• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Based on playing with Azen, I'd say this is far from a terrible build for her. Her farming really ramps up fast with this build since she's got really high damage on her skills, so its pretty easy to get to that glacial shroud at least, if not the full frozen heart. So yes, you could be getting more CDR and getting off a new Light Binding an extra 2 seconds early, but you end up trading a couple hundred in damage each time you lay down one of your attacks.

And LOL at her not having enough mana regen with this build. DRing + PhilStone + Tear = plenty of mana regen through the mid game. By the time you turn the tear into AA Staff, you should have enough mana that you won't be running out unless you are just sitting in a lane spamming abilities forever.

For that matter... Azen is going mad positive with this build at 1800+ ELO with Lux. Not trying to be salty here but what exactly is your elo again Jaz?

S l o X

Smash Champion
high blood pressure.

so who's the flavor of the month? i haven't played this game since pantheon was fotm and that was quite the while.

jpak

Smash Lord
rambo's team got owned by clg in CEVO
rambo's comp had like 3 AD carries dunno what they were thinking

Cia

das kwl
5. Remember how I called the Doran's Ring change makes it worse standalone but better stacked? My default AP build is now 4 rings, CDR boots, then Deathcap. Its so f'ing good.
I tried this on Morgana in my past 2 ranked games. HOLY BALLS. I feel untouchable in mid lane. Thanks

My teams gave me crap about the Drings, but they came to appreciate it in time

=D

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Based on playing with Azen, I'd say this is far from a terrible build for her. Her farming really ramps up fast with this build since she's got really high damage on her skills, so its pretty easy to get to that glacial shroud at least, if not the full frozen heart. So yes, you could be getting more CDR and getting off a new Light Binding an extra 2 seconds early, but you end up trading a couple hundred in damage each time you lay down one of your attacks.

And LOL at her not having enough mana regen with this build. DRing + PhilStone + Tear = plenty of mana regen through the mid game. By the time you turn the tear into AA Staff, you should have enough mana that you won't be running out unless you are just sitting in a lane spamming abilities forever.

For that matter... Azen is going mad positive with this build at 1800+ ELO with Lux. Not trying to be salty here but what exactly is your elo again Jaz?
Hmm, I could pick this apart in a few areas, but I'm going to be nice.

High damage on her skills? Only with AP. You need to hit over 200 AP by the mid-game to maintain your farming. Not entirely difficult, and while I am not used to the timing for how quickly you could get DC, I don't see this as being too much of an issue.

Trading damage for CDR? That doesn't even make sense. If I can cast another skill, my DPS has just doubled. CDR is crucial on Lux because her base cooldowns are actually very high. I have played Lux where I have tried a rushed Zhonya/Mejai or getting Sheen first, and asides from being unable to keep up the spells due to mana issues, not having enough CDR makes her next to useless, in my opinion. (I'm a big fan of CDR in general. And having max CDR for her ultimate lets you cast it before teamfights and again near the end to snipe kills, and since you're looking at a 900 dmg ulti that can hit 2-3 people on average, that's a lot of pre and post-teamfight damage)

Mana issues on Lux; you never said at what point you get Tear. And if you're getting Tear before DC, that means you have what? Like 50 AP for the first 10-15 minutes? That's horrible.

"Mad positive." My average death per game on Lux when I'm playing to win is 0 or 1. Then again, score doesn't mean a whole lot most of the time.

As for ELO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

If you really care to make some sort of fallacious argument based on ELO, my ELO is 983 for the record.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Hmm, I could pick this apart in a few areas, but I'm going to be nice.

High damage on her skills? Only with AP. You need to hit over 200 AP by the mid-game to maintain your farming. Not entirely difficult, and while I am not used to the timing for how quickly you could get DC, I don't see this as being too much of an issue.

