• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
The funny thing about 3's is its a lot like single button melee; even if you're the best in the world, nobody cares.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Look john!, I'm not going to tell you that Dekar isn't bad at 5s, cause I'm not a liar. But I fail to see how 3s is imbalanced. There are a lot of viable champs in 3s and while it can be a little more snowbally or swingy than 5s, that's probably because the game is won and lost in near constant activity. You don't sit in lane and farm for 20 min at a time. You fight the other team. Yes, there's some laning, but you are constantly swinging out of lane to grab red buff, get dragon, gank, counter-gank, ward, etc.

In fact, I'm surprised more smashers aren't into 3s, since its a more active and exciting version of the game, which seems to fit more with fighting game kids than the long, drawn out 5s matches. But hey, we live in the era of Brawl, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you guys like to play a passive version of a game. 3s is more like Melee. ;)

john!

Smash Hero
i meant that riot largely does the champion balancing around summoner's rift gameplay. 3s has always been secondary to 5s in the viewpoints of riot and the community. it's like if a badminton player tried to tell me that i was bad at tennis. you can play your game and have fun and it might even be more competitive, but you really don't know as much as you think you know (especially because dekar thinks elo is a true indicator of skill... lol...)

also i thought dekar was the one who played brawl...

Dekar173

Justice Man
Alright, I'm better at 5s than most smashers.

I'm still bad at 5s :(

We'll completely forget I played DotA before you kids even knew what it was, for the sake of all LoL arguments.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I only ever got to im before cal went away forever, but that's not really anything to brag about.

I personally have been playing DotA since before All Stars took over as the only DotA around.

jpak

Smash Lord
Look john!, I'm not going to tell you that Dekar isn't bad at 5s, cause I'm not a liar. But I fail to see how 3s is imbalanced. There are a lot of viable champs in 3s and while it can be a little more snowbally or swingy than 5s, that's probably because the game is won and lost in near constant activity. You don't sit in lane and farm for 20 min at a time. You fight the other team. Yes, there's some laning, but you are constantly swinging out of lane to grab red buff, get dragon, gank, counter-gank, ward, etc.

In fact, I'm surprised more smashers aren't into 3s, since its a more active and exciting version of the game, which seems to fit more with fighting game kids than the long, drawn out 5s matches. But hey, we live in the era of Brawl, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you guys like to play a passive version of a game. 3s is more like Melee. ;)

3s is imbalanced because of the number of people that play it. No one really is interested in it. If you're 1600 in 3s, you still be queuing against 1300s and can just move up that way. But, dekar is at the top of the 3s ladder so I'm sure he played his fair share of good players to get there.

BunBun

Smash Master
I only ever got to im before cal went away forever, but that's not really anything to brag about.

I personally have been playing DotA since before All Stars took over as the only DotA around.
Oh CAL. How I miss thee.

But I don't miss pubscrubs saying "omfg I'm cal i and ur beating me u must be a haker"

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Oh CAL. How I miss thee.

But I don't miss pubscrubs saying "omfg I'm cal i and ur beating me u must be a haker"
True that, and on a single button mm, I'd actually say yes. Although I think I'd also like to make a no jigs agreement, if you'd be so inclined to agree.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero

Le Sigh =(

stupod low elo
People don't like it when you question them, tell them what to do, or forcibly call something early on ("going Malzahar" = taking a solo). You pulled the trifecta there :p

But people liking you is overrated. Nearly every game I go into someone says "omg panda" because for some reason I do things to be remembered. Unfortunately, 90% of the time they say "gg we lose" after the first remark, so I quickly learned to not care what people think.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I've seen a lot of photoshops in my day and this is clearly shopped. First of all, the shadows are all wrong. Second, I can see the lines where you edited. Fake harder n00b. Everyone knows you are the #1 feeder. Just roll with it dude. Photoshopped results screens are so below you.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I'd pick Marth in single button.

How the **** so many creep kills? I last hit so well early - mid game with all my characters but late game it's like nahhhhhhhhh just team fights. Guess I need to

STEP
IT
UP

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just won an hour long 4v5 game with Nidalee of all champs. Feels so good! Done for the night. :D

Edit: On a side note, Zac's gotten a ton better really quickly. Kinda scary.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Edit: On a side note, Zac's gotten a ton better really quickly. Kinda scary.
I learned from the best. Had intense training sessions with Dekar over the winter break. Learned how to carry correctly, manage last hits, and have map awareness (2 bot, lets push top). Haven't figured out how to use Hextech Gunblade yet >>

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Don't worry Zac. You'll always been the #1 SWF feeder in my heart.

But you did take faces last night with Malzahar. Although I'm still torn on my IP spend. I am getting some RP for my birthday in a few weeks, so I might just go ahead and get the cheaper Nidalee/Poppy combo now with IP and then use some RP to pick up Malz then. I do need to get him though. He is SO much fun to play when you've got a competent team around you.

Limeee

Smash Champion
honestly vlad is my favorite character
no one else in my game had more than three kills and most of them fed eve except for my rammus

vlad is the easiest character to carry with IMO
:009:

what are the sickest scores you guys have gotten? not that score matters but its a good way to show off :bee:

Frolossus

Smash Lord
honestly vlad is my favorite character
no one else in my game had more than three kills and most of them fed eve except for my rammus

vlad is the easiest character to carry with IMO
:009:

what are the sickest scores you guys have gotten? not that score matters but its a good way to show off :bee:
once pre-30 i had 30 some kills in a 2v5 cause the other team was stupid but it was still impossible to win

Top Bottom