• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You're pizza's ready nyannnnnn~~~~~!!~!~!~!~~~~

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I saved Tomato Cat on a smurf, but Victor von Doom was the name I wanted when I first started playing the game and it was only just now freed from a Level 1 summoner with no games played. I had to wait a long time... :x

Anyways, if I chat with people I still show up as Tomato Cat. But if I add them to a game they see Victor von Doom. So, I might have to re-add everyone to my friends list if it doesn't fix this in a few days.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Jimmyfisher (5:19): Dominion is better. If I wanted to play a strategy game I would play chess

agljahgkajghakgjlhagkjhalkghakjh

D

Deleted member

1500 is the point at which it becomes extremely difficult to carry. the reason for this is because people know how to not get pubstomped.

you can win your lane, gank, control dragon, and do whatever you want basically anywhere below 1400. but at 1500 people ward their lane, they play passively or ask for ganks (and the jungler ACTUALLY LISTENS) if they are losing their lane, they don't overextend, they know that farming is priority number 1, they contest dragon and baron, and their builds/runes/technical skills are not significantly different from anyone at any elo above them.

what is the significant difference between a 1500 player and a 2000 player? i've seen a few platinum players in solo queue (raising their elo after the reset) and they didn't really stand out that much aside from doing what's expected of them and not feeding.
most 1500s are still extremely deficient at laning and assuming they aren't lame-ing it up with galio, other huge ultra ghey sustainer i find it very easy to completely poop on a lane and after pooping on my lane if I need to roam I will do it.

Even if some people use an ultra passive laner who is supposed to be unkillable, they completely **** it up and still get ***** anyways

even as alistar bot lane, 1500 ESPECIALLY will space extremely bad that you can easily get a free 3 second stun by pushing them to a wall, wait a second, then pulv. You have to have a completely horrid partner who is unwilling to react to get easy kills.

1500s who use 'tough' characters like vayne will almost inevitably feed, or even if fed, completely screw up team fights by ramboing in rather than standing back and shooting.

1500s are less likely to make plays (with flash) and miss opportunities. poorer decisionmaking, tendency to stay for like 10 seconds after destroying an inhib and then half the team dies then loses baron, there is much *********** in 1500s.

tendency to be brain dead and stay in lane while jungler is getting ***** by other jungler and lane opponent

==

on the flipside, many many 2000 elo players are definitely not impressive...

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
While a 1500's players and 1900's players may not have many mechanical differences in term of gameplay, their tend to be subtle differences many people don't see. Watching junglers at mid elo range (1500's) and watching high level junglers is probably the most notable differences, or high level AD carries, they tend to have around 90 cs around 10 minutes (which is extremely good since 100 cs = perfect at 10 minute).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
These descriptions of high-ish elo sound suspiciously similar to me going into normal queue with four of my level 30 friends

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
but how? i hardly see anything on high-elo livestreams that i don't see in solo queue. anyone who's made it to 1800+ has been at 1500 before and should be able to tell me the difference. so what is it?
Just watch Doublelifts stream... And he does it in the 2000+ ELO rating. He knows how to force fights bot lane, while last hitting perfectly, and control his lane. Almost every game I seem him have something like 120-140cs over the other ad carries 90.

Salce did the same thing with his smurf except with AP. Farms, zones, etc. properly. Any team fight he just gets a double-triple kills and snowballs from there.

It's sort of frustrating to watch because the first few times it certainly looks like they just "luck out" in getting fed. But the more games I watched the more it became apparent that they just did EVERYTHING better.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Last hits + good spacing is hard to do at the same time. -_- There's so much to keep track of in this game it's ridiculous.

jpak

Smash Lord
but how? i hardly see anything on high-elo livestreams that i don't see in solo queue. anyone who's made it to 1800+ has been at 1500 before and should be able to tell me the difference. so what is it?
probably because you aren't looking into things enough, you can definitely learn lots from watching a stream. have you ever watched yourself play? lol

1500 is the point at which it becomes extremely difficult to carry. the reason for this is because people know how to not get pubstomped.

you can win your lane, gank, control dragon, and do whatever you want basically anywhere below 1400. but at 1500 people ward their lane, they play passively or ask for ganks (and the jungler ACTUALLY LISTENS) if they are losing their lane, they don't overextend, they know that farming is priority number 1, they contest dragon and baron, and their builds/runes/technical skills are not significantly different from anyone at any elo above them.

what is the significant difference between a 1500 player and a 2000 player? i've seen a few platinum players in solo queue (raising their elo after the reset) and they didn't really stand out that much aside from doing what's expected of them and not feeding.
knowledge of the game and experience. riot gives you the oppurtunity to prove the gap is small http://competitive.na.leagueoflegends.com/article/sign-alienware-arena-winter-season over there you'll have plenty of oppurtunity to play against 2k players. yes this is arranged and not solo queue but doing well in laning phase is good enough proof for me

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
we pubstomp them. It's smaller mistakes, but it tends to be **** like, they don't understand that if I'm level 3 and they're level 1 on their top tower, I'll happily tower dive and trade kills so that they miss out on XP and then snowball from there.

I will admit that I'm glad I'm not at 1500s nowadays though. Feels a lot harder to go hypercarry from the jungle, and my main recipe for < 1700 success was to just play WW in the jungle and 1v5 **** them sideways.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Below 1500 the winning recipe seems to be to play Nasus style and just hardcore farm. Went 0/4/0 top lane with Olaf / Nocturne constantly towerdiving me... But I was about 50cs ahead of the Olaf and every time I got dived he AND Noc had to go back. I died one more time in getting my team an inner tower and then went Godlike.

I'm not even sure much effort is required before 1500, it feels more like "Will they let you farm / Do they have a leaver or rager? Yes? Enjoy your win."

Can't wait to be out of it. Wish I had more time to play.

EDIT: Karma is also pretty ****ing stupid. That shield... Man.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
The only thing about Karma honestly is players don't understand her support kit. It's different from most other supports where she seems to mainly support the initiators/beefy champs rather than the Carries.

Not that she can't support the carries, but she has a speed up/slow down and AOE dmg shield, which you typically don't want to put on a carry unless they dive the carry, which then it's a matter of the carry understanding how much dmg Karma can put out if properly farmed and when they need to kite properly.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
ive been saying this the past few days in chat, but im ****ing in love with support gp.

Kira-

Smash Champion
u can watch mango and not see anything special, but once you play him you will understand

its clearer if you go down in elo, like if you are at 1500 and you go down to 1300, you will notice you are 10x better than them. but if you are climbing it is easier to overlook differences

bassem6

Smash Lord
Queued up for a draft normal and I get paired with dphat,dekar, and bullowny (is rei a smasher too?). What are the odds...lol. Fun game guys :p

I played a LOT more passively bot (afk farm all day) and it worked out a lot better than aggressive playstyle haha. Still dont like playing ad carries though.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Bassem you didn't do anything, I was watching the game, that dphat fellow and dekar had 30 kills combined. Only time I saw graves icon show up was when you died.
fun playing with you too dood :c

Edit: me and soraka POOOOOPED on bot. So screw you :)

Edit 2: Dphat panth 12-6-2. My graves 4-3-12. You had twice as many deaths as me!! :O

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Anivia OP lol the 2 deaths were from me diving into their turret at the end of the game.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just messed up in paint bec I'm starting a game lol I will upload whole pic later. They all had like 5x more games played than me lol.

Top Bottom