• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Trio queueing and the fact that 90% of people are worse.
You may be the worst brawl player in your scene ( always lose 2-0, always getting 2 stocked ) but you're still likely in the top 10% of players worldwide in skill.

CRAZY, amirite?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Mm I'm having a hard time figuring out whether or not Rageblade + Lich Bane is a good enough core to rush for ap/hybridish ezreal. :(

Man Its a whole new meta game though, honestly.
**** actually happens before the 10 minute mark and not every player is 100 cs by 15 minutes.

It will take me time to get used to.

Cia

das kwl
apparently i've spent $595.00 on LoL. but it's all money I've won from melee tournaments.

so i guess what i mean to say is..

ty smash community for giving me such a stacked lol account. wouldn't have done it without you.

:teemo:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trio queueing and the fact that 90% of people are worse.
You may be the worst brawl player in your scene ( always lose 2-0, always getting 2 stocked ) but you're still likely in the top 10% of players worldwide in skill.

CRAZY, amirite?
I guess I WANT to think lots of players are yearning to get better to eventually play competitively, but I guess that's not really the case for ~90% of the playerbase.

I don't understand casual gaming o.o

apparently i've spent $595.00 on LoL. but it's all money I've won from melee tournaments.

so i guess what i mean to say is..

ty smash community for giving me such a stacked lol account. wouldn't have done it without you.

:teemo:
lmao

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Man, server instability screwed up my night of LoL. Two games in a row last night, we had repeated disconnects in games we could have easily won.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
TKBro was potentially one game away from losing the new gold, lol.
SHHHHHHHHHH...I'm legit scared to play another ranked though because as ugly as that skin is I still want it...lol

and it will unlock jarvan for me anyway

when do you even get the skin?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
SHHHHHHHHHH...I'm legit scared to play another ranked though because as ugly as that skin is I still want it...lol

and it will unlock jarvan for me anyway

when do you even get the skin?
Next riot downtime (so next Tuesday maybe?) will conclude Season 1.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Guys. GUYS. I broke 1300. Lololololol.
This is a milestone for me. Wheeeee.
Also, Orianna is still silly. Endgame I was still pumping out 500 hp sheilds every 5 seconds...Also why does no one at low levels understand that LeBlanc has pretty much the highest natural burst in the game at level 6? Everyone cries OP but then they don't buy MR...until AFTER I have my Deathcap. Also DFG is silly on LeBlanc, you can't lose a 1v1 engagement with it. Unless they're something like Jarvan or Rammus.

:phone:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Le Blanc is incredibly difficult to deal with, you can't take her on ever, especially not as Brand :(

Is it just me or do turrets attack quicker now since the update?

They also seem to go for you at a further out range than before.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I've been playing as only soraka since the patch yesterday and I think I'm in love with her remake:

She still supports ridiculously well, it's just, her support in lane has shifted more towards an agressive zoning style rather than an eternal sustaining style. And the plus is that she's arguably MORE potent late game since her Astral blessing turns frail champions into tanks with a huge boost of health and +125 armour (!!!) for a few seconds.

Plus, unlike before she actually has FOUR useful abilities endgame instead of 3.

If she doesn't get killed, and you stay front lines against a team with soraka for more than 20 seconds or so, you'll have a HUGE chunk of your magic resist removed.

Starcall actually gets golem at a respectable pace now, and she can farm creep waves rediculously fast late game and for virtually no mana cost.

Seriously, I take back everything I've said about the soraka remake. I've played only 5 games since the patch, all of them as soraka and ALL of them we won at least partly due to soraka's ridiculous harass.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Aggro Orianna at level 1-3 > Leblanc

thats how I win mid against her every time...2 points in Ball throw 1 point in dissonace. (post nerf...prenerf i was doing 1 point in ball throw 2 points in dissonance)

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
But she can just silence you and blink back behind the creeps. Which the ball has to pass through to hit her. Thus doing reduced damage.

:phone:

Pikaville

Can you avoid Cait's ult if you flash just as it's about to hit?

Also I've decided to ween myself off Clarity and use Teleport instead.

I think using clarity just makes you lazy and bad at mana management.

Teleport is so handy for getting back in lane quickly after you recall too, or for helping someone in another lane when they are in trouble.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
No, you can avoid it if you flash right as she starts to ult you, flashing to get out of her vision / range

If you have a problem with mana, buy 2 doran rings.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
by the time level 3 hits though shes usually at a much lower health than me.

