• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Lovage

Smash Hero
All supports build same:

gp5 + boots 1 + wards > aegis + boots2 + wards > upgrade gp5 + wards > moar wards > wards still

that's a support build. Always leave 1 spot open for wards.. always buy wards... ward the map forever. Triple gp5 + aegis + boots usually does well..

who rushes aegis on support this aint season 1 lol

shurelias first support forever PLZ

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
9/10 placement games down. Can I expect drastic differences in player skill (whether up or down) once I'm ranked? I feel like I'm getting worse playing these games @_@

Turazrok

Smash Master
9/10 placement games down. Can I expect drastic differences in player skill (whether up or down) once I'm ranked? I feel like I'm getting worse playing these games @_@
Mogwai's blog puts it really well.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Asdioh, I'm gonna be frank here. Although you are new and not *****ing or whatever, we still don't need play by plays of all your games or screenshots.

I don't think anyone really cares, and it makes the pages take longer to load and stuff :\

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
who rushes aegis on support this aint season 1 lol

shurelias first support forever PLZ
I like gold :[

I just had a game where i went man mode taric, 4/1/10. I was support but i got first blood and the 2nd most kills on my team (hecarim jungle got 6) part of 14 of the 19 kills.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That's why I used collapse :x
So whatcha wanna talk about? I saw a thread about Blitzcrank being OP, surely that's bull?

edit: finished 10th game, ended up playing the less-known "mediator" role in it but couldn't carry teammate's moods hard enough, ended up losing.
ELO is currently 1207, and it says top rating 1242 which I assume was at some point during the placement matches. I couldn't find anywhere exactly how placement matches work, so I didn't really know what to expect coming out of them.

Kira-

Smash Champion
johnnys legendary support build:

mobility shurelyas frozen heart
johnny's legendary item builds made me re-think how i build every champion

finding new ways to build old champs is amazing, revolutionary mundo build inc

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Every time I rush early negatron vs Cass, they turn out to be bad. Maybe I should not do that unless they pose a threat.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Cass is a jerk. I have surprisingly had the most success with Gragas vs her.. which shouldn't make sense because for the first several levels, he has to farm with melee autos.. which means either deny or free poison.
The champ makes me feel like I'm hardly ever ahead, even if I'm beating her up. SOMEthing needs to be toned down just a tad, but I don't know what it should be.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Just started studying for my CPA. I run League on my PC client; CPA Becker on my Mac client.

Won't be playing League until I pass all four exams for the sake of staying focus.

Thanks for all your help. I've enjoyed all the drama and rage over the past whenever.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
winning your lane -> losing the game combo is bar far my least favorite combo in the world.
GOD.

That lingering feeling when you lose a game after you completely dominate your lane. It's just awful. :applejack:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Cass is a jerk. I have surprisingly had the most success with Gragas vs her.. which shouldn't make sense because for the first several levels, he has to farm with melee autos.. which means either deny or free poison.
The champ makes me feel like I'm hardly ever ahead, even if I'm beating her up. SOMEthing needs to be toned down just a tad, but I don't know what it should be.
Gragas counters Cassio

Cass always hurts even when behind

I did a game as Nautilus support and was against blitz support... my god it was intense.. we even hooked each other at the same time like 3 times. Had a fiddle jungle who went smiteless, and i was like "ain't gonna let people steal dragon and baron" and took smite on support nautilus to secure them.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Bought Riven on a whim, love her. Running 21/9/0 and flat armor yellows and scaling mr blues. Should I be taking arpen reds or flat ad? And I'm alternating leveling Q and W, is that fine or is there one I should be prioritizing? Playing mostly top and only occasionally jungle.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Bought Riven on a whim, love her. Running 21/9/0 and flat armor yellows and scaling mr blues. Should I be taking arpen reds or flat ad? And I'm alternating leveling Q and W, is that fine or is there one I should be prioritizing? Playing mostly top and only occasionally jungle.
W > E > Q. Q is a 1 point wonder, don't put more than 1 point into it until level 14 when you don't have a choice. Also, in some lanes you should be power leveling E over W. w/e, the point I'm making is that levels in Q suck.

ArPen vs. AD on reds is pretty much a wash, I'd probably just run AD because you have an AD scaling shield, but I don't really play Riven.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
W > E > Q. Q is a 1 point wonder, don't put more than 1 point into it until level 14 when you don't have a choice. Also, in some lanes you should be power leveling E over W. w/e, the point I'm making is that levels in Q suck.

ArPen vs. AD on reds is pretty much a wash, I'd probably just run AD because you have an AD scaling shield, but I don't really play Riven.
Thanks mogwai I'll try both, this is for you.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You want flat AD against most matchups, but against champs that like to grab early armor/tankiness and such I go the ArPen reds/quints.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, ****. Good thing I'm usually too lazy to switch to ArPen, then!

Not something I knew, I made the apparently wrong assumption that I would want to penetrate the armor of those who actually have armor, haha.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Who knows a lot about team comps around here?

My friends wanted to start doing competitive LoL so now I gotta look into team comps.

Also info on things like team fighting vs winning lanes.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
The principle is pretty straightforward.

Say we have 25 ArPen.

Vs. a target with 25 Armor, we're going from a 20% damage reduction to a 0% damage reduction, which represents a 25% increase in damage output.

Vs. a target with 100 Armor, we're going from a 50% damage reduction to a 42.9% damage reduction, which represents a 14.3% increase in damage.

Vs. a target with 200 Armor, we're going from a 66.7% damage reduction to a 63.6%% damage reduction, which represents a 9.1% increase in damage.

Top Bottom