventure. I'm 5 down, went loss/win/loss/win/loss.

edit: just randomed my champ in select because "disconnected from pvpnet" glitch made it look like it wasn't my turn to pick or something. Time to jungle Nunu, at least he's a good jungler right?
nvm summoner 3 left. it's always summoner 3.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So just finished a game.. i was jungle Nautilus..

Our team was: Olaf top, Graves + Leona bot, Galio mid, and me Nautilus jungle

We had less kills at the end but we won the game in the end...

attack speed is amazing on Nautilus for jungling.. so wits end is a good choice.

our initiation was Leona ult > my ult > Galio ult

Also i need to stop playing LoL past 1am... I completely forget to buy gp5 on jungle nautilus....

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I was just thinking about this yesterday, that now I feel really good about getting a Kage's early-ish, for AP/gold, then turning it into a Morello's later. But I never thought DFG was a Lux item...

Vyke

Smash Champion
So a friend wants to build Witt's End on jungle Naut... Am I being too close minded here?
Wit's End synergizes very well with Nautilus. The extra damage stacks with his W shield ticks. More swings with W up means more damage as well, not to mention even faster creep clearing.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

7th ranked game. Luck of the draw. I helped Vayne get fed, their teemo and riven were awful, Riven kept saying "wtf" in all chat whenever she died and eventually "wtf they see us in bush"

I... am going to go walk my dog...

btw I've never looked up a guide on how to play support Nunu. I just level E and W, help carry harass/kill opponents, get philo stone then HoG then boots, lots of wards, build random **** and usually win. Is there any specific item build that's amazing on Nunu or is it just generic support stuff?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
All supports build same:

gp5 + boots 1 + wards > aegis + boots2 + wards > upgrade gp5 + wards > moar wards > wards still

that's a support build. Always leave 1 spot open for wards.. always buy wards... ward the map forever. Triple gp5 + aegis + boots usually does well..

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just fought a Ryze as Poppy. All he had was Tear, Glacial Shroud, Sorc Shoes, and a Catalyst, and I exploded before I could even blink.

How the hell? :applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Was it your first time fighting a Ryze after the changes done to his skills (less mana ratio, more ap ratio)? I haven't yet, but that's my theory.

Player-3

Smash Hero
All supports build same:

gp5 + boots 1 + wards > aegis + boots2 + wards > upgrade gp5 + wards > moar wards > wards still

that's a support build. Always leave 1 spot open for wards.. always buy wards... ward the map forever. Triple gp5 + aegis + boots usually does well..
maybe if you're playing soraka

Top Bottom