• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm so excited to have another Akali.
And right next to her at Champ Select too!
I'm giddy.
-DD

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
my yi runs super fast, dunks on stoner bros and rude dudes all DAY

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
so I played my first Soraka game with smartcast

7/0/25

How did I play without smartcast before, I don't even know

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
So all you AP carry karmas, be sure to tell the underlings not to tell everyone they are support then proceed to use abilities and AAs to clear waves so that you starve the ad carry of cs. After crippling the ad carry, yell at the ap carry mid for "stealing the blue buff." Thanks, I don't want to deal with that again.

D

Deleted member

i'd build it if your ******** ad carry absolutely refuses to get life steal

if 2+ people auto attack on your team for main dps i think its extremely worth it

voorhese

Smash Master
So all you AP carry karmas, be sure to tell the underlings not to tell everyone they are support then proceed to use abilities and AAs to clear waves so that you starve the ad carry of cs. After crippling the ad carry, yell at the ap carry mid for "stealing the blue buff." Thanks, I don't want to deal with that again.
this^ he ended up having like 150 cs as the "support" and then yelled at me for stealing blue... and i was anivia...

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Done with solo queue. I get up to 1400, then fall, because I literally have the WORST luck.

Makes me so angry, and I don't know what to do about it...I hate being angry.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Done with solo queue. I get up to 1400, then fall, because I literally have the WORST luck.

Makes me so angry, and I don't know what to do about it...I hate being angry.
the correct response is: emotionally detach yourself from your rating. play your best every game, but use each losing situation as an opportunity to evaluate what you could have done better. you are not playing to win that match, but playing to win more matches in the future. this is the starcraft masters++ mentality.

my own response: i have yet to be able to follow any of my own advice

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
VICTOR VON DOOM HAS NO TIME FOR LOSING

is what he meant to say

Radium88

Smash Lord
so I played my first Soraka game with smartcast

7/0/25

How did I play without smartcast before, I don't even know
I didn't know about it until I think either Wobbles or Leacero mentioned it during a scrim a few weeks ago. I practiced it with Taric and I wondered the same thing. But I'm still not that great with it but from now on, going to be doing it whole games every game (hopefully).

jpak

Smash Lord
Finished with a Sivir quadra. 2 pro

Loved the anti ward strat going
Thanks, there will be another game tonight at 9 pm EST vs IEM Kiev Qualified team, A Picture of A Goose (Atlanta's team).

Smart casting will take a while to get used to. After you get used to smart casting, the next one to learn is self cast.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
> that feel when you're pantheon and when you had a huge collection of gold you thought you would get an infinity edge instead of another bloodthirster with another bf sword and then SUDDENLY, your team gets aced, you're being 4v1'd AND the enemy is focussing you! YOU START YOUR HEART SEEKER STRIKE AND ALL FOUR ARE UNDER 150 HEALTH EACH AND THEN YOU DIE. ****ING QUADRA KILL IF I HAD JUST DONE MORE ****ING BLOODTHIRSTERS.

[yt]7f_HsjpSVaI[/yt]

Turazrok

Smash Master
Thanks, there will be another game tonight at 9 pm EST vs IEM Kiev Qualified team, A Picture of A Goose (Atlanta's team).

Smart casting will take a while to get used to. After you get used to smart casting, the next one to learn is self cast.
Stream it on twitch?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
If you really, really want to carry yourself out of low elo:

- Identify the champions you're good at. Only play those champions. If you never get to pick them, you might want to get better at more champions.

- Play until you lose. Playing after a loss in ELO HELL likely means you lost to bull**** (Maybe it was you, but like 90% of the games I play end by 20 minute surrender because of a troll / feeder/ leaver on one of the teams), and even if you didn't you're probably mad. People don't usually play well when mad.

- When you do get a leaver, continue to farm / play well / etc. One of my recent ranked wins was the other team @5 surrendering to our 4. People are all kinds of terrible at 1300 and will be out of position and ****, so you can pick them off and even the odds.

EDIT: @jpak: I'd argue selfcasting is more important than smartcasting.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Yeah, I learned to do self-cast before smart casting. I also remember doing really horribly the first few days after I started using smart casting, so it takes some adjustment.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Bonnie Tyler's voice has really gone downhill recently. SHE SMOEK 2 MUCH but it still fits her.

moar solo q, must rise in elo

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
the correct response is: emotionally detach yourself from your rating. play your best every game, but use each losing situation as an opportunity to evaluate what you could have done better. you are not playing to win that match, but playing to win more matches in the future. this is the starcraft masters++ mentality.

my own response: i have yet to be able to follow any of my own advice
here's my strategy

duo queue with friends who you can rely on
play really late at night so you queue with the koreans
??????
get matched with 2k elo top players

idk what i am doing

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Is there a point in getting runes before level 20? All the ones I can get now suck in comparison lol. :(

Top Bottom