• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I feel like the split was kind of wierd for Kennen.

I still go boots (i guess both pen or the cooldown boots work for Kennen, I would still go Sorc though)
guise/mejais
rylais
hourglass?
then the new hat.

I still think rylais is important due to the hp + stats for kennen. But sometimes if I'm getting fed/doing really well/ not getting focused I skip hourglass for the hat.

Does this sound reasonable?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
So Udyr can now jungle faster and more safe with Vampiric Scypter and Tiger stance; he gets Lv5, Emblem of Valour, Boots 1, and a Purple Ward at the 5min 10 sec mark. Then he can almost (like 200hp) solo dragon lol.

Oh... and he destroys towers faster... much faster.

jpak

Smash Lord
you guys should try a solo lane with udyr it works well, specially if ure against someone like pantheon

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
udyr has always dumped on slow pushing melee heroes in a solo lane. ****ing hotshot made me stop jungling after 1 clear to solo top vs. trynd once after he gave up first blood and it was probably the easiest time I've ever had soloing in a lane ever. Turtle stance imba.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Some notes:

1. CDR boots are making me like this game again
2. LOLOLOLOL deathcap makes AP Gragas OP <3 <3 (note I don't think deathcap needs a nerf)
3. So many fiddlesticks wtf. Early solo dragon isn't THAT big a deal.
4. CDR boots make me hit the CDR cap with pirate so fast lololol
5. Remember how I called the Doran's Ring change makes it worse standalone but better stacked? My default AP build is now 4 rings, CDR boots, then Deathcap. Its so f'ing good.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Deathcap is undoubtably in need of a nerf, though I think it should be a relatively gentle nerf. I think the cost should be upped to old zhonya's cost (3460 instead of 3300) and the AP should be reduced to 140 or 145. But the fact that overnight casters went from being one of the weaker roles to what seems to be the strongest should be indicative that they overdid it.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Don't really get calling some one out for feeling good about a prediction. I get the impression he's more excited about it working than that he was profoundly right.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Yeah umm... really awkward call out there.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
it's also absolutely hilarious and completely throws most people off when they're getting *****. it's worth noting though that solo mid Alistar needs to shift off of mid and let a carry take the lane somewhere around level 5-7 when he should gank opposing jungle/lanes like it's his job.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I've just been running caster runes on him, but tonight I'm going to do some research on what No Doubt and Reep have been running as they are the 2 cows that have stuck out in my mind semi-recently.

so like,
9/0/21
Mpen/Mp5pL/APpL/AP

and then just a Sion Item build
Solo:
d-ring
boots
sheen
CDR boots
Deathcap
Lichbane

Duo:
d-ring
CDR boots
2 more d-rings
Deathcap

I'm intersted to see what the really good ones do though.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Deathcap is undoubtably in need of a nerf, though I think it should be a relatively gentle nerf. I think the cost should be upped to old zhonya's cost (3460 instead of 3300) and the AP should be reduced to 140 or 145. But the fact that overnight casters went from being one of the weaker roles to what seems to be the strongest should be indicative that they overdid it.
I wholeheartedly agree with you tbh, but the reason I said "doesn't need a nerf" is because I know if/when it gets the nerf, it will be OVER nerfed, making casters weak again.

And I don't mind getting called out for the D-ring stacking thing. I should have said its my "AP Gragas and Cassi build" rather than my default AP build. Both of those characters need survivability + AP (Cassi's design means she needs to be in combat for a while) so thats why D-ring stacking is not only effective, but in my opinion one of the most optimal builds early game for those 2. I haven't played any other caster post-patch.

Don't really get calling some one out for feeling good about a prediction. I get the impression he's more excited about it working than that he was profoundly right.
Oh you. <3

Just for that, I'll share my current Pirate build. APen marks + quints, Mp5/lvl seals + glyphs, exhaust ghost, 19/0/11 (may switch to 21/0/9 if I don't need the extra mana regen), start with cloth + 5 reds, rush wriggle + CDR boots + Visage, then get Ghostblade. Skills R>Q>W>E (1st point in E).

I think that build may work better than my Shurelya build if I'm soloing, but in a duo lane I prefer Shurelya, utility, CDR glyphs, so I hit max CDR after CDR boots + Shurelya. That build is also good but like I said may be better for side lane than solo (will take more experimenting :p)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Can someone explain how Life Steal works exactly. If I normally do 100 damage with 20% Lifesteal, will I deal 100 damage and heal 20? or deal 100 and steal 20 more? I assume its the first.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Ok, lets say I use 20% Life steal, Turtle Lv5, and Spirit Visage. How much am I healing per attack if I deal 100 dmg after armor/resists?

Does spirit visage also increase mana heal from turtle?

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Not to mention the whole utility, map control, and pushing presence she brings to a game. Also being able to snipe objectives, farm like a beast, semi-carry, flexible item builds, the list goes on. Lux is #1 utility hero and #2 support imo. Well, maybe #2 utility behind morg or someone else, but Lux is really good.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
TY Mog

Stonewall has a path for Tiger Udyr finishing at 3min 50sec: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkF7GHL-waE

Here's a new one I've been playing with:

• All Attack Speed runes
  • 21/0/9
  • Start with Vampiric Scepter
  • Use 1 Tiger @ Wolves. Use 1 Tiger @ Wraiths (smite big one first). Use 2 Tiger @ Golems
  • Back and buy Emblem of Valour
  • Go from Blue through Red spamming Tiger (use turtle at blue to keep monkey agility at 3)
  • You are now Lv5. You can back and buy Boots 1 and Vision Ward
  • Total Time (2 trips): 5m 10sec

After wolves the second time, you are level 4 so you can gank top/mid/bot if necessary or continue and get red. After completing round 2 of jungle and hitting 5, you can go ward dragon and kill it at 6min with a little help from one person. Once you build Starks you never have to back. You go from 0% to 100% health in about 25 sec of hitting creeps.

