• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Problem with Cait is average midgame.

Ashe still good pick if you have a team very good at instagibbing one person, b/c then her arrow makes initation a breeze.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
and i swear the few times i've done it i've crit more with 4% than i have with 20%, some bull**** there
I'm imagining them denying you so hard that your passive builds up enough...

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I just learned the best way to play Cait. Win at champ select, get ahead as a team, then go 3 BF swords, upgrade them to each of the 3 only after boots 2, then buy a Tiamat.

And let PX Udyr carry instead.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Just saw Salce do AP nunu mid against Anivia... and he Consumed and heals 2/3 of his health. Lol, how annoying.

Tiger Udyr the funnest Udyr... even in jangle.

Coney

Smash Master
ap nunu is one of the most fun things to play in the game, especially top lane because they're usually melee autoattackers

it obviously sucks overall but holy **** it is like, the ultimate farm denial tool

its like he lives for nothing but to make tryndamere worthless

solecalibur

Smash Master
I think Ashe is fine. She can handle some bot lane matchups well and still offers an insane amount of utility. Her ult can remove an entire champion before a fight begins. She just needs minor buffs for laning.
they need to change her AA animation
I know its a bow vs a gun but my lord does it take forever for the animation to start up on her AA

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I feel like as Amumu the best strat is to counter jungle their blue as a team.

Seeing Fiddle or Amumu on the character loading screen is like "Please steal my Blue and severely **** up my early game."

:phone:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Me and my friends have been counter Jungling quite sucessfully recently.

Denying Shaco/Lee Sin/Fiddle their **** feels good.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I love amumu when he's on the enemy team. Sometimes you'll notice him silently watching in the corner or on a ward while you kill his team or take a dragon or a turret.

He just cries.

So good.

Omni

BRoomer
So I picked up Skarner yesterday. Holy ****. This guy is exactly how you described him, Dphat. He's so good in solo-queue because I feel like his Ult is one of the few CC's that visibly force your team to focus on that one person whereas if I'm Udyr I'll stun the enemy AP mage and people will run around chasing Singed.

But yea, went 6-2 with Skarner. Man, such a boss. Such a boss. Dunno' if I'll keep up with Lee Sin; the nerfs don't really phase him IMO, but I think I tend to lean toward just indestructible junglers (Udyr, Skarner) and I think I prefer Nocturne/Shaco over Lee Sin.

I think the last jungler I'll visit will be Rammus. If you guys think he's worth learning as a jungler main that is.

Current Jungler Favorite List:
1.) Skarner
2.) Udyr
3.) Shaco
4.) Nocturne
5.) Amumu

I love amumu when he's on the enemy team. Sometimes you'll notice him silently watching in the corner or on a ward while you kill his team or take a dragon or a turret.

He just cries.

So good.

The thing is though if you can successfully make it through early game I feel like Amumu is a complete bad *** mid/late game. Probably the best CC ult in the game that compliments a huge array of champ AOE's. Bandage Toss, W, E = great gank and allows him to escape Lee Sin'ish style. Amumu is just awesome, but early game.... meh.

Omni

BRoomer
I'm starting to see a trend with the whole "I'm so bad early game but once I'm built I'M OP SUCKER!"
Hm? Whaddaya' mean?

Some characters are great early game and fall off late game (Shaco) whereas some characters are meh early game and get sick late game (Tryndamere). Isn't that just a trend with a specific set of champs?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm starting to see a trend with the whole "I'm so bad early game but once I'm built I'M OP SUCKER!"
I thought the meta was leaning towards early victories over late game grindfests? That's what I've been told, at least.

Rammus is easy to jungle with, Omni. Get red, get blue, PB/Taunt gank gank gank. :applejack:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hm? Whaddaya' mean?

Some characters are great early game and fall off late game (Shaco) whereas some characters are meh early game and get sick late game (Tryndamere). Isn't that just a trend with a specific set of champs?
Well in low level play all you see are carries(Or AP mages trying to carry) and late game boomers. Though i guess I've seen a tank every now and then..

