• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Haunting Guise will still be bad, though. At least until the next referral reward when they are finally forced to make an item upgrade for it.

Lovage

Smash Hero
I just want to play the new archer... blarh1gh!

How hard is corki to learn/pick up? And do i NEED to learn urgot for my competitive lol team? I hate urgot but they insist I pick him up :(

corkis hella easy lol. easiest last hitter in the game cuz of his passive, gigantic escape for making big plays or solving bad situations, ******** aoe damage, armor shred and good range. play 10 games with him with a good leona or a mediocre janna/alistar and you should understand it all lol.

as for urgot he's good to learn but only for certain comps, he's not the person you randomly pick early unless you have a strat in mind. odd that your team would "insist" you pick him up just cuz the koreans were using him, any non top tier team can absolutely wreck everything with just corki, kog, mf and graves. urgot really isn't essential at all until then.

The advantage to running an Avarice setup is rather significant, but if the opening materials aren't valid then I guess the point is moot.

Still, is it really that important to have a specific early-game setup of runes/masteries? What do supports/bot laners usually run that makes them so much better at surviving bot lane?

I'm not trying to argue that I'm somehow secretly right and people should listen to me (I never do) I'm just curious for some of the reasons why a pendant start isn't as good as another start.
yes the higher skill you get the more important every single rune/mastery/playstyle decision becomes. so starting regrowth, going gold yellows (minus like 10 armor) will all get you completely **** stomped if you face competent opponents.

bot laners always stack armor reds and yellows (often 1,2 or 3 armor quints as well depending on the situation) so they can be as tanky as possible and win exchanges. winning exchanges can force your opponent to back, or force them to miss ranged creeps/tanks. armor stacking also lets you dive under tower harder w/ jungler support (extremely important tactic for snowballing your lane and ending game decisively instead of being passive and letting the game slip away thru bad play.)

regrowth opener SUCKS on support beacuse:
a) you don't need the hp regen that bad at all. (if you really think you do you're prolly playing it wrong)
b) faerie charm is way more beneficial (exceptions: leona, cloth armor start is probably the best on her)
c) you either have 1 ward and 0 potions (BAD) or 2 wards and 0 potions (BAD) or 1 ward and like 1-2 pots (AWFUL BECAUSE U WENT UTILITY FOR NO REASON)
and if you don't see why being ward-starved is a bad idea in bot lane you're missing out on a lot of stuff

D

Deleted member

also, as support simply having 4 wards is good because you can ward top against a ghey ganker, ward a red/blue buff when you invade/ or just ward defensively to stop a fast counterjungler --> easy first blood if your team responds especially because every jungler tends to run exhaust/smite WITHOUT getting ward starved for your own lane

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just realized how insane AP Sion is. His AP ratios are huge, and I forgot what his passive was until just now. That explains why I couldn't kill him, despite him having 0 health/defense items.

I was just playing Volibear solo top against Ashe/Renekton, which I imagine should have been an absolute nightmare for me, and it was for the first two minutes, but they turret dived me and gave me first blood+double kill, and I ended up getting godlike. Solo queue sure gives me unrealistic expectations on some things >_>

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Hohoho man. Bought Mafia Graves before jumping into some fives with my friends, played him both games.
First game just absolutely steamrolled harder than I have ever done before. 30 minutes in my build was Berserkers, Infinity, PD, BT, LW, QSS. 20 kills, a bit over 200 cs. Went utra aggressive in lane with Exhaust/Heal for summoners, my support Nautilus ran Ignite/Flash. Right off the bat we killed Corki and just kept him away from creeps the rest of the lane.
Second game same friend on support went Alistar. Again, super aggressive, playing it pretty much like a kill lane. Didn't go... quite as hard carry mode, but still was able to get my Infinity, PD, LW, Berserkers, Vamp by 35 minutes before we won.
I've never liked too many AD carries, but man Graves more fun than any other AD I've played.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm a bruiser player.
My most played champs as of late are Udyr, Olaf, and Shyvana if that gives any idea of what kind of champs I enjoy.

I loved the fact that my early game as Graves felt like I was more like a AD caster/bruiser. I could play a kill lane and go in hardmode early game, and transition myself into a well positioned carry as the game goes on.

Edit:
Oh, and I also don't like playing a girly man as much as I enjoy playing a real Amuricuhn man.
Now if Pulsefire Ez was available... I would enjoy Ez much more. Yeah, I do actually derive enjoyment from the look of the champ.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
*watches*

Maybe I'll learn how to play better Malz, even though he's using LB! I keep losing random matchups that Malz is supposed to win, and winning others that I'm more comfortable with. Like I got bodied by Ryze earlier. I don't know how to play Malz to his full potential in early laning phase :/ too much mana imo

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
You shouldn't really bother much on early game harassing with Malz if you're having trouble with mana. I just last hit and farm with E til Lv6+. Q-E-W-Flash-R-Ignite. Or wait for a gank, Ult, clean up. WW ganks~ suppressed for days, especially under W.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
this guy's stream is good, it's amazing how he can commentate while playing at the same time, like instantly. i always screw up talking while i'm doing stuff at the same time >_>

edit: leblanc can be disgusting to watch. kill annie in 2 seconds without any items, survive a 3-4vs1 because of her escape, etc.
:x

Coney

Smash Master
I have a group of friends that I play with almost every night. It's usually about 6-7 of us: Me, Coney, Noid, Aposl, Kenny + 2-3 others depending on who is on.

We actually scrimmaged jpak, NKB, Dojo, and some other dudes and got pooped on. :urg:
to be fair, kenny was tipsy, not on skype with us and somehow shoehorned into playing his worst role...not that we still wouldn't have lost but that was not at all a representation of our collective abilities lmfao

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You guys should totes add me (Asdioh) on LoL. I play like, every day. I'm not amazing, but not too terrible. I try really hard not to feed!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
yeah i was either afk or playing with people on skype already :O
i generally play on skype but i s'pose not skype is cool too

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Just accepted a invite from someone who I didn't know had a bazillion more ELO than I, as well as the other three people in our team. Did the most nerve racking normal of my life. I think they all played ranked. Somehow, I scraped out a win as Janna, supporting an AD Kayle, and I went 1/3/10. I even gave them first blood because I was positioned badly when they invaded.

I guess I should be glad that teams can still win with a mediocre support.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
All of my smurfs are gone! :(

Edit: I had actually 3-4 legit referrals and now those are gone, too. :mad:

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
When your friend hits level 10

Is the huge new issue. Basically they stopped it being effective to smurf. Which is good, because it was silly that it was more IP efficient to make smurfs.

Additionally Im apparently missing 85ish of my old referred accounts. Welp.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, so basically they're taking away all the crazy good rewards :p

And yeah, I lost every smurf pretty much, so I just got 250 ip for one of them is all XD

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
You can still stick with the old system if you want Juan, they give you the choice.

They also added this nice gem since I had stopped smurfing:

The referral system is intended as a means for dedicated players to earn rewards by inviting new players to enjoy League of Legends. As such, we strongly discourage players from using self-made "smurf" accounts, deceptive posting of referral links, or bots/scripts in order to pursue referral rewards. This is an illegitimate use of the system and is in violation of the League of Legends Terms of Use Code of Conduct which prohibits: "Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, defrauds any other user of the Game..." RAF Rewards based on deceptive activities defrauds legitimate RAF participants who are compliant with our Terms of Use, and we are not obligated to provide referral rewards to players who engage in such activities.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Doesn't matter, I changed to see if I'd get anything free since I pretty much never smurf anymore due to time, and I got 250ip. Better than nothing :p

Top Bottom