• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dekar173

Justice Man
See the problem with this thread day in and day out is you guys fail to realize that both of you are intelliget players and it literally gets filled with Dekar trolling Jaz and Jaz rightfully defending himself from stupid bull**** call outs of an ELO he dropped himself.
He called Azen's build bad, when Azen is 1800+ ELO, and he is sub 1000.

ELO may not be the end all be all indicator of skill in LoL, but if you are LOW LOW LOW ELO you absolutely CAN NOT judge the skill or decisions of other players, you just can't.

As for Jaz saying "omg I don't play ranked HURR DURR" do you really think normals are an indicator of how the metagame is, competitively?

If so, WoW, go play it instead.

jpak

Smash Lord
solo queue ELO is not really that great of an indicator of how good someone is. you will find that some 1900 players are just as good or worse than 1500 players. then its a bunch of luck of who you're matched with and how hard you can carry the team. arranged 5s is a better indictor. but dkear`s comment about low lowlow elo is pretty accurate

i said vlad sux earlier NVM ABOUT THATTT

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
btw guys, ^ this is actually a gif of Pakman at work. ^

@Kevin, I like the utility Trundle has to offer a team and with the way jungling has become less safe in the recent patches, I think he's definitely a viable choice as a jungler/anti-carry. By taking pillar of filth early, you can gank as low as level two if your laning champs are getting pushed back already and you can escape an attempted gank in the jungle pretty easily. In team fights his pillar works like Anivia's wall to split up the enemy team and slow down their melee, plus you can use your ult to weaken the primary target. Works nicely.

@Jaz, we were talking specifically about prioritizing CDR vs AP in the early-mid game. You seem to be suddenly talking about the late game, as if Lux isn't going to hit like a train with any AP heavy build in the late game. Go to leaguecraft.com and build your build and then do the build I posted, then check the stats. Both builds cap out the CDR with masteries and CDR glyphs. So late game is doesn't matter in terms of CDR. But early-to-mid game, Azen's build will hit WAY harder than yours with the early Deathcap and the extra magic pen from his choice of boots. I'd rather take that bonus burst to finish kills quickly, rather than get my light binding back a whole 2-3 seconds sooner and hope my team isn't losing by then.

Maybe you don't like the approach, but Azen is using it at 1800 elo and being consistently successful, so calling his build bad is clearly speaking from ignorance. You can say there is some degree of uncertainty with the way players fall into elo brackets, but you can't deny there is a major, major skill gap between the 900 level players and the 1800 level players. And I'm willing to bet you can't find a single person on this forum or in all of LoL that thinks Azen got that high based on lucky match-ups rather than skill and cunning. The approach works. The build is not bad. End of discussion.

on another side note: :teemo:

S l o X

Smash Champion
**** ubuntu. (.gif)

i can't play league of legends on it >_>

lol hotshot playing vlad and wrecked westrice. something lol related here.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
@Jaz, we were talking specifically about prioritizing CDR vs AP in the early-mid game.
No I wasn't. You're talking about how some weird build using Philo Stone (No ap or cdr) and Tear (no ap or cdr) for the early game makes your E's do twice as much damage as mine.

I'm talking about how my build using Kage, Codex, and AP/lvl Glyphs does more damage, has more CDR, and overall utilizes the strengths for Lux better because it is a strong(er) early/mid game build and sets her up for the mid/late game better. What use is philo stone on Lux? You gonna turn that into a Shurelya's?

Azen is using it at 1800 elo and being consistently successful
See? Your idiocy continues. Azen Zagenite has a 42% win rate with Lux. That is NOT "successful."

And CDR runes? ROFL. You have no idea how funny that is. CDR runes are trash unless you're using Focus for a specific reason. AP/Lvl Glyphs are so superiour to them I can't even comprehend you would defend something as simple as that. That means Azen's build has like 30-40 AP for the first 15 minutes of the game, and what, like 25% CDR? Good job wasting mana to do no damage haha.

My build has 108 AP by 15 minutes and 34% CDR. Oh, I guess the 30 hp regen/5 on your Lux makes all the difference though, because a hero with the longest range in the game gets hit so often.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
You aren't even paying attention to what I've said and putting words into my mouth to justify your position. Not worth discussing anymore.

Instead, lets talk about how awesome Cho'Gath is. Seriously. This voidthing is underrated.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
You aren't even paying attention to what I've said and putting words into my mouth to justify your position. Not worth discussing anymore.

It was never worth talking about. You're the one that started it. It's cute though that you fallaciously created this idea that the argument was about "AP vs CDR in the early-game" when it never was. Azen's build doesn't build CDR, and builds Philo Stone. Both are bad. That's the end of it.

By all means, continue to think that you've won. That's what the internet is for after all, zero accountability.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
He's one of the top US players. He was on the CLG team that won the world championships and he streams a lot, usually with thousands of viewers watching. He is also really obnoxious and rages at people and screws around in ranked with random characters if he's in a bad mood.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If Jiji's not captain, it's not done right

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Considering how good he is, would be a shame otherwise.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Captain my ****. I don't care if he has the title captain (really have no idea because I don't care about the inner workings of CLG), he's still clearly worse than Regi, JiJi, and Chauster and I would argue that Kobe and Dan Dihn are both better too, with Elementz and HSGG being relatively close in terms of skill (and iirc, Elementz left, right?)

Also, solo queue is significantly more accurate than most people are willing to acknowledge. The truth can be hard to swallow sometimes.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I believe for the National and World Championships, Hotshot was captain but for the recent Newegg/whatever tourneys, Jiji was the captain.

And yes, I believe Elementz left.

And I think Reginald is the best player, personally.

jpak

Smash Lord
how can you say they are worse? they play different roles and play them well. dan dinh does not play for clg atm, elementz is still on the team. solo queue is not that accurate. i guess it is hard for people like hotshot and elementz who are in the top 25 to swallow that too when they say the same exact thing. there is significantly less team work and organization than in arranged 5s game where people are playing their team hopefully to the full potential. i am 1400 in solo and ~1650 in 5s i guess i suck?

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
"I usually lock in a Rally + Smite Soraka when I want someone else to que dodge so I don't have to wait the 5 minutes. (no joke) I'd like to see Riot try and fix that one! It always makes me laugh though when nobody que dodges.. and I have to be the one to do it, scares me to think that some people are really that idiotic."

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I plan on being on tonight around 11 est.

Mr.C

Smash Master
I play, name kisskissbangbang. Just seen Azen Zagenite on TreeEskimo's stream lol. I'll be playing competitively in march and will break 2k, heard it here first.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
You newbies to the thread, go to the "swf" chat channel to find people to play with.

Good games tonight @Frolossus, jpak, evanms, Zac, etc... 4 straight games of win, with three surrenders. Ashe, Kennen, Trundle, Swain for me. Never a dull moment and lots and lots of IP.

I'm back over the 6300 mark again. Deciding between Malzahar or Nidalee/Poppy. Skmmm... decisions, decisions...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Wtf @ MM. I played a game where I ****ed around the whole time (after stomping early game) and got a completely undeserved win because their first 2 picks were Tryndamere and Karthus. Their highest ELO was 70 lower than ours...

Admittedly, though, Karthus did well. But Trynd fed.

I wish I could farm ELO right now with AP Gragas before they nerf deathcap. Screw medical school :/

Top Bottom