Trading damage for CDR? That doesn't even make sense. If I can cast another skill, my DPS has just doubled. CDR is crucial on Lux because her base cooldowns are actually very high. I have played Lux where I have tried a rushed Zhonya/Mejai or getting Sheen first, and asides from being unable to keep up the spells due to mana issues, not having enough CDR makes her next to useless, in my opinion. (I'm a big fan of CDR in general. And having max CDR for her ultimate lets you cast it before teamfights and again near the end to snipe kills, and since you're looking at a 900 dmg ulti that can hit 2-3 people on average, that's a lot of pre and post-teamfight damage)

Mana issues on Lux; you never said at what point you get Tear. And if you're getting Tear before DC, that means you have what? Like 50 AP for the first 10-15 minutes? That's horrible.

"Mad positive." My average death per game on Lux when I'm playing to win is 0 or 1. Then again, score doesn't mean a whole lot most of the time.

As for ELO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

If you really care to make some sort of fallacious argument based on ELO, my ELO is 983 for the record.
i fail to see how stating that you can do well with a build at a higher elo is fallacious when it has been demonstrated that a number of strategies change in viability and effectiveness between elo brackets

Jazriel

Smash Ace
i fail to see how stating that you can do well with a build at a higher elo is fallacious when it has been demonstrated that a number of strategies change in viability and effectiveness between elo brackets
Which would render this entire thread and almost all discussion of LoL moot since not everyone is in the same ELO.

Two can play at that game.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Jaz, you can argue all you want, it doesn't make your argument valid. You have BELOW 1000 ELO. This means you're getting paired up with people who don't really know how to play this game as well as people who play at higher ELO. This basically means that going AD on Lux may work in low ELO (where you are) and that going AP in higher ELO (where Azen is) would seem insane!

It REALLY, really, really, really irritates me when someone talks out of their ***.

New rule to this thread- if you're not good don't call other people's ideas/playstyles bad. The end.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Which would render this entire thread and almost all discussion of LoL moot since not everyone is in the same ELO.

Two can play at that game.
not by a long shot, just because someone opens a discussion on a build that can work at a different elo doesn't mean that it deserves to be criticized for not working at another elo

looks like i was beaten to it >.<

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
If I can cast another skill, my DPS has just doubled.

I won't utterly destroy you but a couple of quick notes here:

1. Max CDR is 40% right? That means you literally cannot "double" your DPS with just CDR.

2. It's easy to get 0 or 1 death in a 900 elo match. I went like 28-1-10 the other day on my smurf with Cho'Gath. Doesn't mean I can tell Dekar how to play him.

3. Azen literally has DOUBLE your elo. He is at least twice as good as you are. You can pretend that this has no significance, but it does.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Jaz, you can argue all you want, it doesn't make your argument valid. You have BELOW 1000 ELO. This means you're getting paired up with people who don't really know how to play this game as well as people who play at higher ELO. This basically means that going AD on Lux may work in low ELO (where you are) and that going AP in higher ELO (where Azen is) would seem insane!

It REALLY, really, really, really irritates me when someone talks out of their ***.

New rule to this thread- if you're not good don't call other people's ideas/playstyles bad. The end.
Oh, guess what, I DON'T play Ranked. It really irritates you when people talk out of their ***? Then why are you talking out of your own ***? ELO means nothing except in very particular situations. You're making the assumption that I'm playing with 1000 ELO players (Or do you actually think I'm at the 1000 ELO level? Rofl), so stop talking out your own ***.

As for the whole certain-strategies-become-viable-at-different-levels-of-ELO, I'm quite aware of that. I advocate quite strongly maxing Hawkshot on Ashe first and using Clairvoyance at low level ELO to assist in defining Ashe as a carry for the late-game and aiding in providing map awareness for noobs who don't have it themself.

As for Azen "rolling faces" with this Lux build at "1800 ELO," if you check his stats he has a 42% win rate and goes 4-1-10 on average in his games. A good score for not winning most of his games, but I wouldn't really consider that some kind of game-breaking staple Lux build and way to play.

Sure, maybe my Lux build isn't "the best" for 1800 ELO games. But you can't prove that nor can you disprove that. The only thing I can comment on is how Azen's build focuses on none of the strengths of Lux, and my knowledge of timings for AP amounts (200 AP for the mid game so you can 1 shot creep waves with ulti and the necessity for 40% CDR by 20 minutes, etc), and that means I can say with some certainty that Azen's build is not, to my understanding, the best, or even a good build.

