• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
It's on the tooltip for red buff and it's new to this patch. It was not in the patch notes (just like their baron buff and trist bug)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I have to say, I am a fan of the Jarvander changes. Although he is slightly weaker early game (passive procs for less, but it can be increased by Q's armor shred) he is still a beast, pushes and farms like a boss, and scales more into late game (again both b/c armor debuffs apply to his passive damage and b/c the percentage is higher).

Also, with heal being OP right now and his being quite tanky for little with solid base damage, he is possible to take as an aggressive support bottom.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I did support Jarvan in the past, but never thought it was good (just acceptable). Right now I think it's GOOD. That's the difference. Back when Jarvander was my number 1 squeeze I used to play that guy in every lane.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think what made it good is the fixes to his Q debuff and the change to Heal, as well as the nerfs to the super high sustain supports.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Support Jarvan has been good since Mogwai was hatched from an egg some 3-4 years ago.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so wait. support jarvan goes
21/0/9? and rocks heals as a summoner?

and im just assuming armpen reds armor yellows and MR blues with ??? quints?

also I notice a lot of my question aren't getting answered anymore. if I'm asking stupid questions or whatever I'm sorry.

I just learn WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more here then on Mobafire or the league boards or leaguecraft or whatever.

pretty much after you guys explain the champ I start doing well with them

I asked mogwai how to play teemo. then I had that week where my teemo went like 11-2-8 every game. and then I haven't had a negative game with Jungle riven yet since Px explained him. (except for the time I DC'd for 10 minutes)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I think what made it good is the fixes to his Q debuff and the change to Heal, as well as the nerfs to the super high sustain supports.
Q debuff was fixed months ago and I still don't take heal, so yea, I guess I see the biggest recent buff to support Jarman as Utility getting nerfed into the dirt and offensive getting buffed to all hell.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Honestly you can run whatever you want on masteries on him and it will work fine.

I suggest grabbing Heal if you have a weak/non burst ranged DPS in your lane (9 in defense for imp heal), but otherwise you can probably grab whatever you want w/ good success and focus offensive.

MR/lvl blue, AD quint, arpen red, armor yellow imo (or do the Mogwai mixes). Basically do same **** as solos except you get a buncha wards and gp/10.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I just do 21/2/7 with flat AD quints, ArPen Marks, Armor Seals, Scaling MRes Glyphs.

I still like CV so I take flash/CV, but grabbing ignite/exhaust (depending on what your ranged DPS took) is probably better tbh. I think they're both better than Heal, but I just generally hate heal and think it sucks, so w/e, that might just be me.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
For solo queue probably still grab CV. If you are with people that ward well for themselves and frequently, you can forgo nerfed CV for Heal (in non-aggressive lanes).

Heal pretty much gives you an extra quarter life-bar at its current stats at any level, without affecting any subsequent healing. I donno, it's pretty good now (and I used to hate it too b/c of how hard it fell off later).

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
On that note, I need some solo queue advice. What do you do when a teammate feeds? Do you play more risk-oriented to try to make up for their loss? Tell them to play more passively, causing them to fall behind but maybe preventing more deaths? It seems like a lose-lose situation. Also, noob question here, how do you play after laning phase is over? Laning phase is traditionally my strong point, but I often disagree with what my randoms think are good/bad engagements. Then what? Do I jump into a bad engagement to try to save it? Do I avoid it and leave the others to die? I feel like I jump in to save them too often, and die for it, but when I don't they yell at me telling me all I do is run away. :/

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
On that note, I need some solo queue advice. What do you do when a teammate feeds? Do you play more risk-oriented to try to make up for their loss? Tell them to play more passively, causing them to fall behind but maybe preventing more deaths? It seems like a lose-lose situation. Also, noob question here, how do you play after laning phase is over? Laning phase is traditionally my strong point, but I often disagree with what my randoms think are good/bad engagements. Then what? Do I jump into a bad engagement to try to save it? Do I avoid it and leave the others to die? I feel like I jump in to save them too often, and die for it, but when I don't they yell at me telling me all I do is run away. :/
Basically, win your lane so hard that you impress your entire team and can just call the shots. Then just make good calls and they might keep letting you call the shots.

-DD

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Tell them to play more passively, causing them to fall behind but maybe preventing more deaths?
Playing passively doesn't necessarily make them fall behind more.

Do I jump into a bad engagement to try to save it? Do I avoid it and leave the others to die? I feel like I jump in to save them too often, and die for it, but when I don't they yell at me telling me all I do is run away. :/
A lot of my friends who I introduce to LoL have had trouble with this. If you have to ask, there's no correct answer. It's a judgment call; it depends on your skill level, what you think the opponents' and your teammates' skill levels are, what champion you're playing (Alistar suiciding to save Ryze, for example).

You call the shots, but if there's more than one person who disagrees with you, you defer to them even if it's not the best decision because at least you can win the fights.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Karma is the ****. I love being able to take people on 2v1 and win cause: dat shield, dat aoe, and dat heal. Shes probably my favorite AP champ.

Nothing is funnier to me than reading all the "Wtf Karma can do that?!" I really want to try out Heal on Karma at some point, cause being able to AOE heal upwards of 5 million (slight hyperbole) is just silly

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Basically, win your lane so hard that you impress your entire team and can just call the shots. Then just make good calls and they might keep letting you call the shots.

-DD
What if winning your lane means being up by 50 cs, but your teammates don't know the difference? Because some matchups I feel like all I can do is farm. (I'm a fresh level 30)

Thanks for al the responses guys, I'll try to take this all into account and improve my game.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
If you're winning by 50 cs, then why don't you just kill them? you'll be up like 1k gold so just kill his ***.
True, that was just an example really. Usually if I can't get a kill in lane I just farm, and even if I get more farm, randoms don't seem to notice farm at my level. I've had situations like:

Random: "ugh. Surrender at 20."
me: "Nah, we're good, I'm ****** this guy in CS."
random: "What's cs?"

QQ

Tmacc

Smash Lord
You've just got to keep your team's morale up. I'm slowly learning how to do it effectively...some people are just resistant to it.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Janna and Gragas are banned wat do
If for whatever reason you can't pick Janna or Gragas I would think Maokai might be the next best choice. Gragas and Janna just counter aoe strats straight up with good ulti's, but at least Maokai will let you survive through their ults.
Also take Cleanse or buy a QSS when you run into these comps. BIG help.
Could also go Olaf and just not give a **** about them and charge into their carries anyway.
Xerath would also be fine against it because he'll be too far away for them to catch with their ults now that I think about it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Support jarvan is legit.

I go 0/15/15 though.
With a very tanky rune page (no armor pen... I have like dodge, armor, magic resist, gp5).
Although it wouldn't hurt to go more offensive. The laning phase involves throwing flags near people to scare them and just qing people over and over again.

Top Bottom