• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
55 movespeed on a 30 second CD that gets reduced by one second any time a spell is cast, and costs zero mana?

Man I don't care how else they might have nerfed him, that's just damn crazy strong.
I wonder, how is RoA on him now? Worth turning a Catalyst into it if you don't need a Banshees right away?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
that missle speed increase tho. about to be build that lichbane son!

(only if I'm like up 5 kills for some reason. lol)

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
GOD, them "fixing" his auto attack animation is ********. I don't understand.. like almost everything is buffed. Oh we're going to nerf his q by 1% of your total mana but increase the base damage by 20(gives him a stronger early game lmfao), then we're going to increase his AP ratios to (.4) (buff his late game). The only real nerf I saw was his Q range.
Like I'm not going to complain, but I find it funny. I hope everyone does the same thing I'm about to do and ride the Ryze train to raise their elo.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Are you still going the same runes/masteries?
My old Ryze was pretty standard mpen/armor/mres/movespeed, generally going 9/0/21 or 9/21/0 in a harder lane. Is that still ideal?

Is going for the mpen in offense too good to pass? Going something like 0/21/9 seems like it might be fine but I dunno about theorylol much. The thought of Ryze having ~475 movespeed while he ults just seems silly, also get almost 400 movespeed at level 1.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
am I the only Ryze running mag pen red + mana per level yellows/blues? (can't pass on the movequints tho)

also the ryze train is failing me -_-...well more so I'm failing the Ryze train. I win more ranked matches using unconventional mids (I.E. Miss Fortune and Kayle)

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
My rune page is the following:
Movement Speed Quints
Magic Pen Reds
Armor/Level Seals
Magic Resists/Level Gylphs

BUT due to his new ult I maybe trying out 2 Magic Pen quints or Flat mana quints + 1 Movement speed quint.
I also run 0/21/9 for my masteries. Starting off with 400 MS on ryze is too ridiculous.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Ooooh man I just gave new Ryze a first try in a normal.
Had the mirror mid. We had the same runepage and started boots + pots, but I went 0/21/9 compared to him going 9/0/21. I had I like 11 or 12 more movespeed than him at level 1, made such a big difference in lane. I could go in for a Q and run away faster so he couldn't counterattack.
Went Tear into RoA, really liked it. Never like Banshees too much, so I really liked getting more out of RoA than before. Ended the game with Sorcs, Frozen Heart, RoA, Abyssal, WotA, Archangels. Just ended up doing even more damage than I was with old Ryze because I could put that AP to better use.
Was doing more damage than old Ryze, had more mana than old Ryze, was tankier than old Ryze, moved faster than old Ryze... Man... wtf wtf wtf were they thinking.
To top it all off they make my last hitting easier? LOOOOOL.

I barely noticed the Q range with the team I was against, but I can see where it would suck. Considering they buffed everything else though I don't even care.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Just pick someone who counters Ryze hardcore and ride the Ryze train ride.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Leblanc and Cass. Most Ryze's can't deal with the early game pressure and fold before they can reach a Negatron Cloak.

Brand really good, too. Xerath, too.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
................this man is brilliant

who counters ryze though? cassiopeia?
cass + kat + anivia all work fine
also morg, just shove him to tower and force him to waste spells trying to cs there

i would play ryze more but facerolling the keyboard is hard :mad:
seriously every time i play ryze i just can't carry a game >_>

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Considering Ryze can rush a Negatron after tear because he builds BVeil anyway, he won't be getting "countered" for long. Not to mention his early game damage just went up, and he can juke Cass spells easier now in a post-6 engage because of more MS, yay!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So I ended up in the jungle position... and since my first time using nautilus jungle ended so badly (I couldn't gank any lane and didn't get a leash) i didn't want to use him so I clicked shyvana. I then go to change my summoners to smite/ignite but then by clicking too much on ignite I CLICKED ON NAUTILUS AND TIME RAN UP... So i was stuck with jungle nautilus... I asked for a hard leash on blue to clear faster, didn't even start wolves, just straight blue... went boots/3pot.. I luckily went def masteries (was going tank shyvana but was 9/21/0 instead of 0/21/9) My bot lane didn't help me with blue when i asked for a hard leash, but my mid vlad stayed and helped me till smite range on blue and then I went for a level 3 clear going to wolves, wraith, red then went and ganked mid got first blood and everything started going uphill from there as I was just on fire then with ganks. Bot lane won so I didn't have to gank there so I just camped mid since my top lane dced against their Garen after going 0/2/0. Only person buying wards on our team was me and Janna though.. I bought so many wards and warded everywhere just so they couldn't try to gank mid. By mid game, I JUST COULDN'T DIE! I was tanking turrents and we dove them 4v5 and still won. We were 4 people level 18 when they were all 15 at one point. I love Nautilus jungle now :D (Oh i guess their jungle skarner falling behind and clearing slower than me also had a factor...) It was Lux mid and Morgana support, don't let the summoners fool you. Morgana started roaming after a bit though.

john!

Smash Hero
jungle nautilus is amazing, i'm 6/0 with him so far

what i love about him is that he's an amazing ganker, without sacrificing jungle clear speed

his only weak point is his first jungle clear... after he gets gp5 and a few levels in his w, **** gets out of hand

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Seriously, after i had a successful first clear leading to a gank, I just snowballed so hard and couldn't die expect during one situation where I stayed low (30%) HP just to give my aegis aura while we took the 2nd bot turrent then Garen runs out of a bush with ghost and ult's me.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Just got out of a ranked game as Ryze.
I don't even think countering him in lane is going to do you any good...
Up against Morde mid. New Q range actually hurts this game because he pokes at 700 range.
He just cleared waves so quickly that I farmed at tower like 90% of the lane phase and missed a lot of cs. Free to roam while I sit at tower trying to not miss too many creeps, he goes 4/0 from other lanes. Top is Riven getting beat by Teemo, our Shyvana camps top lane because she's been faring worse than I have.
We were behind in kills, towers, dragons, and with little to no ward coverage except in our own jungle to try to stop them from taking it.
20 minutes in I have my tear and a RoA. My tower is gone and I'm just freezing the lane at my second tower as best as I can. 30 minutes in I have a Negatron and Glacial Shroud. At this point we've turtled enough and I have gotten at least enough farm to being a threat. We get some good initiates with my Flash + Snare and Shyvana ult, and next thing I know I'm back in the game.
40 minutes rolls by, and at this point I have a stacked RoA, Frozen Heart, stacked Tear, and Abyssal.
Didn't matter how far behind I was, they couldn't really do **** to me at that point.
We finally won that game at the hour + point. If Morde could ult our MF they would win the fight. If we could burst through his spellvamp we would win the fight. It took at least two people to take me down, and I would always take one of them with me at least.

Even if you beat Ryze in lane you don't beat him if his team can just turtle him to late. That's pretty much how that game went.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so to my understanding I should be trading out my Mana Runes for Armor/Mag resist because with the new semi buffed AP ratios having 5000 mana isn't as necessary as before?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
its like 4. something but for a straight mana build (when I'm ****ing around a game has gone on way too long

Archangels
Frozen Heart
Lichbane
RoA
Bveil
+ my runes giving me like an extra 500 at 18
and sorc shoes. lol

Turazrok

Smash Master
Free vayne week so bad when you're low elo.

No matter how many times I tell them they keep shooting people out of death.

Top Bottom