Random aside; if you want some hilarity you can check my Lux ranked stats. I had this one ridiculous 17-4-35 90 minute game and my stats are horribly skewed lol.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
This is highly amusing. I think Virg needs to Drama Gank again though before it gets all fed-Trynd critting for 800 rage/butthurt in here.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I won't utterly destroy you but a couple of quick notes here:

1. Max CDR is 40% right? That means you literally cannot "double" your DPS with just CDR.

2. It's easy to get 0 or 1 death in a 900 elo match. I went like 28-1-10 the other day on my smurf with Cho'Gath. Doesn't mean I can tell Dekar how to play him.

3. Azen literally has DOUBLE your elo. He is at least twice as good as you are. You can pretend that this has no significance, but it does.
Wow, you really are an idiot. Let's see; Oh no, I used the wrong word. Shoot me. I'm well aware you can't "literally" (When did I say that?) double your DPS. However CDR is exponentially more useful than just increasing your DPS. 6 sec cooldown shield comes to mind.

Why do you people think I play ranked? I haven't played a ranked game since I won my way to 983 ELO. Which was a month ago. I don't care if Azen has "DOUBLE" my ELO. I DO NOT play ranked. My ELO may as well be "Unranked." Because if you ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT, you would see that I have 22 leaves. Because I queue dodged with my friend so we could stomp noobs. ELO is just a number, stop putting all your faith into it. /rolleyes

Oh, and if you only cast 1 E in a team fight because your CDR is too low yet I can cast 2, then I've doubled the DPS. Owned.

Limeee

Smash Champion
good carry sivir builds?

i built

doran blade+1 healthpot
berserk grieve
bloodthirster
manamune
starks
cept ive only played one game >.>
:009:

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Oh, and if you only cast 1 E in a team fight because your CDR is too low yet I can cast 2, then I've doubled the DPS. Owned.
Unless that one E does more than both of yours combined. That's unlikely at end-game builds though (I think? What do I know, I'm bad.)

Vyke

Smash Champion
lol, Jaz is butthurt over his low ELO. He worked his way TO that number? So he dipped below it at some point even though you start at 1200?

Honestly, he's just bad for the thread.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
1300 elo get at me
congrats. 1300 is actually my current steppingstone goal but i can only play 1-2 games every few days now and lately its win 1 lose 1 or win 2 lose 1

Level 20.
=D
=D

This is highly amusing. I think Virg needs to Drama Gank again though before it gets all fed-Trynd critting for 800 rage/butthurt in here.
lol!!!

Because if you ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT, you would see that I have 22 leaves. Because I queue dodged with my friend so we could stomp noobs. ELO is just a number, stop putting all your faith into it. /rolleyes
yu dodged on purpose and i have seen people do that to experience the strange low elo play but you brought all this crazy internet rageversation on urself when you dodged so much and then still care when people talk bad about ur elo...

well I buy two boots of speed because I actually have two feet
me too =D

i buy 11 doran's rings.... get at that

virg i know u just got a mental image!!!

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Back-to-back Jungle Cho'Gath wins.

@Jaz, I'm not going to keep arguing with you but I will point out your bad math again. Even if you can throw two Es in the same fight I can only throw one, if I have higher AP then my single E will be hitting harder, so there is no way it will even be close to double the damage. Besides that, if you can throw two Es and pop your ult in a fight and I can blow people's faces off with a single E and my ult doing way, way more damage, the fight might be over before that CDR even matters. You can't reduce it to "twice as fast = twice as good."

@Tom, I miss you. Where have you been?

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Back-to-back Jungle Cho'Gath wins.

@Jaz, I'm not going to keep arguing with you but I will point out your bad math again. Even if you can throw two Es in the same fight I can only throw one, if I have higher AP then my single E will be hitting harder, so there is no way it will even be close to double the damage. Besides that, if you can throw two Es and pop your ult in a fight and I can blow people's faces off with a single E and my ult doing way, way more damage, the fight might be over before that CDR even matters. You can't reduce it to "twice as fast = twice as good."

