• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sick of this game. All I do is play solo because it's hard to find people to play with. I'm stuck winning or losing at the whim of the bad kids. Doesn't matter what I do at all.

Sure I can be so good that I'll win an extra 5% of my games, maybe 10% tops. But the bad kids just keep on coming and there's no way to carry them sometimes.

I started out 10-1 with vayne last night. Loss. We were crushing them and my team did some of the stupidest things I ever saw.
I can get 200 farm with Orianna without dying in like 20 minutes, gank both lanes from mid and get assists in both lanes, and people will try to team fight 2v5 in the other team's jungle at 25 minutes and then ping the person on teh other side of the map and say "wtf where were you" as if they didn't even look to see what their team was up to when they ran in alone.
No one buys MR.
No one buys Armor.
No one buys wards.
Supports steal farm.
Squishie carries try to be the first one into a fight.
Beefy champs hang around in the back and never engage.

The only way to have any fun with this game is to either decide it's your whole life, and play a dozen games a day every day, or only play with friends and at least win or lose based on a whole team doing something together.

I was hoping that joining this tournament would turn into teams practicing together and what not, but I haven't heard from anyone on my team since the day teams were announced.

I'm only mad because of how much I like league. I wish this game sucked so I could quit once and for all. I just hate that such a good game is being ruined for me constantly.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The multiplayer gaming community as a whole has gone down as the size of the "gaming" population has increased.

Gone are the days where games were played by only people who wanted to be good at them. Now they're mostly populated by people who, back then, would have laughed at you for playing games at all. The kind of kid whose parent called the teacher to "fix" his grades. The guy who memorizes football stats instantly but the idea of learning what comes out of the textbook is ludicrous.

That kind of guy is now a "gamer." No wonder XBL, WoW, etc have gone down the ****ter.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I was hoping that joining this tournament would turn into teams practicing together and what not, but I haven't heard from anyone on my team since the day teams were announced.
>.> Well, it's a free tournament with no prize.
And it's getting towards the end of the semester.

So yeah.

I dunno, ask facebook friends or something if anyone plays?
Just try to have fun playing with friends if you can't carry hard enough. Hopefully they'll listen to you.

-DD

jpak

Smash Lord
Supports setup 90% of the kills the AD carries get in lane. Only way the ad carry does it himself is if he is just significantly better than the ad carry which stops as you raise in rating.

Most people do not raise their rating playing solely support, lemonnation and spellsy are the only ones I can think of. They both spam janna (though both are transitioning to not play support i think). Nhat nguyen played AP soraka until he felt comfortable supporting.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Oh yeah, how do I Leona bot the right way now?
I always liked her and now that Summoner Heal is good I'm excited to have more varying support roles I can play.

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well I'm using Health/MS quints instead of GP10 quints, which I think might be a problem.

And I feel too squishy with just gp10 items, and I don't think investing more into the defense tree will really help with that.

But I guess the idea would be to be more of a threat than an actual consequence? Kinda like Taric, but less scary because I can't stun you from a distence[often].

-DD

jpak

Smash Lord
Leona is very good, team goose has been using leona a lot. They like to run a leona jarvan bot lane. Lemongod (the leona player for goose) runs 21 defense in masteries, and you can look up his items builds. I think CDR is really good on Leona, however lemongod doesn't get any cdr on her so idk. One thing important in a leona lane is hitting level 2 before the enemy duo and taking advantage of that small level 2 vs level 1 window. You can get level 2 faster than the duo either by killing the creeps faster or taking double golems if you are on blue side.

D

Deleted member

Well I'm using Health/MS quints instead of GP10 quints, which I think might be a problem.

And I feel too squishy with just gp10 items, and I don't think investing more into the defense tree will really help with that.

But I guess the idea would be to be more of a threat than an actual consequence? Kinda like Taric, but less scary because I can't stun you from a distence[often].

-DD
not using gp5 quints aren't a problem IMO, having movespeed quints and getting 2+ assists because of it >>>> gp5 quints and 0 assists

exception is if you are a passive lame mother **** not interested in killing then gp5 seems good (this is terrible in solo q if you want to rise as support IMO.) or believe you can get kills anyways with gp5 quints, but i find that extra movespeed really useful personally

also, leona is scary post-6, like majority of cases, her landing stuff leads to easy death. if you think leona can't land **** often then u miss too much

==

overall though, i find it way easier to carry bot lane as ali support than any AD carry+ bad support, many supports jerk it in their roles

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
not using gp5 quints aren't a problem IMO, having movespeed quints and getting 2+ assists because of it >>>> gp5 quints and 0 assists

exception is if you are a passive lame mother **** not interested in killing then gp5 seems good (this is terrible in solo q if you want to rise as support IMO.) or believe you can get kills anyways with gp5 quints, but i find that extra movespeed really useful personally

also, leona is scary post-6, like majority of cases, her landing stuff leads to easy death. if you think leona can't land **** often then u miss too much

==

overall though, i find it way easier to carry bot lane as ali support than any AD carry+ bad support, many supports jerk it in their roles
I was referring more about the CD on her Ult being longer than taric's stun, not so much missing. It's pretty hard to miss, sans flash.

I guess I'm just more questioning what I can really do pre-6, because if they have a traditional healing support I don't really find myself out putting enough CC or damage to scare off the AD Carry or enemy support, compared to the damage they can just lay on me.

Or maybe Leona only works with bursty-types like Vayne and Graves? So Leona+Cait isn't really a good idea?
-DD

Kira-

Smash Champion
just curious

i used to jungle udyr/nocturne/fiddle

how do they work now? aka path and gank times

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Udyr and Noc can do whatever they want. Just start either Wraiths > Wolves > Blue or Wraiths > Reds > Gols depending on whether you want 4 or to gank. Can also just do Wolves > Blue > Wraiths > Wolves > Red ,etc. It's up to you. Generally as Noc you want to just quickly clear your camps and then gank during the short down time you have (or camp a lane), same w/ Udyr.

W/ fiddle just gank a billion times. You won't even be able to kill the creeps in a reasonable amount of time as it drags on, lol.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
rofl, doublelift just said chauster is the best support in the game on state of the league

Kira-

Smash Champion
Nhat Nguyen proving that doublelift doesn't really think that LOL

of course he would say that on sotl tho, just bm if you think your own teammate isn't good

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I reported our Sona today
for failure to communicate

/dead

jpak

Smash Lord
I hope they stream Dignitas vs iG, iG vs MYM, and Dignitas v MYM all should happen today. It's too bad those three top teams are in the same group

Top Bottom