• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Did someone finally say Swain?

YESSSSSSSS

Swain is a lot of fun vs people that don't know how to lane vs him. He's underrated in lane, but he certainly has characters to look out for. He's an interesting choice vs certain Melee's top.

1. Early game if you have a lane MU that isn't lopsided for them, you can afford to harass and use spells from the getgo because of his passive. Early on while your mana costs are fairly low and assuming you can last hit, you will get back most/all of your mana even without Dring/mana runes. So throwing safe Torments out over and over, or doing a combo here and there won't **** your mana. Especially if you are able to get this damage out safely, over time it adds up quickly. 2-3 torments and AA's to the face while you only eat a spell or two, quickly turns into your favor.

2. R > E > W > Q Skill order 95% of the time

E is straight forward. Use it to harass and to start off combos for max damage.

Maxing W gets the snare on a lower CD.

Q isn't a bad spell, but getting Snare on a lower CD is super important. Q has the best overall ratio if all 3 ticks hit (.3 per tick) and the slow amount does go up, but it can be hard to force people to eat every tick. 1 thing about Q to remember in certain scenarios: if you are faster than the other person/close by/something, and you really need to land Snare on him, you can use Q first to make the Snare easier to land. It's also strong when people want to come inside your range to leap on you because they will have to walk into and towards the center of the leash to get to you.

3. Buildwise, rushing Catalyst/RoA is the safe bet. He benefits a LOT from Catalyst, giving him huge sustain in lane (and in turn, more harass through having more mana). You tend to build him tanky AP, like Ryze if he had to also think about building AP.

Ryze: Yeah he's solid with resistance runes. Mana runes CAN help if you're in a lane that forces boots and/or lanes you basically GG win with Saph Crystal, but Ryze defensively is also weak until he gets items. Almost always on 1 side of the spectrum while you get Tear and then decide on glacial shroud/banshee/etc.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
YEAH THAT'S RIGHT DPHAT I'VE SEEN YOUR STREAM GET CARRIED BY TROLL FEEDER MOGWAI AND SAINT

Huehuehue

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
So Px. you can do red buff at level 1 with no leash as Riven to get instant level 2

but I feel like thats slowing me down in jungle.

Thoughts?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I quit the jungle once they came up with big wraith

Big wraith is op, and taking my wraiths is op

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
So Px. you can do red buff at level 1 with no leash as Riven to get instant level 2

but I feel like thats slowing me down in jungle.

Thoughts?
start wraiths, have your team help you. remember range on exp is 400 and most ranged champs have 500-600 attack range. after wraiths you can red, then golems, then wraiths again. or skip golems and gank.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Carrying from the jungle is no long viable in solo que. Main reason I'm dropping is because of the jungle changes.
yep, no ****. jungle changes are total bull****. you can say it's just different and we're supposed to just get used to it, but meh, I hate what makes a good jungle nowadays (either AoE ricefarmer who works with double gold/10 or a stronk ganker who literally just camps lanes all game and never ****ing jungles). I dunno, maybe this jungle is closer to what they wanted from the jungle when they initially designed it, but coming from the old jungle, I absolutely abhor the current jungle.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
All I do know is that starting red as first camp would be a waste since you have to start it a 1:55. Kill one of the small camps and then do red if you want to go gank ASAP to optimize your time.

New jungle still blows.

:phone:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jungle no longer most influencial role in soloqueue x100. Good change for me. :o

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Its because Junglers are rewarded even more than previously if a gank is successful. I'm not complaining about the jungle, its just the gold intake is significantly less. I went from the highest farmer to barely having a gold advantage over the support.

But like Dan already stated Junglers are not the most influential role in solo que. Look at the current ladder, the top25 was once filled with Junglers but after the change almost all of them dropped significantly.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Other junglers I played got significantly nerfed due to the jungle changes. Junglers like GP, fiddlesticks and others got significantly slowed down, WHILE udyr stayed strong. Thus people realizing how strong udyr is finally started banning him more frequently which is making it difficult for me to climb (since udyr is probably my best champ atm)

jpak

Smash Lord
But like Dan already stated Junglers are not the most influential role in solo que. Look at the current ladder, the top25 was once filled with Junglers but after the change almost all of them dropped significantly.

So like which junglers dropped significantly that were near or in the top 25? Only person I can think of is dan dinh who started playing ad carries and other random stuff.

Other junglers I played got significantly nerfed due to the jungle changes. Junglers like GP, fiddlesticks and others got significantly slowed down, WHILE udyr stayed strong. Thus people realizing how strong udyr is finally started banning him more frequently which is making it difficult for me to climb (since udyr is probably my best champ atm)
Aren't more people playing jungle GP now that he has an easier time clearing and doesn't get really low..

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's not entirely impossible to carry out of the jungle currently but much, much less likely. If you are far superior to the enemy jungler you can still help roll, and in solo q people are still very gankable but if anything goes wrong you are set very far back gold wise (I think exp is not in a bad place right now). You just need either gp/10 or someonen to super push a lane while covering it to keep up money wise.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Gp tends to go top for levels and more gold so he can hit his strong point sooner. People that need high income should not be in the jungle. He can do well comparatively bc of gun, but still not as good as top.

Fing phone double post :/

jpak

Smash Lord
saintvicious mostly because hes trying out annie shyvanna fizz and other junglers, and really doenst even solo queue that much anymore.
oddone is like a few games away from being top 25, hardly a drop

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
man. All this jungle talk. really makes me want to quit the jungle. Which sucks because I JUST LEARNED how to jungle like 1 week before the patch went up.

oh well I guess its back to AP carrys. or Maybe I can practice top lane teemo again. but I never used teemo in ranked so hmmm.

Top Bottom