• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jpak

Smash Lord
Oddone and saintvicious use solo queue as practice to learn champs and such. their goal is not to hit rank 1, or take solo queue super seriously but rather a chance to improve. i mean if anyone watches oddone's or siantvicious' stream im sure they have heard them of not wanting to get too high because of the queue times.

so you stretch a drop in junglers in the top 15 means the jungle is weaker? okay... mokuza is way outside of top 100 before jungle changes, now hes top 15, jungle must have been buffed.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Anyways jpak no need to try to belittle me because I stated my opinion about the jungle. I don't know why you have to be correct all the time. I maybe wrong about the jungle and haven't got accustomed to it or maybe I have to take a new route but I don't feel you need to constantly nitpick at what I say or trying to twist my words around to make me sound wrong/stupid. I'm just stating what I believe and commenting on the fact that many top junglers have dropped after the patch changes (which they did).

jpak

Smash Lord
okay, i just dont understand the reasoning, it's not like i only choose the things you say :(

i mean i would point out what mogwai said about not liking rammus in the new jungle as being ??????????????????????????????????????????? but im on his ignore!

Vyke

Smash Champion
Sounds like the problem with the jungle you guys have is more opinion than anything. I like it just fine, I hated it initially but the banking system made it a bit better.

I camp lanes all day.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MOGWAI JPAK SAID YOU QUESTIONING RAMMUS IS ?????

There, relayed it for ya

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh **** now I'm at the center of the drama

DRAMA GANK INCOMING

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Shaya claims they lied about the banking and that it doesn't start until two minutes after they spawn? Wanna see sources for this. Like I said, jungling is still fine except foe income wise, but you are no longer going to be outleveling solos so you can't put the team on your back as easily as before.

If you were a good jungler pre-patch it just feels unfulfilling now.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm not

Man Jpak you're the reason for all of this See I knew Canadians were evil

Leacero teach me some random AP carry like Anivia. Or someone that beats Cass (trolololo) that's not also banned all the time

jpak

Smash Lord
how i am #1 nice guy! there has to be other people that read mogwai's rammus comment and thought ?? but didnt want to post. so i post because a few of the newer players wont even consider playing rammus cause mogwai said he didnt like him in the new jungle. this is the reason why i point out most things. for example, in early season 1 i listen to some high rated player say on stream kassadin is bad then i agree only because he said so. then i spread the word that hes not that good but in fact he was super OP.

MacD

Banned via Administration
^^^

i mean maybe it's different when people aren't stupid but we know that's all of solo queue

rammus ganks still destroy solo queue, but i haven't jungled in like 2 months so what do i know

Vyke

Smash Champion
Banking doesn't start until around 2 minutes (after spawn? I know it has a delay), you're correct. It's intentional.

Leacero

Smash Lord
I'm not

Man Jpak you're the reason for all of this See I knew Canadians were evil

Leacero teach me some random AP carry like Anivia. Or someone that beats Cass (trolololo) that's not also banned all the time
Ummm, E -> R for harass, if you're going for a kill combo put a wall behind your outer layer of R, see which way they run, Q in that direction, E again. If they're not dead by then they're cheating. I usually get 1st point of wall at 10 or 12. I build rod into cap into whatever (void or hextech if they don't have significant MR).

Just play Gragas, no one beats him, he's a boss.

o ya and blue beats any mid lane. get blue and win game k

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

fkacyan

Smash Hero
IMO what makes Shyvana such a good jungler is not only her ability to far but also her ability to push.

If I see a skirmish bot lane that causes both pairs to recall / die I can go bot and hit the tower for half of its hp while only losing about 30s. Most other junglers might get maybe a quarter of the tower's HP in that timeframe.

It's almost like the new jungle was tailor made to fit to Shyv, though. She sucks at ganking and suddenly ganking is less powerful and it's all about the PvE? **** year.

played a game yesterday where annie/janna went bot and got fb'd by taric/vayne before creeps spawned because they facechecked the bottom river bush.

real common sense

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
ESPN #1 play of the week, HondaFoo throws game, RAGE ENSUES, THEN WE GET ACED LIKE 5 TIMES GG

fkacyan

Smash Hero
lol, people want shyvana to be good so badly
When you jungle, say, Trundle, or WW, or Fids, and I'm up CS by amost a factor or 2 and 3-4 levels 12-13 minutes in...

Shyvana fits the new jungle perfectly. Mobility to move faster between camps, AoE clearing, and all of her abilities scale with attack speed / damage which means she goes even faster the next time.

As a jungler in the gank meta she sucked but now she's easily one of the better junglers.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
For some reason I feel like doing a lot of solo q. I really want to hit 2k elo. Considering locking in support every chance I get lol. Easy wins.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm kind of hesitant to play support in solo queue, because it requires a lane partner who has more than half of a brain.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm kind of hesitant to play support in solo queue, because it requires a lane partner who has more than half of a brain.
Consider the other way around. If you are the AD carry and your support is garbage and their support + ad carry have half a brain, you stand NO chance at carrying your team mid/late game. You won't have ward protection, you'll get out ganked, pinked, etc. Their AD carry will snowball your lane and make your life miserable. They will out-farm and out KDA you. It sucks to be an AD carry in that situation.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Consider the other way around. If you are the AD carry and your support is garbage and their support + ad carry have half a brain, you stand NO chance at carrying your team mid/late game. You won't have ward protection, you'll get out ganked, pinked, etc. Their AD carry will snowball your lane and make your life miserable. They will out-farm and out KDA you. It sucks to be an AD carry in that situation.
Yeah...you never want to be that guy.

Also, I never knew Sun Goddess Karma was an actual skin.
I don't think I've ever seen Karma's skins.

No, wait, I've seen Sakura Karma before.
-DD

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Percentage-wise I'd say that there are actually more horribad support players than horribad AD carries...

Vyke

Smash Champion
I think Shyvana is good tbh. I just don't really find her useful in solo q considering she has no cc for teammates to capitalize off of... Go into the mentality that you're with 2-4 bads on your team who need things to sit still in order to hit them.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I find playing Sona / Karma you can generally carry your lane early well enough that your AD carry, even if half ********, can outfarm the enemy one and you win.

Well, sometimes.

EDIT: Shyv's damage output is ridiculous. I doubled the enemy Rammus / Pantheon in Dragon form without any form of CC at all by myself. She doesn't really need CC, I find. Red / Mallet / Triforce can fill the niche for some soft CC if you really, really need it though.

Top Bottom