/nubplayer

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Lol sounds like a solid jungle line up omni, I definitely recommend you picking up rammus on the off chance that he isn't banned.

This one time this weekend, the other team didn't ban rammus against me and then I picked him. Then they picked 3 AD champions. Damn near creamed my pants. Nothing like 300 Armor Rammus before he even hits W.

Omni

BRoomer
Kk, I will. I'll officially end my jungle list there. 6 Junglers with 6 Rune pages should be efficient enough.

I think I'll leave the last 4 pages for my second role: Supports. Which I'll prolly run Sona, Soraka, Janna, and Taric. Then I'll be ready to take on the world at LVL 30 (currently at LVL 29).

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Kk, I will. I'll officially end my jungle list there. 6 Junglers with 6 Rune pages should be efficient enough.

I think I'll leave the last 4 pages for my second role: Supports. Which I'll prolly run Sona, Soraka, Janna, and Taric. Then I'll be ready to take on the world at LVL 30 (currently at LVL 29).
What rune pages are you using? I just use AS red / quints, armor yellows and mres blues on most of the characters I jangle with.

EDIT: Nvm, you are running some jungles with more specific rune reqs than the stereotypical, lol.

Omni

BRoomer
For Udyr/Skarner: AS Red, Armor yellow, Mres blue, movement speed quints
For Shaco/Nocturne: 3 AS Red, 6 Armor Pen Red; Armor yellow, Atk Speed Blue, Flat Str Quints
For Amumu: Flat Armor Red, Flat Armor Yellow, MR Blue, and +1 gps Quints (lol)

So I guess I technically don't need 6 pages. I wonder what Runes I should run on Rammus?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What's a good CC tank? I kinda wanna try that kinda style out. So far i've used Annie and Xin Zhao, I enjoy playing both due to me naturally loving DPS classes from other MMOs. But in a recent game I played as Xin Zhao, i was always focused that for a while in my inexperience, I wasn't doing much (i did adapt though and eventually once I stopped falling for their ganks my team won) but I was thinking I should try the tank role as I love charging in on people and you can't do as a squishy.

Tanky dps works toO

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
For Shaco/Nocturne: 3 AS Red, 6 Armor Pen Red; Armor yellow, Atk Speed Blue, Flat Str Quints

So I guess I technically don't need 6 pages. I wonder what Runes I should run on Rammus?
I run AS/ArPen Marks, Armor Quints, Armor Seals, MRes/level Blues on Rammus.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

Armor and attack speed!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Lol my nocturne page is quite different, I actually opt to run flat ad reds and quints in order to get faster clear. 15 ad start on nocturne is a noticable clear difference and I often hit 6 the same time the solo lanes do.

So like, a Riven rune page with attack speed?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Attack speed isn't needed on nocturne due to his w passively giving him attack speed. Nocturne gets like the most free stats off his abilities.

So AD Quint / AD Red / Armor yellow / Mres blue?

Hot, I can just use my Rive page for Nocturne.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This one time this weekend, the other team didn't ban rammus against me and then I picked him. Then they picked 3 AD champions. Damn near creamed my pants. Nothing like 300 Armor Rammus before he even hits W.
Best feeling in the world, mate. :applejack:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can choose two pages for Noc. The flat AD which is good for his passive proc, or AS which makes him proc his passive more frequently. Former better for initial jungle clear, latter for teamfights and sustain. Either way he still gets a bunch of free AD and AS.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You can choose two pages for Noc. The flat AD which is good for his passive proc, or AS which makes him proc his passive more frequently. Former better for initial jungle clear, latter for teamfights and sustain. Either way he still gets a bunch of free AD and AS.

If you're playing soloq it's all about the early game.

Coney

Smash Master
Yeah, and for that reason I'm swapping out my ArmPen reds for AD on my carry page later today. I always feel like the fat kid playing dodgeball when I have 59 AD at level 1.

john!

Smash Hero
i used mostly amumu this season until about 1400 elo, then i starting getting counterjungled and stopped using him LOL

he stomps low elo really hard, people are unorganized and aren't good at pressing their advantage for early victories. so the ability to initiate a battle and crush late game is invaluable

Top Bottom