• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

john!

Smash Hero
What the ****, that makes no sense at all.

the more you know
well, crunch the numbers:

if they have 1 armor, their damage reduction is 1%, and a point of armor pen brings their damage reduction to 0%, which means you do roughly (1/100) = 1% increased damage

if they have 101 armor, their damage reduction is 50.25%, and a point of armor pen brings their damage reduction to 50%, which means you do roughly (.25/50) = .5% increased damage

flat armor pen is better the less armor they have

Frolossus

Smash Lord
is it weird that vayne is the hardest AD carry for me?

i don't get how to lane her, i don't get how to fight her, i don't get how these solo queue vaynes just terrorize everyone

like i see everyone do it, even like people i destroy in lane, but i have 0 idea how to ever become that hyper carry
thats how i felt for a long time
just practice a ton and get used to positioning with her cause she has a tiny range and spammable tumble

Is it the same for magic resist?
yep, if they have less MR(for instance 30) and you have 30 mpen then your spells are doing true damage where if they had 40 magic res and you had 30 pen you get less out of it

Coney

Smash Master
is it weird that vayne is the hardest AD carry for me?

i don't get how to lane her, i don't get how to fight her, i don't get how these solo queue vaynes just terrorize everyone

like i see everyone do it, even like people i destroy in lane, but i have 0 idea how to ever become that hyper carry
I feel the same way, but about every AD carry. It sounds weird and I can play all of them pretty well, but I always feel underdeveloped for some reason. I can have similar farm, even kills, whatever, and it just feels like they do more.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Zac's Ashe, lol.
I plan to arrow in my own lane tho
Ashe rushing Hawkshot new FoTM?
I'm really sad that you took that seriously.
I didn't. I know zac. he's an excellent player. Just trying to play devils advocate
... Why you guys troll me.

Hawkshot ashe so good. Even if you lose your lane (not often at all) you will always be better than their ad carry. I mean, what else are you going to do. Win trades against vayne/graves/cait as ashe cause you maxed volley first. Good gravy I've been doing it wrong.

/5gold

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Our banner doesnt ban Shen, other team FPs him, 3rd pick autlocks jungle ashe.

best

game

EDIT:

... We won.

I don't know what to think anymore

Rad

Smash Ace
How do you guys play Anivia 1-5? It's like you have the strongest pre-6 aggressive tools of any AP, but they come with some of the biggest drawbacks. I've had the most success playing a sort of reactive style; just trying to farm until 6 unless the opponent gets aggressive, at which point I turn on them and trade as hard as possible (kind of like Karthus). On most APs I play very aggressively in lane because I feel like that's the strongest way to play, but I don't have the confidence to do that with Anivia. I'm wondering, should I?

:144:

john!

Smash Hero
I wanna get to plat now just to post me in plat with the following text:

JOHN, SEE?!
congrats, but is this directed at me?

i don't see why you shouldn't get gold if you improved enough to deserve it (or perhaps simply played enough games to deserve it, with a 57% win rate)

come back when get a 0% win rate with a hero and actually have a good k/d/r... then you'll have a legitimate complaint ;) (although i doubt it will happen to you or anyone else in this thread)

How do you guys play Anivia 1-5? It's like you have the strongest pre-6 aggressive tools of any AP, but they come with some of the biggest drawbacks. I've had the most success playing a sort of reactive style; just trying to farm until 6 unless the opponent gets aggressive, at which point I turn on them and trade as hard as possible (kind of like Karthus). On most APs I play very aggressively in lane because I feel like that's the strongest way to play, but I don't have the confidence to do that with Anivia. I'm wondering, should I?
very carefully lol. q is sort of a reactionary tool for when your opponent tries to get in your face at early levels. don't use it to harass or farm unless your opponent's spells are on cooldown for a while, or if you are about to head back to heal

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
losing 4 games in a row with gragas because of a dc makes me sad :(
maaaaaaaaaaaaan dem dcs.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
I had this one time in ranked when I was maokai and we were winning, that our kennen dc'd for 10 minutes, and we lost the game after. That was my first loss with maokai. So undeserved =(

D

Deleted member

If you miss your q, half the cast can royally **** you up before 6 if their cd's are still up.
so don't miss, feels like a better game to me where if u miss u get ***** for it (and anivia freeze --> icicle is still pretty good)

Top Bottom