• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I usually get the jungle role when I solo queue.
I only ever hate my job if there's a Shaco on the other team. :applejack:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
if Pantheon is using aegis without using it to recharge his shield or just kill you, he's doing it wrong.
>_> Well the idea is that he's using it to just kill me, but I'm smart and know it won't kill me, so after he jumps on me I auto attack, Q, R, auto etcetc.

But yeah, no doubt he's doing it wrong.

-DD

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Been lurking this thread for a week or two now. Guess i should say hi.

My summoner name is ISBS if anyone wants to play.

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Quick question, where would you guys prefer your Poppy to go, top lane or bottom lane?
I always felt more comfortable with bottom, but I've tried top once or twice and it doesn't seem that bad. What's the more efficient spot for Poppy to be in?

:applejack:

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Quick question, where would you guys prefer your Poppy to go, top lane or bottom lane?
I always felt more comfortable with bottom, but I've tried top once or twice and it doesn't seem that bad. What's the more efficient spot for Poppy to be in?

:applejack:
Really depends on lane matchups, correct me if I'm wrong but poppy doesn't have any natural sustain or the ability to wipe out creep waves quickly.

I don't know how well Poppy does vs common tops tbh cause she is pretty strong if she can land her skills.

Poppy is sort of problematic I think because she doesn't fit the meta very well at all. So a lot of what you need to be doing with Poppy needs to be based on your own experience in how to play those matchups.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
poppy's best spot is 15 minutes into the game with a real amount of farm. No one knows what to do with that ***** for the first 15 minutes of the game tbh.
The first 15 minutes? That's easy:

If top:
Farm as much as you can.

If bottom:
Wait 15 minutes.

:p

=====

Not sure about how good I am with Poppy, nor my opponents vs. her, but I've managed to get by vs. Jax, Singed, and Riven in the past up top.

Bottom I feel is exponentially harder because it's typically ranged ad+support on the other side, but once I hit six in either lane, I feel ridiculously safe for at least a few seconds.

I generally just try to farm as much as I can until I can get my Trinity Force (PhilStone and Greaves first. Any ideas for other items?). Once that happens, I feel that it's much easier to harass and tear people down, especially in smaller skirmishes down bottom for those mid-game dragons.

Though, it's harder to do that if you're a top lane Poppy, imo.
Also, last game I played vs. Singed, and we did nothing but farm for the first 30 minutes of the game. The most boring thing in the world.

@PX: I've tried that before. It's hilariously fun.
Though I went Phil, HoG, and Kage's... :applejack:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Who can play aggressively against cass and win?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Annie/fizz were two champs that already came to mind. I was thinking Orianna/Gragas might work as well.

Also, mid lane fiddle doesn't seem so bad now that he's never picked for jungle.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I was thinking possibly Karthus, mainly cause his effective range is kinda crazy (Its 975 including explosion's AoE). I could be wrong and Cass can just take a doo doo on Karth.

karthus cass is just a farm lane

neither party can afford to be too aggressive pre-6 because of the wall and cass's huge damage output

post-6 cass should gain an advantage though but not large enough to overcome karthus' safe farming range

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Donnnn't doooooo ittttt

Play 50-100 more normal level 30 games before you start doing ranked, you'll thank me later
I had heard that you should have like 600 draft normal wins, 40 champs, and at least 2-4 champs for every role before you do ranked. Was that exaggerated?

Kira-

Smash Champion
There's no "magic" number of wins that means you're ready for ranked, wtf. I played ranked immediately as soon as I hit 30 and didn't play any normals for like a month. I had already been watching streams and actively trying to get better since I was level 20 so I got gold within 30 games or so (S1). I wasn't even that good, but cs, correct item builds, and map awareness alone carried me to that elo.

Now, if you played bot games to level 30, you will fall to 500 elo in a second. If you just played normals without doing any homework/research, then there is no telling where you will be. Some people learn quickly and will get to 1500 easily, some will not and will fall down to 900.

That having been said, even if you suck you should play ranked, because normal games are LOLsy and you WILL get better by playing ranked games. you can play 3000 normal games and still not learn anything

btw dodging skillshots > how u beat cass

Leacero

Smash Lord
You can alternatively not play solo Q ranked at all and enjoy life with premade 5s.

And it's not very easy to dodge Cass's spells. First tick of miasma comes up instantly and slows you so if you get tagged you're going to take a lot of damage.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I had heard that you should have like 600 draft normal wins, 40 champs, and at least 2-4 champs for every role before you do ranked. Was that exaggerated?
Maybe not that much, but you should still spend some time playing level 30 normals instead of going straight from lvl29->ranked. There's still a lot to be learned before going into ranked. For instance, when I got to level 30 I was still running Tele + Clarity on Lux...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Watch lots of streams, try to find high elo players playing the character you want to play so you get a better idea of how they work.

guides

ad carry - http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=9234

support (masteries outdated, but still informative) - http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=6097

gragas video guide + generic ap tips - http://solomid.net/videoplayer.php?v=949

btw, if you hadn't noticed, solomid has alot of really good information for learning the game, plus a ton of livestreams to watch.

also, stuff about new new jungle - http://ggchronicle.com/under-the-hood-the-new-jungle/

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
How does Annie do well against Cass? Annie's range is pretty bad compared to Cass's.

D

Deleted member

Really depends on lane matchups, correct me if I'm wrong but poppy doesn't have any natural sustain or the ability to wipe out creep waves quickly.

I don't know how well Poppy does vs common tops tbh cause she is pretty strong if she can land her skills.

Poppy is sort of problematic I think because she doesn't fit the meta very well at all. So a lot of what you need to be doing with Poppy needs to be based on your own experience in how to play those matchups.
put a 'weak' top laner vs passive sustainer and be overall more useful to the team despite getting less cs.

nasus/poppy for example

brand is a strong laner but his e range is pretty sad whereas your q range is ****ing ****

abuse your range to harass him safely while dodging pillars. fight in your minions so he can't stun you easily. you can outdps him and win trades if you're smart and be aggressive when his spells are on cooldown. if any one of his skills are on cd you can run in and **** his *** for free pretty much

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've had a lot of success against Cass as Brand. I just try to stay close to her and constantly harass her with e, and use pillar when she goes for CS, but I don't use pillar often only when I'm pretty sure it will hit. Cass will get mana starved much faster than brand, and brand can kill her at level 4 from like 3/4s health if he hits his stun(which is absurdly hard lol but flash can get you the kill here).

I feel it's pretty even in lane and comes down to dodging skill.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I can't seem to beat Brand with Cass. Is that a matchup thing or am I doing it wrong?

:phone:
Q his last hits with auto attacks as punish (his attack range is pretty low) , flash through brand's sear (his stun attack) and nuke the crap outta him, if you miss your Q get the hell away or get ready to juke his stun

Top Bottom