• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

MacD

Banned via Administration
anyone else spiking randomly/constantly throughout games?

my internet is loading everything normal/fast, but when i play league, it randomly decides that i should just sit around 250-300 ping for 3 minutes, get a minute break, then go back and lag again. it's only really been happening at night for the past like 5 days. played some this morning and everything was fine it's so dumb

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
First time I tried patching a couple minutes ago, I got an error. Probably server load.

Cia

das kwl
anyone else spiking randomly/constantly throughout games?

my internet is loading everything normal/fast, but when i play league, it randomly decides that i should just sit around 250-300 ping for 3 minutes, get a minute break, then go back and lag again. it's only really been happening at night for the past like 5 days. played some this morning and everything was fine it's so dumb
this was happening to me last night :(

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
So start boots, play defensive until he goes to last hit, flash through his q to kill him? Hmmmm. Everytime I lane against Brand we just kill each other.

D

Deleted member

So start boots, play defensive until he goes to last hit, flash through his q to kill him? Hmmmm. Everytime I lane against Brand we just kill each other.
if ur not starting boots vs brand you are asking to get *****, thats your #1 mistake unless the brand is freakin awful

other than that, 98% of brands have a predictable pillar pattern that they will almost never change up. Getting boots though makes it so that unless you have slow reflexes/ he starts it in the exact middle of where you are it doesn't matter.

But in any case, most brands might try to cover your escape path with pillar assuming you are going to run, some don't. Keep track of what they do because most laners will do the same thing. Few adjust, better players are more likely to adjust/ assume you will juke smartly. Don't be afraid to just run towards him especially if they assume you will run backwards

Don't stand next to stuff if ur getting ulted.

For extra-metagaming vs. great skillshot laners who don't suck, make it seem like ur gunna do the jukes that better players do and when they adjust, do n00b *** jukes/stand still based on their char to dodge it (obviously not really applying to Brand but more like Ezrael's skillshots in lane)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I HATE when people stand still when I'm brand lmao I always miss.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I always thought Anivia had a rather easy time with harass unless they depended on landing Q first.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Maybe not that much, but you should still spend some time playing level 30 normals instead of going straight from lvl29->ranked. There's still a lot to be learned before going into ranked. For instance, when I got to level 30 I was still running Tele + Clarity on Lux...
Yeah, and as others have mentioned, I've been watching lots of streams, reading lots of guides, and making a point to mentally review each game after I finish and figure out what I did good/bad and how to adjust that. I still play like sion is remotely tanky without his shield up for some reason though, lol.

An irl friend I duo queue draft normals with sometimes (not voorhese) thinks I'd start at around 1200 elo. does that avoid the infamous "elo hell" I always read about on the lol forums?

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
if ur not starting boots vs brand you are asking to get *****, thats your #1 mistake unless the brand is freakin awful

other than that, 98% of brands have a predictable pillar pattern that they will almost never change up. Getting boots though makes it so that unless you have slow reflexes/ he starts it in the exact middle of where you are it doesn't matter.

But in any case, most brands might try to cover your escape path with pillar assuming you are going to run, some don't. Keep track of what they do because most laners will do the same thing. Few adjust, better players are more likely to adjust/ assume you will juke smartly. Don't be afraid to just run towards him especially if they assume you will run backwards

Don't stand next to stuff if ur getting ulted.

For extra-metagaming vs. great skillshot laners who don't suck, make it seem like ur gunna do the jukes that better players do and when they adjust, do n00b *** jukes/stand still based on their char to dodge it (obviously not really applying to Brand but more like Ezrael's skillshots in lane)
Thank you. I do start boots, I was just making sure. This really helps ^^ Brand is such a tough MU for me. Almost as bad as the super mindgames with Lea's Morgana >_>

Vyke

Smash Champion
Elo Hell lasts forever. It never gets any better according to anyone I talk to at 2k or above. Drama everywhere. Trolls everywhere.

Accept that Solo Q will always have a negative attitude.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
1400 elo during non-korean prime time has always held a soft spot in my heart for having the least amount of trolling, and the largest amount of try harding. People also know when to shut up when they're getting carried. It's brilliant.
Communication IQ @ 1400 = 120
"" @ 1500 = 101
"" @ 1600 = 80
"" @ 1700 = 55-90
"" @ 1900 = dphat

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I was in the 1500's last night. Then I got really bad at this game and tanked into the 1300's.
Felt like when I playing around 1500 games were a lot more even. Like, one bad play late game and you lost but were always in the game type of stuff. Where I'm at now it's basically one team stomping the other for 20 minutes.
And me being Mr. Nice Guy who doesn't want to start ***** wars during team select allows everybody to take the role they want and play support... Too bad the other team always has an AD who never misses a CS and I have herpidy derp derp every time.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I got to 1600 by instant locking rumble and dominating my lane, followed by trolling other team into a surrender

worked every time

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I got to 1950 with Sona only >_>.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
An irl friend I duo queue draft normals with sometimes (not voorhese) thinks I'd start at around 1200 elo. does that avoid the infamous "elo hell" I always read about on the lol forums?
There are like, several levels to "elo hell" to consider:

1100 and below • people feel this bracket is inescapable due to how many bad players will be on both teams in any given game; usually when the average person says elo hell they're talking about this; just carry super hard and you'll make it out, otherwise you probably belong here for the time being

1200-1400 • most ranked players can't make it past this stage, which is where people start getting decent mechanics-wise; still remedied by carrying hard and rallying your team of still-noobs

1500-1600 • honestly I think this is the true elo hell, as people here usually think they're better than they really are (since they made it out of 1400s) and cannot take any sort of criticism whatsoever; some people dont shake their low elo habits and insta-lock, don't care for the team comp, eventually trolling ensues, etc; the true elo hell; real

1700-2000 • not really elo hell as much as some people claim it is, at least you get competitive games in here with good players on both sides

2000 and up • heaven; why hello there HotShot and ReginaId

john!

Smash Hero
1500 is the point at which it becomes extremely difficult to carry. the reason for this is because people know how to not get pubstomped.

you can win your lane, gank, control dragon, and do whatever you want basically anywhere below 1400. but at 1500 people ward their lane, they play passively or ask for ganks (and the jungler ACTUALLY LISTENS) if they are losing their lane, they don't overextend, they know that farming is priority number 1, they contest dragon and baron, and their builds/runes/technical skills are not significantly different from anyone at any elo above them.

what is the significant difference between a 1500 player and a 2000 player? i've seen a few platinum players in solo queue (raising their elo after the reset) and they didn't really stand out that much aside from doing what's expected of them and not feeding.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
but how? i hardly see anything on high-elo livestreams that i don't see in solo queue. anyone who's made it to 1800+ has been at 1500 before and should be able to tell me the difference. so what is it?
On the spot decision-making and smart playcalls, which comes through experience

Top Bottom