Also, you take down towers from full health with only 2 Tiger stances at Lv9+ O.o

Tiger Jungle Udyr is better than Phoenix Jungle for 3 reasons:
  • It's just as fast if not faster
  • When you gank hitting them once procs tiger poison vs 3 hit requirement for phoenix (dmg was nerfed too)
  • You can take down towers extremely fast.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Meh, I won't go into where she ranks among roles because where you draw the line between supporting and not supporting and utility and not utility is extremely hairy (for instance, is it supporting to snare in coming champs? If so, is she better as a support champ than say... Shen? Who gives the character you care about a bigger shield and provides more focused and harder CC than Lux. Or say alistar who CCes the ever-loving **** out of anyone who gets near your carry + provides solid heals in a poking battle?)

But she has very good damage, a very good shield, and very good CC. She doesn't give your team any one thing that's exceptional, but she gives you a lot of very good things. And her range on EVERYTHING is huge. So yea, she's just really good.

Incidentally, I am always in games with idiots who are like, "we can win level 1 fight, Lux sucks in level 1 fight!" Which drives me crazy because she's a level 1 fight superstar with ****ing light binding for the same reason Morg's a level 1 monster with Dark Binding, only more so because she snags 2 of you.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
So, just played a normal game with rambo and other 1800+. I ****ed up one time in the beginning (should have ulted to save rambo but just taunted instead :urg:), but don't think I did bad after that. Still, we got our ***** handed to us.

Then solo queued a game against an all magic team, told my team to get MR, and only Ryze did. Our Pantheon then proceeded to yell at me. I wasn't playing great by any means, but when they have 4 CC's and you just go attack, you're not going to get their carry. Need to duo queue with some one :(

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I've actually been doing OK with Lux by copying Azen's build but if your tanks aren't doing well keeping the enemy champs off you, you just die so fast that its silly. She's kinda like... if you are winning she will help you win more. If you are losing she will hurt you that much more for being so squishy and having long-ish cooldowns. I do see her value, but I just think there are better casters to be playing.

Azens build for her is:
D Ring
Philosopher's Stone
Boots 1 --> Sorc Boots
Deathcap
AA Staff
then if the game isn't over yet some kind of survivability. I go Frozen Heart for the added CDR.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
when stealing Azen's builds, it is incredibly important to understand that Azen plays unbelievably cautiously and will literally never lose you the game. This typically manifests itself in builds that don't really care about survivability as he just never really lets himself get hit (from what I've seen).

_kSo_

Smash Master
would you guys typically go AP -> lich bane sion or dps -> phantom dancer/IE sion?

from what I've seen dps does better late game, while AP does better early/mid game...however I could be wrong...I don't play sion ever...but he does seem interesting and i would like to try him out ^_^

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I've made a lot of arguments for DPS Sion in the past, but I've always missed 1 key point, which is that Sion's Attack Speed is pretty damn bad and the attack animation is poor and is always a giant handicap that ruins his DPS viability. 100% straight AP:

9/0/21
Mpen/Mp5pL/APpL/AP
Flash/Ignite

Solo:
d-ring
boots
sheen
CDR boots
Deathcap
Lichbane

Duo:
d-ring
CDR boots
2 more d-rings
Deathcap

Finish with some combo of Zhonya's Hourglass, Void Staff, and Abyssal Scepter while pumping blue elixirs for absurd AP and capping your CDR.

EDIT: yea that's rambo

_kSo_

Smash Master
I've made a lot of arguments for DPS Sion in the past, but I've always missed 1 key point, which is that Sion's Attack Speed is pretty damn bad and the attack animation is poor and is always a giant handicap that ruins his DPS viability. 100% straight AP:

9/0/21
Mpen/Mp5pL/APpL/AP
Flash/Ignite

Solo:
d-ring
boots
sheen
CDR boots
Deathcap
Lichbane

Duo:
d-ring
CDR boots
2 more d-rings
Deathcap

Finish with some combo of Zhonya's Hourglass, Void Staff, and Abyssal Scepter while pumping blue elixirs for absurd AP and capping your CDR.

EDIT: yea that's rambo
great! thanks mogwai, i will try him out when i get back from work ^_^

and i always thought his base AS was a little low....straight AP is great for me kuz i have a lot of caster runes haha

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I've actually been doing OK with Lux by copying Azen's build but if your tanks aren't doing well keeping the enemy champs off you, you just die so fast that its silly. She's kinda like... if you are winning she will help you win more. If you are losing she will hurt you that much more for being so squishy and having long-ish cooldowns. I do see her value, but I just think there are better casters to be playing.

Azens build for her is:
D Ring
Philosopher's Stone
Boots 1 --> Sorc Boots
Deathcap
AA Staff
then if the game isn't over yet some kind of survivability. I go Frozen Heart for the added CDR.
That's a terrible build for Lux. :/

No CDR at all is complete fail. CDR boots were a huge buff for Lux, because now she can hit 39% CDR with just two items (DFG + Boots). Philo stone also won't give her enough mana regen when it comes to the mid-game. The lack of CDR gives her no utility, all what you would do with a build like that is throw down an E and run away.

Top Bottom