• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Frolossus

Smash Lord
How do you guys play Anivia 1-5? It's like you have the strongest pre-6 aggressive tools of any AP, but they come with some of the biggest drawbacks. I've had the most success playing a sort of reactive style; just trying to farm until 6 unless the opponent gets aggressive, at which point I turn on them and trade as hard as possible (kind of like Karthus). On most APs I play very aggressively in lane because I feel like that's the strongest way to play, but I don't have the confidence to do that with Anivia. I'm wondering, should I?

:144:
stand back and farm don't be aggressive pre 6 unless the enemy is making it stupidly simple to hit them

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Trying to understand why some flat runes are better even when they are outclassed at lvl 4.
Because what you're trying to accomplish needs to be done pre-4. Like maximize the damage in level 2/3 ganks.

-DD

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So only if your trying to gank an not sit in lane?

i understand for early damage but even then when it loses it's advantage at 4, it loses it's luster for me in lane.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So only if your trying to gank an not sit in lane?

i understand for early damage but even then when it loses it's advantage at 4, it loses it's luster for me in lane.
Well if you get that level 2/level 3 dominance, then you have the gold/item/creep advantage and you just need to play to keep that up.
-DD

Leacero

Smash Lord
How do you guys play Anivia 1-5? It's like you have the strongest pre-6 aggressive tools of any AP, but they come with some of the biggest drawbacks. I've had the most success playing a sort of reactive style; just trying to farm until 6 unless the opponent gets aggressive, at which point I turn on them and trade as hard as possible (kind of like Karthus). On most APs I play very aggressively in lane because I feel like that's the strongest way to play, but I don't have the confidence to do that with Anivia. I'm wondering, should I?

:144:
You're doing it right, she has 600 range so its not that hard to farm safely with her auto as compared to say Morgana. You can use Q to clear creep waves pre-6 if you're sure you can get the bulk of the cs that you wouldn't get otherwise without taking massive harass, but you'd have to play defensively until it's back up (but that's okay since you should've gotten at least the caster minions with Q).

Then when you hit 6 go crazy.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I don't think anyone uses health regen though.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
go tanky ap and get all your hp back from spellvamp lol

Kira-

Smash Champion
maan one time i had a positive k/d ratio and we still lost the game, it was so horrible and undeserved i dont think i will ever play solo queue again

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I run health regen quints on some top lanes, but now spellvamp quints are pretty fantastic on a lot of characters. The idea is that the regen is more importan early before you can build actual sustain.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I run health regen quints on some top lanes, but now spellvamp quints are pretty fantastic on a lot of characters. The idea is that the regen is more importan early before you can build actual sustain.
what champs would you run spellvamp quints on?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
what champs would you run spellvamp quints on?
Renekton, Mundo, and WW for sure, and I do it with some of the pokier tops like GP / Panth / Shen if I'm not comfortable meleeing early in the matchup. Considering picking up normal vamp quints for some, though, and it's not priority atm because I rarely top.

bassem6

Smash Lord
If anyone here is interested, I've decided to start a blog about my experiences in competitive gaming.

I just posted the first post about solo queue mentality in League of Legends here:
http://mogwaismusings.wordpress.com/2012/02/20/soloqueuementality/
good read, I wholeheartedly agree.

Renekton, Mundo, and WW for sure, and I do it with some of the pokier tops like GP / Panth / Shen if I'm not comfortable meleeing early in the matchup. Considering picking up normal vamp quints for some, though, and it's not priority atm because I rarely top.
Renekton- Ad quints better imo. Your q will deal more damage and thus grant you more health and everything else you do will do more damage (besides ult) ,

mundo- I could maybe see them on him, though I never play mundo so I wouldnt know.

WW- Ap quints imo because your q will do more damage and you get enough healing from it as it is (idk about junglewick, seems like it would be excessive on him though since hes already one of the safest junglers).

I run spellvamp quints on kennen
Meh, AP quints are so good for harassing them down pre 6 and helping you get that first blood. Hextech is a pretty staple kennen item so the damage from the runes would be more beneficial overall imo.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wouldn't you get strictly more health back from flat ap quints on warwick, in addition to even more damage?

Also, wouldn't you get strictly more health back from lifesteal quints on gp than spellvamp.

Is sustain even a major factor in pantheon lanes? I was under the impression for a pantheon lane to work, you have to crush your opponent- not by out-sustaining them, but by forcing them away from creeps, and then to recall and gain a level advantage. You're not gonna pick pantheon vs sustain lanes anyways. Why play to your weaknesses.

Not gonna do the math on the others, but lifesteal seems like it'd be better on the rest (minus mundo if he's jungling), if you're gonna have sustain quints at all.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Dan, I did just say I dont have lifesteal quints yet, so I use the vamp in place because the pokes work with it for now.

As far as WW goes, flat AP quints are, what, 5?

15 AP = 12 health back regardless of rank (80% of damage done), and only if the total flat magic damage is higher than 8 / 11 / 14 / 17 / 20% of their max HP.
6% Spell Vamp: Assuming Doran's Ring

75 / 125 / 175 / 225 / 275 base + 10 from ring

5.1 / 8.1 / 10.5 / 14.1 / 17.1 additional healing on the flat damage.

Additionally, if they build hp at all and they're farming at least decently, odds are you might invoke the %max HP damage rather than flat as you rank up, seeing as you don't build AP past ring typically. It's preference towards mid/late game for me, seeing as the difference in healing is minimal early and can be substantial later.

As far as Mundo and Ren are concerned, spellvamp is nuts for both of them and if there were pure AD items with Vamp I can guarantee they'd be core for em.

EDIT: Wait, isn't the entire point of Pantheon to go against some of the top sustainers and beat them before they can really sustain? Vamp only helps in poke wars in my experience.

I guess I'm just weird in some of the ways I do things.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
How do you keep sustainers from sustaining aside from being stupidly aggressive?

Kira-

Smash Champion
OMG really wtf what a freak occurrence that's crazy glad u made this post
LOLOL btw my bad for leaving without saying bye, you guys were all in long, intense sets and i was starving and smashed out but it was awesome seeing you again

see you either in the IEM grand finals or the foosball national championships

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Spell Vamp not worth it on Pantheon unless you also dealt with his mana. He would have to be using Spear consistently without sapping his mana, and there's no good time for him to do that to get any edge specifically from the runes. Early levels you're better off with AD and Armor Pen to beast them in trades and bully the lane. Later on there it would be too easy for other champs to sustain themselves for the spell vamp to matter laning.

It would be fine on Mundo because of cleavers.

Top Bottom