I mean I've only lost lane 1 time to Leblanc mid and I was Brand....but then again I get to play a lot of bad leblancs (normal Q awww ye)

I'm not usually afraid of leblanc until lane phase is over.

also for the Ori players

build conformation
Doran ring -> Doran ring/Chalice/Tear -> CDR boots -> Tome -> Deathcap -> Will -> build tear into AA if I got it otherwise Zhonyas

this has been working for me since the dawn of time

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

I mean I've only lost lane 1 time to Leblanc mid and I was Brand....but then again I get to play a lot of bad leblancs (normal Q awww ye)

lol, most people are only horified of LeBlanc in lane. She's pretty abusive starting at level 3 or 4 or so.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord

This isn't a callout or anything, but I'd like to 1v1 sometime. I haven't lost lane to Orianna yet and it'd be interesting to see how you play differently. Not now though, huge thunderstorm going on and I don't want my power to go out.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
This isn't a callout or anything, but I'd like to 1v1 sometime. I haven't lost lane to Orianna yet and it'd be interesting to see how you play differently. Not now though, huge thunderstorm going on and I don't want my power to go out.
I'm down...wouldn't be surprised if I lost but I mean I really can't recall the last time some Leblanc throughly gave it to me Mid lane...if anything I have a Katarina problem (quite sad really)

most leblanc mids go like this for me

-we farming creeps
-she starts moving forward to hit me with whatever
-throw ball -> explode it
- she steps back because she took damage
- repeat.

@mogwai I only say that because I like to roam after level 6 and I swear to you theres always that one brush that b***h is wating in that I walk into and bam I've been slain

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I see the problem already. It's not worth it to blow mana to farm creeps until ~9. Her last hitting animation is one of the best in the game, so I never have a problem farming with her(and yet I struggle with ranged carries...). How you should be playing is Q, wait a second and read their movements, W in onto them. If you throw a ball at my starting position then I don't HAVE to blink back. If they do it right you shouldn't be able to W anyway as they blink back since you're silenced. The standard lane harass combo is Q>W>E>blink back. Or Q>R>W>E. if they aren't dead they have to back. People always think they're safe behind their towers but they forget Leblanc's tower diving ability rivals Katarina's in safety. W>Flash>combo>W takes you right back to the beginning while covering a HUGE amount of distance. I've done it without taking a tower shot before. Also Leblanc is immune to Orianna's W while flying with distortion.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Pretty much. I mean, I'm "noob" at this game compared to all the rest of you. Granted this is sort of theorycraft, I mean you could play completely different than all other Orianna's I've faced. Who knows. I'm sure Hotshot would **** on me in lane. lmao.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
LOL I just wanna be able to fill the role of AP caster in every team comp...because I honestly can't play anything else

I bought renekton and my renekton seems to be the most unsafe renekton in the world...I never have any rage meter because I'm always getting harrassed so hard that its legit unsafe to hit creeps

I bought Ezreal and I never had a positive game with him

I was getting decent with vayne but the whole "right click to win" thing doesn't really fit me (unless its teemo)

My teemo is decent
and I have Singed and Leona but I can't tank for **** because I'm still in the "stay safe" mindset of a carry...lol

Pikaville

No, you can avoid it if you flash right as she starts to ult you, flashing to get out of her vision / range

If you have a problem with mana, buy 2 doran rings.
This what I have been doing recently.

Going dorans straight away, then when I recall 1st, getting another ring and the 1st part of sorcerers boots.

Should I try and hold out longer in my lane and get the ring and sorc boots at the same time instead?

The movement 2 and MP is handy to have as quick as possible.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
There's a bug with Lee Sin's cs count right now.

The opponent's can't see the cs you get while in fog of war. So let's say you do your whole jungle then you appear bottom lane for a gank. Assuming they never saw you with cv, the opponent's would see your cs count at 0.

Pretty dumb. Not sure if it applies to all champs while in fog of way, but w/e

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
got a bug with maokai after W onto an akali i got frozen in place while she nom nomed my tree bark off. :/
Fair.
Next.

Also, why does it seem like so many people are playing Akali now?
Raging at all of them gets tiring.
-DD

Vyke

Smash Champion
If anything, I see less people play Akali because Lee Sin is such a popular pick right now.

And whoa, Soraka changes improved her? wut a surprize, how kin thiz be!?!?!!? she cannots heal as much!!1/1

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Lost one of my few ranked games as WW. Our vayne rushed bf sword, and was 1-2 for most of the game with around 20 cs.

Ended 5-12, my team couldn't follow up with my initiations (we lost at champ select cass/shen/veigar) and I'm the "bad one." <3 this game.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Apparently solo lane AP/Jungle Soraka is the new OP. Spammin Starcall and Silence.

Haven't seen it yet, but forums are exploding about it.

Pikaville

That's what happens when you buff a character that is already really good.

Honestly what were they thinking making the already incredible spear have less cooldown and less mana cost?

Also I don't know if it's just me, but pillar of flame seems to hit outside it's AoE.

I was hitting Veigar in mid lane when he was seemingly outside it last game.

Top Bottom