@Tom, I miss you. Where have you been?
So I have DFG, AA, and DC. How do you have so much more AP than me that your 1 Lucent Singularity can beat my 2?

Epic fail. Keep it up.

And at the other guy, I don't care about my ELO or people being dumb and bad-mouthing it. I care about the ******* who think ELO is the end-all be-all for determining skill. It's not. Anyone with any decent IQ can sit down for a few minutes and think about how exactly an individually based rating system can apply to a team-based game. They will quickly come to realize that any type of system like that (PSR in HoN is well documented) only measures the short-term. And even then, the rate-of-change is what's important. The fact that I went from 600 ELO to 983 ELO with an 85% win rate shows I'm not terrible at this game. The numbers don't lie. Only the idiots who see 983 and go "AZEN HAS DOUBLE YOUR ELO TROLOLOL" lie.

Cia

das kwl
Why deathfire grasp? If It's for the CDR, wouldn't blue buff, blue elixir, and CDR boots put you at Max? That item doesn't seem so hot on Lux and ur missing out on something else you can use.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Why deathfire grasp? If It's for the CDR, wouldn't blue buff, blue elixir, and CDR boots put you at Max? That item doesn't seem so hot on Lux and ur missing out on something else you can use.

Everything about DFG is useful on Lux, and useful in general for how this game is played. Coming from HoN, the trend I noticed in the highest-level games was that the team with the most gold won almost all of the time. Applying this logic to LoL has made me realize that gold/second items and Avarice Quints are "borderline broken" (to use a cliché) and are essentially a must on any character that is flexible enough to not have a "do this then that" type of build. Kage's is good for some early game AP and the math behind running Avarice Quints + Greed and 1 5 gold/10 second item is extremely potent. Codex gives her 34% CDR via masteries and Lucidity, AP, and some much needed mana regen.

When you finally combine DFG you have this ridiculously powerful item, and hit the 39% CDR mark. (Codex also puts you in range of hitting max CDR w/ blue pot) The math behind DFG's active is deceptive, but the item is extremely powerful. Hitting a 2.3k hp garen with 120 mres in the midgame deals ~500 dmg. A 500 dmg nuke that has no cast animation, uses no mana, and can be used every 60 seconds? Yes please.

I consider DFG core on basically every AP hero. If your hero can use mana regen, AP, CDR, and more damage, it can use DFG.

DZLE

Smash Master
I've only played one ranked game, but i'm like a Jax main but like I have a ****ton of characters

I just like to play

If anyone wants to play add up EsperEDH and let's do it! Sick of pubbing, so i figure i'd rather play with bro's from SWF~
Even if my bros from SWF suck, it's better than raging at some pub I don't know.

-DZLE

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
See the problem with this thread day in and day out is you guys fail to realize that both of you are intelliget players and it literally gets filled with Dekar trolling Jaz and Jaz rightfully defending himself from stupid bull**** call outs of an ELO he dropped himself.

Ok lemme do something for you guys here.

I have played a number of occasions with both Azen and Jaz

I do not think Azen is 2 times better then Jazriel from playing with the both of them, I won't say anything of their relative skill levels because in a game with so many factors happeing per match, that would be an impossible and silly task.

Jay, you are really high-winded for a player whom in my opinion still has a ton to learn about this game, you have vastly improved don't get me wrong but a lot of your thoughts on this game are still wrong (though on a side note this is something I believe to be a problem with the community itself and if people are interested I could explain it to you in private) so to see you talk like you are all of a sudden better then another person, or get really snippy for no reason and do dumb call outs of the ELO is just a way to cast your own self in a negative light. It's like telling someone their score is indicitive of their skill in any one game.

However to continue to call out players just because your E-Peens need to get their stroke on is bull**** and I swear I will gladly go grab back bein a supermod for a little to slap the infraction hammer until your peens stop typing and your brains do again.

On a side note :teemo:

on a second side note from a few pages back

@Dekar: I've seen a lot of LoL talk on Trundle as he gets more and more play in higher levels and was just pointing out I had called that he was amazing the moment he dropped.

The above statement is another reason I feel the LoL community actually hurts itself.

Top Bottom